[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
avada

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:Anyone else thinks it is kind of hypocritical that Mozilla removed this "old-school" menu in Firefox 29 only to introduce a similar one about three years later in Firefox 57?
I wonder when they'll rediscover that having colored and more easily distinguishable icons is superior, to the monochrome crap the have now. :mrgreen:
ChewInternetExplorer

Post by ChewInternetExplorer »

Recent Nightlies dropped the Dropmarker on my Bookmark Icon and also Closed Tab List Icon — just a heads-up:—
Aris wrote:Anyone else thinks it is kind of hypocritical that Mozilla removed this "old-school" menu in Firefox 29 only to introduce a similar one about three years later in Firefox 57?

ImageImage
Oh yes — muppets! ](*,)
Aris

Post by Aris »

ChewInternetExplorer wrote:Recent Nightlies dropped the Dropmarker on my Bookmark Icon and also Closed Tab List Icon — just a heads-up:—

http://i.imgur.com/VNdWxvq.png

That is strange. For me dropmarker icons of toolbarbuttons with type="menu" disappeared.

Code: Select all

#nav-bar .toolbarbutton-1 > .toolbarbutton-menu-dropmarker {
  display: block !important;
  margin-inline-start: -13px;
}
ChewInternetExplorer

Aris wrote:
ChewInternetExplorer wrote:Recent Nightlies dropped the Dropmarker on my Bookmark Icon and also Closed Tab List Icon — just a heads-up:—

http://i.imgur.com/VNdWxvq.png

That is strange. For me dropmarker icons of toolbarbuttons with type="menu" disappeared.

}
The Bookmark Icon Dropmarker is reflected fine now, Aris. Image
ChewInternetExplorer

On recent Nightlies (and Betas, as well) they seem to have finally killed the useful CSS selector a:visited — it does not work even with /*AGENT_SHEET*/

However, the CSS selector a:visited works fine from within the CTR Code Box — just a heads-up. Image
avada

Post by avada »

ChewInternetExplorer wrote:On recent Nightlies (and Betas, as well) they seem to have finally killed the useful CSS selector a:visited — it does not work even with /*AGENT_SHEET*/

However, the CSS selector a:visited works fine from within the CTR Code Box — just a heads-up. Image
What can you use that for?
ChewInternetExplorer

avada wrote:
ChewInternetExplorer wrote:On recent Nightlies (and Betas, as well) they seem to have finally killed the useful CSS selector a:visited — it does not work even with /*AGENT_SHEET*/

What can you use that for?
On a page with lot of links, I'm unable to visually discern which links I've already clicked since the color difference (between visited and un-visited links) is not significant

With the Google Search page as an ideal example — check out the following illustration and the CSS code used (in the CTR Code Box — all thanks & credits, to Aris) to color the visited link, as red on every site:—

a:visited {
  color: hsla(3, 92%, 54%, 1.0) !important;
}
ChewInternetExplorer

On the Navigation Bar, there are 2 more dropmarkers for the very useful history (on the Back and Forward arrow) that seem to have gone unnoticed — with the insane magnifications used, was able to reproduce only one of those dropmarkers:—
Aris

Post by Aris »

Extend the previous code and exclude back and forward buttons.

#nav-bar .toolbarbutton-1:not(:-moz-any(#back-button,#forward-button)) > .toolbarbutton-menu-dropmarker {
}
ChewInternetExplorer

Aris, thank you for your cooperation.

Just a couple of clarifications:—
  • Firstly, I did not use this code because it causes a blanket disable (hides the Forward button at all times — even when there's a page in history, to go back to.)
  • The code on your last post disables the dropmarkers completely on the Back and Forward buttons whereas I was hoping to leave them enabled but detach them (ATM, the dropmarkers are attached to the Back and Forward buttons — same issue which you resolved here.)
The following 2 screenshots are one and the same — it's just that the second one illustrates a magnified dropmarker:—
ChewInternetExplorer

Aris, thank you for your cooperation.

Just a couple of clarifications:—
  • Firstly, I did not use this code because it causes a blanket disable (hides the Forward button at all times — even when there's a page in history, to go back to.)
  • The code on your last post disables the dropmarkers completely on the Back and Forward buttons whereas I was hoping to leave them enabled but detach them with more space (ATM, the dropmarkers are attached to the Back and Forward buttons, with no space between them — same issue which you resolved here.)
The following 2 screenshots are one and the same — it's just that the second one illustrates a magnified dropmarker:—
Aris

Post by Aris »

I'm not sure we are talking about the same stuff here.
Firefox 55 without any themes or add-ons installed removed dropmarkers of menu buttons "toolbarbutton[type='menu']" from navigation toolbar. Menu buttons "toolbarbutton[type='menu-button']" still show dropmarkers.

The first code forced dropmarkers of menu buttons "toolbarbutton[type='menu']" to reappear on all menu buttons including default back and forward buttons.
The last code excludes back and forward buttons, because they are not meant to show dropmarkers.
ChewInternetExplorer

Oh, I see — in my Nightly, those dropmarkers have been so closely attached to the Back and Front buttons, that I never realized (for over a month) that those were actually dropmarkers.

Update:—
  • The closely-attached dropmarkers have now arrived on the latest V54 Beta 13, too — check the following screenshot (you might need to magnify the Back and Forward buttons — wonder if others can spot it, too):—
Aris

Post by Aris »

Please create a new Firefox profile and only install latest CTR beta. Make sure you are not masking/changing Firefox version number with anything.

Win 7 + Fx54 + CTR 1.6.7b11 + default theme => no dropmarkers on back/forward

Win 8 + Fx54b13 + CTR 1.6.7b11 + dark lw-theme => no dropmarkers on back/forward
ChewInternetExplorer

Thank you for the screenshots — they helped resolve the issue (which was on my end.)

Had to only delete the following code:—
  • Code: Select all

}

After replacing the above code with your latest code, my problem was solved:—
  • Code: Select all

#nav-bar .toolbarbutton-1:not(:-moz-any(#back-button,#forward-button)) > .toolbarbutton-menu-dropmarker {
    }
Now, my Navigation Bar looks ravishing — your patience is appreciated, Aris Image