AutoSave ( for TB ) ver 0.0.96 is available

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pdrummond

Post by pdrummond »

I just tried to install AutoSave in Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 (downloaded from Mozilla today) and it refuses because of version. Do I have to try the "edit install.rdf" solution?
bunburyist

AutoSave unable to export from IMAP folder

Post by bunburyist »

Is there any way to export all messages in an IMAP folder and save them to a disk file?
pdrummond

Post by pdrummond »

Since IMAP accounts do not normally download the messages, I think you would have to set the preferences to the IMAP account to "download" before before you could save messages.
Please let us know if you find a way to save individual messages as files (with meaningful names such as subject/date). I used to be able to do this many moons ago but seem to have lost that tool along the way.
pdrummond

Post by pdrummond »

I keep looking for an extention that saves (a group of) emails as individual files in any folder I choose. Logically they would have user selected naming (i.e. subject+date).
Autosave is useful in the situation where every message must be saved, but I suspect more people need some way to save only those that are important or need to be "filed" for reference later.
AlexIhrig

Post by AlexIhrig »

Frank,

1) AutoSave uses "....preventBubble();". preventBubble should no more be used - it leads to a JS warning in the error console. Please, use "stopPropagation();" instead.

2) AutoSave leads to a suspekt behaviour: I'm using IMAP accounts. When copying/moving a message by drag'n'drop (and only by drag'n'drop) from one folder to an other folder, everytimes a 2nd attemp is necessary to have success.
Thunderbird Mail DE: http://www.thunderbird-mail.de
Enigmail OpenPGP [de]: http://enigmail.thunderbird-mail.de/
josi

Post by josi »

Hi,

I installed AutoSave Extension (0.1.6) in Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 on WindowsXP. I need export folders and their respective messages to Outlook Express. Are these steps correct?

For each folder individually:
1) Empty the directory that will be receive the files generated;
2) In TB, select all messages from this folder and choose Export Messages Individually (many files);
3) Create manually the folder in OE;
4)Select all files created on step 2 and move them to OE.

Is this the best way to do that?

Thanks in advance,
Josi
bs7

Re: AutoSave ( for TB ) ver 0.0.96 is available

Post by bs7 »

this extension seems to no longer be being developed

are there any similar add-ons that will save every email sent and received?

thanks