[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI) v2

Post by Aris »

spaced wrote:...

I found it does not work when theme is applied (different than default one). Looks like CTR is not overriding theme colours on tabs. (eg the solar system theme)

There is no way CTR can override all the differen tab implementaions in themes, so this is for default one only.

kukla wrote:There are only these 3 "border-color" entries in your code. Can you say which one you are referring to? I think you must be referring to the first one (in my screenshot below) as only two show in your TinyPic link, and the second one doesn't seem to be what you are talking about, since it's already at .8. I have tried changing the border-color in the third also (is that the non-hovered one you are referring to?) to a higher value from .3, but that doesn't seem to have any effect.
It is probably not working because the border color of the hovered button is identical to the default one.

But if that's the case, then why did the new code you gave me, the one with .4, which replaced the original .2, in the first border-color entry, work? When I tried changing that value from .2 upwards before, and even now, from.4 to .7, all the outlining disappeared once again. I should also point out that even if I set that first border-color to a lower value than what you give in your code, the outlining disappears. And even if I make an edit, then decide to revert to the original value--the one that was working at first--with a new edit, all the outlining still disappears. The only way I can revert to a working CSS is to delete then completely reinstate the entire original code.)

Since I'm completely stumped here, perhaps you can give me just the section of code that needs changing up to .6 or .7, and I can just copy that in to where it belongs. For some mysterious reason, or just my lack of experience doing this, the changed values are working from your code, but not when I do the same from an edit. ](*,)

http://i59.tinypic.com/2s96448.png

On my previous screenshot the "first border" was set to "black" (=default view) and the second to blue (when you hover the image). -> Compare the values.
You are using the same color (black) with a different opacity. Once it is increased you hovered and default borders are almost identical, so you don't see any difference.

Please start a new thread about this on "Firefox builds" subforum as this is offtopic.

isidroco wrote:..

I meant the menuBar, and found the solution was already there (Tabs in titlebar). I understand english better than spanish for this kind of options, is there a way to Change language? (it defaults to Spanish in my spanish FF/windows), thanks.

Either use an English Firefox or switch to English locale in about:config, but this will affect all installed add-ons.
general.useragent.locale --> en-US

Oomingmak wrote:.
I stumbled across this article about CTR and saw this screenshot:

http://winaero.com/blog/wp-content/uplo ... /addon.png

I noticed that a couple of the options shown in the screenshot are not included in CTR (as far as I can tell). The missing options are the 'Add-on bar' and 'Additional toolbar' checkboxes (which I presume removed or displayed those particular items).

Is there any chance of adding these 2 options back, because I'd really like to be able to remove the 'add-on' bar and 'additional' bar altogether (inducing their menu entries) seeing as I never use them and they just clutter up my context menu when trying to toggle other toolbars (often resulting in me often accidentally selecting the wrong item).

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc48 ... enus-1.png

Thanks.

By the time this article was written CTR was in its very early stages. Now some of these option are included into general ui, so they can be accessed like before (e.g. Addon bar).
To hide the item from context menu use this code in Stylish, but it also may work in userChrome.css

Code: Select all

#toggle_ctraddon_extra-bar,
#toggle_ctraddon_addon-bar {
    display: none !important;
}

Infocatcher wrote:I'm use CTR 1.1.9 with Tree Style Tab 0.14.2014050102 (mixed style).
All works correctly for me only with extensions.classicthemerestorer.tabsontop = "unset" (and with "Curved tabs (Australis default)"), but following fix breaks this:

// Tree Style Tabs addon
   AddonManager.getAddonByID('treestyletab@piro.sakura.ne.jp', function(addon) {
      if(addon && addon.isActive) { classicthemerestorerjs.ctr.prefs.setCharPref('tabsontop','false'); }
   });

This is very strange, because TST fails for me, if tabs are on top and menubar is hidden, so I added this "temporal" fix.
TST always moves the hole navigator toolbox on top of the titlebar, hiding window controls and appbutton, if placed there.
Besides that CTRs tabs look more accurate with tabs not on top in TST.
teodorgant

Post by teodorgant »

Aris wrote:Try this:

/* AGENT_SHEET */
#main-window[fx31="true"] #navigator-toolbox #nav-bar #urlbar-container > #urlbar-wrapper,
#main-window[fx31="true"] #navigator-toolbox #nav-bar  #urlbar-container[forwarddisabled] > #urlbar-wrapper {
 -moz-padding-start: 0px !important; }

/* AGENT_SHEET */
 #main-window[tabsontop="false"] #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab:not([selected="true"]):not([pinned]) .tab-close-button:not(:hover) {
  -moz-image-region: rect(0px, 32px, 16px, 16px) !important;
   list-style-image: url("file:///path_to_image") !important; }

Thanks Aris your codes work perfectly.
Daniel_Orner

Post by Daniel_Orner »

The back/forward dropdown now looks perfect in icon + text mode. Thanks so much!
MT89

Post by MT89 »

Aris wrote:
MT89 wrote:
Do you mean in next beta (1.2.0beta2) or in next version (1.2.1)?

Both.

I just installed CTR 1.2.0beta3 and my issue with the checked bookmark button is fixed.

Once again thank you for the addon and thank you for fixing it and doing it so quickly, now my ocd can take a rest.
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Aris, thought I'd let you know that beta 3 is working again with the older Toolbar buttons version. Thanks for the fix.
StinDaWg

Post by StinDaWg »

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but classic square tabs v2 looks screwed up again when the minimum tab size is too small. I'm using min width of 32px which looks fine with v1 but not v2. I could have sworn v2 looked fine a few weeks ago. Did they break something again?

This is what I'm using

.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned])[fadein]{
  min-width: 32px !important;
}
.tabbrowser-tab .tab-close-button{
  margin-left:-10px !important;
  margin-right:0px !important;
}
nolanvode

Post by nolanvode »

On Fx 30b, anything beyond CTR 1.1.9beta22 is inhibiting the ability of Session Manager (versions 0.8.1.1 and 0.8.1.2pre20140331b) to "prompt for session to load", and instead takes the user to the home page/one tab session.

Except for that everything related looks ok, I believe. You still have the session archive, which works fine.

I tested this several times using the same backup profiles with various combinations of CTR and Session Manager, and session groups, always getting the same result.
DuhhUhh

Post by DuhhUhh »

Hi All,

Like most people, I upgraded to FF29 and am trying to wrangle the new UI to my liking. Got most of the way with CTR but still have issues.

I'm using Personas with a simple Black and Grey theme, but get a semi-transparent grey add-on bar and grey outline around the location bar, buttons, and search bar. No matter which Personas theme I choose, the "grayness" persists. Even if I removed all the buttons, location and search bars, I still get a grey stripe.

Here's a pic with toolbars and buttons
http://imgur.com/9f7jYUo

...and here's without
http://imgur.com/uVHtLtP

I would simply like to change the color to black on the OSX version of FF29. Any suggestions?

Thanks
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

Just wanted to say thanks again for this extension. (Actually, I just wanted to get this thread into my "View You Posts" section since the other thread has been locked and this is the new one.)
JethroB

Post by JethroB »

Aris wrote:
JethroB wrote:
You are right that there is an option to remove the border / move the border to the bookmarks toolbar but by utilising that option, yes, the border is removed from the top of the Navigation toolbar but by doing that, it only moves the problem border to another unwanted location. Image

The options work like intended. I'm not sure where you want to go with this. Are you requsting to remove all borders like with your Stylish code?

Yes, that's exactly what I am asking. I'm asking for a CTR option to remove the borders. I'm sorry if my choice of words were a little confusing in my previous requests. What I am basically trying to achieve is the Windows AeroGlass for the Navigation and Bookmarks toolbars with no borders top or bottom of either toolbar. This is what I had with FF28 without using any Stylish codes to achieve.

I am able to partially achieve this using the CTR options of "Bookmarks Toolbar: remove background color (Windows AeroGlass / Win8)" and "Navigation Toolbar: remove background color (Windows AeroGlass / Win8)" but these options do not remove the borders.

If I choose the CTR option of "Bookmarks Toolbar: add top border to toolbar (Windows AeroGlass / Win8)" it removes the problem border from the top of the Navigation bar (where I was trying to get rid of it from) but now I have a border at the top of the Bookmarks toolbar which i didn't want either.

The only way that I can be rid of both borders is by using the following Stylish code:

#nav-bar[tabsontop="false"]{
  border:none !important;
  box-shadow:none !important;
}

Cheers :)
Firefox: Latest Nightly (Australis)...|...Firefox Theme: Latest Default
Tab Mix Plus: Latest Dev.Build......|...Classic Theme Restorer: Latest Dev.Build
spaced

Post by spaced »

Aris wrote:
spaced wrote:...

I found it does not work when theme is applied (different than default one). Looks like CTR is not overriding theme colours on tabs. (eg the solar system theme)

There is no way CTR can override all the differen tab implementaions in themes, so this is for default one only.

Is there any chance I could use some sort of css styling to override theme settings? I usually work with >100 tabs open and fastest way to find active tab was with colour - now I'm lost:(
FineWine

Tabs not displaying colours properly

Post by FineWine »

Mac OS FF29 and Aurora 30.0a2 (2014-04-28)
Clean virgin profile except for:
CTR 1.2.0beta3
TMP 0.4.1.3.1pre.140414a1

After testing all 5 selections of Tab Type, I have come up with the following results:

The following occurs to both 'Tabs on top' settings and 'Tabs not on top' setting.
‘Tabs in titlebar (about:config) not checked [false]

Using TMP colourisations only and not CTR’s

1. Curved Tabs (Australis default) = OK

2. Squared Tabs (Classic) = OK till “New Window” then all ’Non Active” (not Current Tab) ‘on hover over’ have a grey oblong box area with left & right edge colouring on both the windows tabs.

3. Squared Tabs (Classic)(V2) = All Non Active tabs grey with Active Tab light grey. Bottom corners of tabs show chosen colour with last tab right border showing chosen colour.

4. Squared Tabs (Australised) = OK till ‘on hover over’ the following occurs:
⁃ - on first left Non Active tab shows a grey oblong box area with left & right edge colouring.
⁃ - on left Non Active tab next to Active, all grey except on left edge which is chosen colour.
⁃ ⁃ Active Tab OK
⁃ ⁃ on right Non Active tab next to Active, all grey except on right edge which is chosen colour.
⁃ - on last right Non Active tab shows a grey oblong box area with left & right edge colouring.

5. Curved Tabs (alternative) = OK, till ‘New Window” selection then the same happens as for point 4 ‘Squared Tabs (Australised)’

Using CTR’s colourisations and not TMP’s = all OK no problems.

With TMP & CTR colourisation's disabled = just FF default grey colourisation's displayed.

So is this a CTR or a TMP problem? Or is it a Mac OS FF problem?

EDIT: just upgraded to Aurora 31.0a2 (2014-05-05) prior to posting and we now have the situation where ALL 'Non Active' tabs are FF default grey with TMP colourisation's only and not CTR’s in ALL of the above 5 mentioned different settings. But there is now NO grey oblong box areas on hover and no left & right colourisations bleed through.

SO NOW is this a Firefox problem?

NOTE: I have not posted this in the TMP forum as I am sure they read this one.

Cheers
Kanade

Post by Kanade »

Aris wrote:Isn't there a different font rendering in Australis? Can someone confirm? Although when tabs are 250px they show the same amound of letter as pre-Australis did.

I'm not sure if other people have confirmed it or not, but it definitely shows less letters compared to previous versions when using the default minimum width (100px).

And yes, like you said, it only shows the same amount of letters when it's on 250px.
Infocatcher

Post by Infocatcher »

Aris wrote:This is very strange, because TST fails for me, if tabs are on top and menubar is hidden, so I added this "temporal" fix.
TST always moves the hole navigator toolbox on top of the titlebar, hiding window controls and appbutton, if placed there.
Besides that CTRs tabs look more accurate with tabs not on top in TST.
http://i60.tinypic.com/1zzgd3s.png

Hmm... I see. But with enabled title bar (browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar = false) TST looks better with "Curved tabs (Australis default)" + "Tabs on top (default) - [not set]".

Anyway, looks like browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar = true doesn't work with TST at all.
[Upd] https://github.com/piroor/treestyletab/issues/674
This game has no name. It will never be the same. ©
cyrix007

Post by cyrix007 »

Is it just me? In CTR 1.1.9, the Menu icon is now locked on the right-side. It can't be moved to the left-side with the customization function, as I had done before. Any ideas?