[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
telzey

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by telzey »

Aris wrote:Please post a screenshot of the search where that one result is ...
... visible --> "Remove 'Search with' and 'Visit' items if present" option disabled.
... hidden --> "Remove 'Search with' and 'Visit' items if present" option enabled.

Normally the popup gets only hidden, if the last result is a "Seach with [SearchEngine]" result. At least that is how it should be and still happens for me up to Fx 55.

Option disabled -> this popup:

Option enabled -> no popup.
FF52, option enabled (no popup):

FF52, option disabled:

For comparison, I was expecting the FF51 behavior (option enabled):

Aris

Post by Aris »

Any chance you can test this on a new profile with only CTR installed? I recommend Portable Firefox for that (-> see OP / first post).

Here is what I did:
- Fx 52.0.x
- new Firefox profile
- latest CTR (enabled alternative appearance for autocomplete popup and star button in location bar)
- visited and bookmarked https://www.pcfinancial.ca/ from your example
- now this happens once I type "pcf" into location bar:

1. Fx autocompletes my input and shows two items: "Visit..." and "bookmarked" site
("Remove 'Search with' and 'Visit' items if present" option disabled)

2. removing the autocompleted part shows two items: "Search with Google" and "bookmarked" site
("Remove 'Search with' and 'Visit' items if present" option disabled)

3. input only shows one item: "bookmarked" site
("Remove 'Search with' and 'Visit' items if present" option enabled)

I don't know how to recreate your case. There is no difference in my tests between Fx 51 and Fx 52-55 for that matter. Maybe some other settings are involved in this (like search suggestions). Test with Portable Firefox and a new browser profile.
telzey

Post by telzey »

Aris wrote:Any chance you can test this on a new profile with only CTR installed? I recommend Portable Firefox for that (-> see OP / first post).
Well, sorry for bothering you with this. The problem does not occur in a new profile with only CTR installed, plus it does occur (sort of) in the old profile in safe mode. (The "sort of" part is that the one URL in the search list is not autofilled in the location bar.) So I imagine that I either have some corruption somewhere or some difference in FF settings.

Thanks for your time!
msia2k

Post by msia2k »

It seems the lastest nightly build has broken the ability to change the favicon in the awesome bar. I mean, you're stuck with the small planet instead of the dotted-favicon (if you have chosen that). Another thing is the aero colors for highlighted results option doesnt work anymore.
Aris

Post by Aris »

The dotted icon is only in location bars identity box, if both options "Location bar > Page 3 > Favicon: current websites icon" and "Tabs > Page 1 > Show favicon > dotted icon" are active. This did not change in latest Nightly for me.

You are right about the other option. I will look into it.
msia2k

Post by msia2k »

Going to General UI -> Page 5 -> Replace generic favicon doesnt seem to work anymore with the lastest Nightly build. Whether i choose the dotted icons or the blank sheet icon, i have always the default planet icon displayed in the highlighted results of the location bar, not only that but also in the bookmarks (for websites that don't have any specific favicon). I'm running on win7x64.
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Aris

Post by Aris »

@msia2k
The non-changeable bookmark icon is a confirmed bug. You can see it in Virtual-ManPLs link (#1356435).
The icon in location bar works fine, if you use the correct options:
1. Tabs > Page 1 > Show favicon > chose an icon
2. Location bar > Page 3 > Favicon

The location bar gets its "empty" icon from the favicon option in tabs category not from the option in general ui category.
msia2k

Post by msia2k »

Aris wrote:@msia2k

The location bar gets its "empty" icon from the favicon option in tabs category not from the option in general ui category.
Really?
Because until now i have always used the option in general UI category to change favicons in the location bar and the bookmark menus. I have just tried on Firefox 52 and yeah, that's the way it's working (at least for me).
Aris

Post by Aris »

The options always were separated. The one for tab icons and the one for everything else always had an impact on difference things. The location bar gets its favicons from websites and the corresponding tab icons.
MarcosD2

Post by MarcosD2 »

Hello everyone.

I have a situation and believe that an image describes it better: http://i.imgur.com/PfDhNL8.png

Can you help me?

Thanks.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Update to the latest CTR beta.
MarcosD2

Post by MarcosD2 »

I'm using CTR 1.6.5 beta 6.
Firefox 52.0.2 32 Bits.
MarcosD2