[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
MarkRH

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Fx 29-56)

Post by MarkRH »

Aris wrote: I will fix tab moving issue soon.

Try this for now:

Code: Select all

/* remove 'dragging tab' margin/padding nonsense */
#TabsToolbar[movingtab] {
  padding-bottom: unset !important;
}

#TabsToolbar[movingtab] > .tabbrowser-tabs {
  margin-bottom: unset !important;
}

#TabsToolbar[movingtab] + #nav-bar {
  margin-top: unset !important;
}
Put that at the bottom of my userChrome.css and that seems to have worked with the tab shifting. I actually import your userChrome.css into mine and then have my extra stuff after it. Haven't decided if it's easier/better that way or to add my stuff at the bottom of yours. Whatever works I guess. Thanks :)
hopalongrock

Post by hopalongrock »

Aris wrote:
I will fix tab moving issue soon.

Try this for now:

/* remove 'dragging tab' margin/padding nonsense */
#TabsToolbar[movingtab] {
}

#TabsToolbar[movingtab] > .tabbrowser-tabs {
  margin-bottom: unset !important;
}

#TabsToolbar[movingtab] + #nav-bar {
  margin-top: unset !important;
}
Hi Aris,

Thank you, works fine.
Acid Crash

Post by Acid Crash »

Hi Aris,
Thx for the new release.
Wanted to share some feedback regarding last build and some of its modules.

@import url(./css/locationbar/identitybox_colors.css);
If this module is enabled some graphical inconsistency becomes more noticeable
There is a separator on the right side of identity-box. It has some inconsistency during page states (valid/uncensured/search etc). Sometimes it is missing or takes only part of Addresbar height
Here is a pic
Maybe you could polish it a bit? Adding that border to the right sounds the best choice.
Practiced that and managed to fix it on valid page (top one on screenshot) by changing border-image-slice from 1 to 4 (not sure if this is the best solution) in

#urlbar[pageproxystate="valid"] > #identity-box.verifiedIdentity, #urlbar[pageproxystate="valid"] > #identity-box.chromeUI, #urlbar[pageproxystate="valid"] > #identity-box.extensionPage, #urlbar-display-box

@import url(./css/buttons/forward_button_hide_when_disabled.css);
Is it possible to compensate Addresbar width change when "forward" button is toggled/becomes visible?
Also an animation of button appearance could be a nice addition...

@import url(./css/buttons/appbutton_on_navbar_orange.css);
In compact mode appbutton is 2px higher compared to the rest buttons. Guess this is happening because of extra border on icon. Could this be fixed?

@import url(./css/locationbar/ac_popup_url_and_title_50percent_width.css);
Tried to experiment with the percentage. After updating piece of original code

#PopupAutoCompleteRichResult .autocomplete-richlistitem .ac-title-text {
  min-width: calc((100vw - 100px) * 0.4) !important;
  width: calc((100vw - 100px) * 0.4) !important;
}
#PopupAutoCompleteRichResult .autocomplete-richlistitem .ac-url-text {
  min-width: calc((100vw - 100px) * 0.6) !important;
  width: calc((100vw - 100px) * 0.6) !important;
}
I got this result.
Could you please share some info what else need to be added if 50-50 percentage is changed to 60-40?
Aris

Post by Aris »

Acid Crash wrote:...
1. If this module is enabled some graphical inconsistency becomes more noticeable
There is a separator on the right side of identity-box. It has some inconsistency during page states (valid/uncensured/search etc). Sometimes it is missing or takes only part of Addresbar height
Maybe you could polish it a bit? Adding that border to the right sounds the best choice.
Practiced that and managed to fix it on valid page (top one on screenshot) by changing border-image-slice from 1 to 4 (not sure if this is the best solution) in...

2. Is it possible to compensate Addresbar width change when "forward" button is toggled/becomes visible?
Also an animation of button appearance could be a nice addition...

3. In compact mode appbutton is 2px higher compared to the rest buttons. Guess this is happening because of extra border on icon. Could this be fixed?

4. Tried to experiment with the percentage. After updating piece of original code
Could you please share some info what else need to be added if 50-50 percentage is changed to 60-40?
1. I will add a more consistent separator there.

2. No idea how. The default situation in older Firefox versions also only enlarged location bars width after hiding forward button. Maybe a smoother duration animation could makes things nicer for the eyes.

3. I can remove the actual border and simulate it within box shadow. That way the button will be more consistent size-wise.

4. Url text and title text positions for "action type" menuitems are contrarious in this case (where url and title have already switches positions). That for the code has to be used differently for them, if you want to give text and url widths different values:

#PopupAutoCompleteRichResult .autocomplete-richlistitem:-moz-any([type*="heuristic"],[actiontype="searchengine"],[actiontype="visiturl"],[actiontype="keyword"],[actiontype="searchengine"]) .ac-url-text,
#PopupAutoCompleteRichResult .autocomplete-richlistitem .ac-title-text {
  min-width: calc((100vw - 100px)*0.4) !important;
  width: calc((100vw - 100px)*0.4) !important;
}

#PopupAutoCompleteRichResult .autocomplete-richlistitem:-moz-any([type*="heuristic"],[actiontype="searchengine"],[actiontype="visiturl"],[actiontype="keyword"],[actiontype="searchengine"]) .ac-title-text,
#PopupAutoCompleteRichResult .autocomplete-richlistitem .ac-url-text {
  min-width: calc((100vw - 100px)*0.6) !important;
  width: calc((100vw - 100px)*0.6) !important;
}
Aris

Post by Aris »

I've posted new CSS files for 57+ on Github.

Main features

- styled about:addons page
- version number in addons manager
- styled about:preferences page
- "classic" two-lined location bar popup attached to location bar
schnee1337

Post by schnee1337 »

Hello,

I have just switched from the normal release of Firefox to 52.4.1 ESR in order to keep using CTR and a couple of other very important add-ons (from my point of view, FF is dead with 57 and above).

Everything worked fine, however the tab titles seem to behave a little bit differently.

Long tab titles, which exceed the available space, get three little dots at the end instead of simply being cut off.
Its also explained in this article here:
https://www.ghacks.net/2016/12/12/firef ... provement/

Does anyone know how to fix (ie. remove the dots and just have the tab title text cut off)?

Thank you.
Aris

Post by Aris »

@MarkRH
I receive notifications about new issue reports for 'CustomCSSforFx' from Github. I think we do not need to refer to them here unless the code taken from CTR also causes problems in CTR.

@schnee1337
The "..." behavior was the default behavior for ages until Firefox 53 was released. CTR only tweaks Fx53+ behavior.

You can test white-space, overflow,text-overflow CSS rules for ".tab-text", ".tab-label". Maybe this helps (I haven't tested it).
juozas

Post by juozas »

Firefox 56 introduced a small quirk that exists when CTR Square Tabs are on. On top left corner of HTML5 full screen on YouTube there're some unwanted pixels (window controls - min/max/close), toggling movable window controls for full screen mode option doesn't change that. Curved tabs appears to work ok. Screenshot:
All other addons disabled, running CTR 1.7.2beta1.
CTR Prefs: https://pastebin.com/1tjvad0u
Сделано в СССР
Aris

Post by Aris »

Imported your settings, visited YT, played video in full screen, but not such pixels occurred. Any chance you can test is on a new profile?
juozas

Post by juozas »

Aris wrote:Imported your settings, visited YT, played video in full screen, but not such pixels occurred. Any chance you can test is on a new profile?
You also have to move the firefox button to beginning of tabs toolbar, by using customize menu. If tabs firefox button is in default place, the bug doesn't happen, found while testing a new profile. No other settings, etc. changed.
Сделано в СССР
Aris

Post by Aris »

@juozas
Try latest CTR beta.
r21514

Post by r21514 »

Hey Aris! On Firefox 56 when default URL for private window is changed (for example about:privatebrowsing -> about:newtab) URL bar in new private window (and all new tabs in tis window) looses focus.
Aris

Post by Aris »

It is exactly the same, if you type an url and load a page. That feature is just a forwarder.
r21514

Post by r21514 »

I get it, but isn't there a simple way to hook this somehow like onSomething=function(){urlbar.focus();} ?