[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by Aris »

Is this about "open options page in a window v2"?

This option opens a options/preference page in a new browser window, but hides all toolbars. It is not the "old" xul-based preference window.
If opening it takes long, opening new windows in general takes long on your system. No slow downs here. Sorry, but there is nothing I can do about it. But even, if it would be possible to speedup something, CTR is already on version 1.7.x which is not compatible to Firefox 44.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

-Sorry, but there is nothing I can do about it. But even, if it would be possible to speedup something, CTR is already on version 1.7.x which is not compatible to Firefox 44.
->contradictory..

& the options window opens in a "blink" before firefox decided to put in in a tab.. it's not supposed to take a while like a java app..
Aris

Post by Aris »

What exactly is contradictory?

Fact 1
I can not speedup 'opening of preferences in a window'. Test a new profile with only CTR installed and see, if that speeds up something.

Fact 2
Even, if I could speedup 'opening of preferences in a window', you would not benefit from that hypothetical fix, because you are still on Firefox 44 and current CTR builds only support Firefox 45-56. A hypothetical fix would be in CTR 1.7.x , right?

Technically there is no preference window anymore. It just is a default browser window with all toolbars hidden and 'about:preferences' page already opened/loaded.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

fact 2: unless the fix would be css based, then i could extract & use it. anyways, there's something wrong or the procedure is very different in the process of opening options window
using ctr or firefox v38 & below..

even if you created an independent preferences window, you can't rebuild it because new options are added during firefox updates,
so i gess i'll have to put up with your conversion procedure.
rocco.xyz

Post by rocco.xyz »

Aris, How you doing? :)
Is there a way to "automatically adjust popup width" without checking the box "old search"? Maybe with a custom CSS code?
Obviously the reason is because this option it is incompatible with another extension that I use (Organize Search Engines) that also uses the old search.
However, with the other extension the popup width is not automatically aligned and that looks bad.

CTR old search, popup width aligned

OSE old search, popup width not aligned
Aris

Post by Aris »

@rocco.xyz
Unfortunately this feature is not just CSS. The checks for searchbars width happens in JavaScript and gets added to the popup afterwards. Without JavaScript, you can not find searchbars width.

Firefox 56 is just a few days away from its official release and CTRs "old search" does not work in Fx56 anymore. So, if you really want to keep using "Old Search", you have to move to Firefox ESR.
That Random Guy

Post by That Random Guy »

@Aris

I hope I'm not bothering you with this question, but I tried asking around and I haven't really gotten any positive feedback.

Basically, I'm trying to get this to look like this.

All I really need at the moment is to remove the random 1px border that's appearing between the main/navigation toolbar and the tabs bar.

I've tried inspecting the browser's CSS myself but I can't seem to pinpoint where this is originating from.

For more clarity, I have the following in my chrome.css file:

Code: Select all

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

#nav-bar{
    border-top-width: 0px !important;
	border-bottom-width: 0px !important;
}
.tabbrowser-tab[usercontextid] .tab-line{
    background-color:var(--identity-tab-color)!important;
}

.tabbrowser-tab .tab-line{
    margin-top: 30px !important;
}

#toolbar-menubar {
	border-bottom: 0px;
}

#TabsToolbar {
    -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2;
	border-top: 0px;
}
I pulled that from a subreddit post I came across about a month or so ago.

EDIT:
To clarify even more, I'm not referring to the blue border on the active tab. There's a border separating the navigation toolbar and the tabs bar/toolbar.

EDIT #2:
I'm trying to get the border removed on Nightly assuming that if I get to work there, it will work on 57 release when it comes around.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Here is your modified code, tested on Nightly 58:

#nav-bar{
   border-top-width: 0px !important;
   border-bottom-width: 0px !important;
   padding-top: 0;
   border: unset !important;
   border-radius: 0 !important;
   margin-top: -1px !important;   
}
.tabbrowser-tab[usercontextid] .tab-line{
    background-color:var(--identity-tab-color)!important;
}

.tabbrowser-tab .tab-line{
    margin-top: 30px !important;
}

#toolbar-menubar {
   border-bottom: 0px;
   background: var(--toolbar-bgcolor);
}

#TabsToolbar {
    -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2;
   border-top: 0px;
   padding-top: 0;
   margin-top: 0px !important;
   background: var(--toolbar-bgcolor);
}

toolbar .toolbarbutton-1 {
  fill: black !important;
}
I will post code before Firefox 57 release on Github. You can see previews here: https://github.com/Aris-t2/ClassicTheme ... issues/365
No point in creating/modifying default them now. It still changes on daily bases.
That Random Guy

Post by That Random Guy »

@Aris

Thank-you!

I sincerely appreciate it.

I've bookmarked your referenced github page and I'll be sure to chime in.

I had to modify some things to revert it to an almost default appearance, but your code has given me very solid insight into what can be done to achieve symmetry later on.

Again, many thanks.

- T.R.G.
Acid Crash

Post by Acid Crash »

Hi Aris,
Happy to see that you are investigating those CSS/userChrome customization possibilities for FF57+
Thx so much for not letting us down in those changing times!

BTW. Ages ago you helped me styling Fancy App button to use on NavBar.

Maybe you consider making something similar to swap that plain hamburger icon in FF57.
Here is what I'm currently using on FF55.03

#nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton {
-moz-appearance: none !important;
background: unset !important;
border-radius: 2.5px;
border: unset !important;
border-color: unset !important;
box-shadow: unset !important;
transition-property: unset !important;
transition-duration: unset !important;
}
#nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton .toolbarbutton-icon {
border-radius: 3px !important;
margin:-5px 0px !important;
padding:4px 9px !important;
}
#nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton .toolbarbutton-icon {
background: linear-gradient(rgb(247,182,82), rgb(215,98,10) 95%) !important;
border-color: rgba(0,0,0,.12) rgba(0,0,0,.19) rgba(0,0,0,.38) !important;
box-shadow: 0 0 0 1px rgba(255,255,255,.3) inset,
0 0 0 2px rgba(255,255,255,.1) inset !important;
}
#nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton:hover:not(:active):not([open]) .toolbarbutton-icon{
background-image: radial-gradient(farthest-side at center bottom, rgba(252,240,89,.5) 10%, rgba(252,240,89,0) 70%),
radial-gradient(farthest-side at center bottom, rgb(236,133,0), rgba(255,229,172,0)),
linear-gradient(rgb(246,170,69), rgb(209,74,0) 95%) !important;
0 0 0 1.5px rgba(255,255,255,.1) inset,
0 0 3.5px hsl(190,90%,80%) !important;
}
#nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton:hover:active .toolbarbutton-icon, #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton[open] .toolbarbutton-icon {
background-image: linear-gradient(rgb(246,170,69), rgb(209,74,0) 95%) !important;
border-color: hsla(210,54%,20%,.3) hsla(210,54%,20%,.35) hsla(210,54%,20%,.4) !important;
box-shadow: 0 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0,.1) inset,
0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,.3) inset,
0 1px 0 hsla(210,54%,20%,0),
0 0 2px hsla(210,54%,20%,0) !important;
}
#main-window[privatebrowsingmode=temporary] #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton .toolbarbutton-icon{
background-image: linear-gradient(rgb(153,38,211), rgb(105,19,163) 95%) !important;
}
#main-window[privatebrowsingmode=temporary] #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton:hover:not(:active):not([open]) .toolbarbutton-icon{
background-image: radial-gradient(farthest-side at center bottom, rgba(240,193,255,.5) 10%, rgba(240,193,255,0) 70%),
radial-gradient(farthest-side at center bottom, rgb(192,81,247), rgba(236,172,255,0)),
linear-gradient(rgb(144,20,207), rgb(95,0,158) 95%) !important;
0 0 0 1.5px rgba(255,255,255,.1) inset,
0 0 3.5px hsl(190,90%,80%) !important;
}
#main-window[privatebrowsingmode=temporary] #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton:hover:active .toolbarbutton-icon, #main-window[privatebrowsingmode=temporary] #nav-bar #ctraddon_appbutton[open] .toolbarbutton-icon {
background-image: linear-gradient(rgb(144,20,207), rgb(95,0,158) 95%) !important;
border-color: hsla(210,54%,20%,.3) hsla(210,54%,20%,.35) hsla(210,54%,20%,.4) !important;
box-shadow: 0 1px 1px rgba(0,0,0,.1) inset,
0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,.3) inset,
0 1px 0 hsla(210,54%,20%,0),
0 0 2px hsla(210,54%,20%,0) !important;
}
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Hi Aris, in full screen with the nightly I am able to autohide the menu bar and your extra-bar that is still functional using this code:

#main-window[sizemode="fullscreen"] #ctraddon_extra-bar {
visibility: visible!important; }

#main-window[sizemode="fullscreen"] #ctraddon_extra-bar:not {
visibility: collapse!important; }

min-height:33px!important;
}

What I'm running into is when I attempt to put the tabbar back on the bottom with this:

#TabsToolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group:1000 !important;
}

none of the toolbars will autohide anymore. Do you know a way to put the tabbar below the extra-bar and still autohide the toolbars with css the way your addon did? I went through CTR and couldn't find it but did get the code for autohiding the addon bar since the above code wouldn't work right with that.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Acid Crash wrote:Hi Aris,
Happy to see that you are investigating those CSS/userChrome customization possibilities for FF57+
Thx so much for not letting us down in those changing times!

BTW. Ages ago you helped me styling Fancy App button to use on NavBar.
https://i.paste.pics/2216a7fd1adf9f30c3 ... f6ba0b.png

Maybe you consider making something similar to swap that plain hamburger icon in FF57.
Here is what I'm currently using on FF55.03
Hi AC,
Something like that is possible. I will look into it.
marty60 wrote:Hi Aris, in full screen with the nightly I am able to autohide the menu bar and your extra-bar that is still functional using this code:

#main-window[sizemode="fullscreen"] #ctraddon_extra-bar {
visibility: visible!important; }

visibility: collapse!important; }

min-height:33px!important;
}

What I'm running into is when I attempt to put the tabbar back on the bottom with this:

#TabsToolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group:1000 !important;
}

none of the toolbars will autohide anymore. Do you know a way to put the tabbar below the extra-bar and still autohide the toolbars with css the way your addon did? I went through CTR and couldn't find it but did get the code for autohiding the addon bar since the above code wouldn't work right with that.
Hi Marty,
you can ignore CTRs toolbars on Nightly 57, 58+ and on beta/DevEdition 57+. There is no support on those Firefox versions anymore and you can disable CTR.

As far as I know these kind of CSS rules do nothing: "#ctraddon_extra-bar:not". You have to specify an attribute, id or class a ":not" has to handle. Otherwise the rule gets ignored by the browser.

It is far more complicated to properly restore tabs below navigation/bookmarks toolbar than just moving it via "-moz-box-ordinal-group". Much fine tuning has to be done for a lot of cases. In my tests "autohiding" top toolbars in fullscreen mode takes three attempts until it works, even without any css tweaks or add-ons on current Firefox 58 Nightly. But once it works, it also works with my "tabs not on top" code (taken from CTR) incl. forced menubar visibility in fullscreen mode.

I will upload userChrome.css tweaks to CTRs Github before Firefox 57 hits release channel.
marty60

Post by marty60 »

As long as the extra and addon bars hold out in the nightly I'll keep CTR enabled though once legacy addons are finished for good I'll probably be moving on from firefox anyway.

Unfortunately I'm unable get autohiding with tabs on the bottom but in its default position everything works, including the extra-bar. I did steal some code from CTR to get the addon-bar autohiding as well so it does appear the browser is recognizing them since without that basic code the bars won't autohide.
Acid Crash

Post by Acid Crash »

Hi, Aris
Run into a bug on FF56 with CTR1.7.1b5
In Appbutton WebDeveloper item had become as single item (it was a Submenu in FF55)
Because of this its functionality become pretty limited.
Could you please take a look at it
Aris

Post by Aris »

@marty60
Depending on your current ui and toolbar appearance the margin/padding above tabs toolbar may affect autohide feature. You may want to try different top padding/margin values for "#TabsToolbar". You have to experiment to find the correct value unfortunately.

For me stuff like this worked:

#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="normal"]:not([inFullscreen]) #TabsToolbar {
  margin-top: 0px !important;
}
#toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] {
  margin-top: 21px !important;
}
@Acid Crash
It is not a bug, I had to remove that feature, because it stopped working in Fx 56.
Basically CTR only "borrowed" that popup from menubars developer menu and gave it back after appbutton menu closed. This is not working anymore, if the developer menu was not opened from menubar first. You can see this, if you try older CTR builds.

Anyway, I suggest to forget Firefox 56 and either go the Firefox 57 beta way without CTR or the Firefox 52ESR / Waterfox 55.1 way, were all those things not working in Firefox 56 are working fine.