HeaderTools ( for TB ) ver 0.6.0 available

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
allenzh

Post by allenzh »

Ausdilecce,
I want to add X-tags to many selected messages in one folder, HeaderTools(0.6.6) works in my pop3 account but doesn't work in my IMAP account, In my IMAP account, if selecting several messages to add X-tags, the selected messages disappears except the first one, Is there some setting I should change?

My client: Windows XP sp2, TB1.5.0.10, HeaderTools0.6.6
My sever:Linuxe AS4, Dovecot Imap

Thank you
Bashar

Post by Bashar »

the thread is so big to read...

just to make sure it doesn't harm big mailbox sizes? i have some mailboxes around 2GB size
If you're not using Firefox, you're not surfing the web, you're suffering it.
~gargoyle

Post by ~gargoyle »

Does anyone have a copy of the latest version of this extension.
My copy does not work anymore.
I am curreently using TB version 1.5.0.10 (20070221)
I really liked this extension but have not been able to find another that will do the same things.

So can anyone help??
daniel.j.doughty

header tools

Post by daniel.j.doughty »

found a copy of it at http://ext.extenzilla.org/header_tools/HeaderTools.xpi. I installed it on Thunderbird 2.0.0.4

Daniel J. Doughty
kermalou

Post by kermalou »

Is there an updated extension for this?

I can't seem to make it work with 2.0.0.6.
c3po-r2d2

Post by c3po-r2d2 »

I'm using TB Version 2.0.0.9 (20071031) and Extension Tool 0.6.6

Sometimes when I reference a mail to another, the attachment got lost. The Header Source Code seems to be identically (beside the REFERENCES:). Got anybody any ideas why? Using IMAP btw.

THX in advance
Klaus
Milesch

Post by Milesch »

the link you posted to the xpi is dead: www.supportware.net/mozilla/HeaderTools.xpi

Quite difficult to understand the msgs without having the link open in another tab.
Miles
Milesch

Post by Milesch »

Attempting to change the subject of multitudes of "kept msgs." Is there a keyboard shortcut to open up the header window, or can one be easily manufactured somehow in TB 2.0.0.13?
MarkPrado

Post by MarkPrado »

This link is still dead: www.supportware.net/mozilla/HeaderTools.xpi

Another link on a previous page claiming to offer an alternative download site is also nonfunctional.

Where can one get version 0.6.0 or any version which works with Thunderbird 2?
MarkPrado

Post by MarkPrado »

I eventually found 0.6.6 here: http://forum.addonsmirror.net/ext/extth ... _0.6.6.xpi

Mini-tutorial here: http://forum.addonsmirror.net/index.php?showtopic=1906

For editing the subject line, it does NOT work for me when I've opened the message. It works only in the folder's list of messages (with only the one message selected, of course). Also, it's off the Tools menu, not the View menu as mis-stated in the Mini-tutorial.

Tools, Change Header Details.

Works well! Very useful for editing Subject: from website inquiries, from negligent senders who neglect to write a Subject: line to specify what's of interest in their messages, and just when a thread has changed topic and needs to be broken up.
Milesch

Post by Milesch »

Mark, it's also available in the context menu which is easier than opening the Tools menu. As for you, it's real handy for changing the Subject. For instance I have daily Cybernet which subject reads Cybernet Technology News. It's preferable to set each to Cybernet -- followed by an important subject in the daily newsletter. Same applies to a few others I receive. Don't believe I'll bother going back and changing several hundred kept msgs though!
anacronataff

Post by anacronataff »

c3po-r2d2 wrote:(...)
Sometimes when I reference a mail to another, the attachment got lost.
(...)
Using IMAP btw.
(...)

Klaus, did you solved it?

I have the same problem:
With IMAP, every time when I use Header Tools to change e.g. the subject, the attachment (e.g. PDF-File) will be DESTROYED! No such problem on local folders, only IMAP!
Thank you for help...

Gerd
justwonderin

Does Anyone Know.....

Post by justwonderin »

Does anyone know if this project has been abandoned? There have been no updates made since 2006! I am currently using the extension, but have noticed that Thunderbird 3 is in the works.....If HeaderTools has been abandoned, I might as well try to find some other solution. Any replies will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Frank DiLecce, the extension's author, has been absent from the Thunderbird community for some time, so there are no guarantees that this extension will be maintained or updated for future Thunderbird versions. We keep hoping he'll show up again soon, as he really knows his stuff.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
justwonderin

Thank you, Doug

Post by justwonderin »

Thank you for your reply, Doug. I'm afraid that I must assume that HeaderTools is history, then.

Does anyone know of someone who might be willing to "take over" this idea? Or does anyone know how we could get them to create Thunderbird 3 with the option of editing the subject line for saved messages? This is a very important time saver and organizer solution for our business. I'm not sure what else I will be able to do.