[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by Aris »

avada wrote:
Aris wrote:I know. I was only able to restore the scrollbar itself. Use the mouse cursor to scroll.
Okay then. I thought it eluded your notice.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14764346
...1. Unfortunately this is a Firefox bug. Disable CTR, set a huge amount of results (through about:config) and this issue will also occur. No idea how and why they hide scrollbars there and disable scrolling behind the visible area.
This code can force scrollbar visibility, so you can scroll the popup using mouse cursor, but popup will still not autoscroll using keyboard navigation keys....
avada

Post by avada »

@Aris. You also have a better memory than I do.
(Although the comment was for that CSS snippet, and was before the beta with the fix came out, so I couldn't know that CTR is supposed to have the issue. I have excuses. :) )

PS:
[unrelated] I never new tabs on top had such a bad effect on performance. Since I set it to default the animations are smoother and don't get start on trying to drop. (the gap between the two tabs at the target location often wouldn't open unless I moved the tab back and forth)
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

Hi Aris,

I use the australis v2 squared shape
but i don't like the border of the "add new tab button"

& i don't like the longer tabs in the alternative tab theme either..

I found a css:

.tabs-newtab-button:hover:-moz-lwtheme { border: none !important; }

But when my mouse moves away from
the button, the border steal reappears,
how can i prevent this ?
Aris

Post by Aris »

avada wrote:@Aris. You also have a better memory than I do.
(Although the comment was for that CSS snippet, and was before the beta with the fix came out, so I couldn't know that CTR is supposed to have the issue. I have excuses. :) )

PS:
[unrelated] I never new tabs on top had such a bad effect on performance. Since I set it to default the animations are smoother and don't get start on trying to drop. (the gap between the two tabs at the target location often wouldn't open unless I moved the tab back and forth)
I can't say I saw any impact on performance using different tab positions or appearances, but I won't claim it is impossible due to various tab add-on combinations. I always suggest to run tests in a clean environment like a new profile without any other add-ons or anything imported from older profiles to be sure the specific add-ons causes the problem.
delicacy1 wrote:Hi Aris,

I use the australis v2 squared shape
but i don't like the border of the "add new tab button"

& i don't like the longer tabs in the alternative tab theme either..

I found a css:

.tabs-newtab-button:hover:-moz-lwtheme { border: none !important; }

But when my mouse moves away from
the button, the border steal reappears,
how can i prevent this ?
The code only removes the border for "hovered" state and only, if you are using a lightweight theme.

Try this:

Code: Select all

#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar .tabs-newtab-button {
  border: none !important;
}
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

Thanks,

& a last thing:

i picked the second tab separator, a thin transparent or white with grey borders,
but on some windows, it strangely appears right after the last tab of a tab' set,

can this be fixed on a css ?
ThePhenomenon

Post by ThePhenomenon »

Let me give this unworthy detail another go... But never mind this, really, Aris has got better things to do and most people aren't on this level of thinking at all...

Firefox 52 ESR. Classic Theme Restorer Options > General UI > Page 1 > General UI > Movable back-forward buttons > Hide buttons history popup menu on mouse press: checked. With this option checked, when you hold the back and forward buttons, the context popup menu no longer shows up, it will only show up from right-clicking, which is the standard method to open it. Still, the back and forward buttons have their tooltip (which appears after hovering them for a bit). It's a standard descriptive tooltip that says "Go back/forward one page." But it has a second nonstandard line that reads "Right click or pull down to show history." The CTR option just mentioned disabled the pulling down part. But the tooltip continues to indicate its existence. The fix is simple.

#back-button-tooltip label[class="tooltip-label"][value="Right-click or pull down to show history"],
#forward-button-tooltip label[class="tooltip-label"][value="Right-click or pull down to show history"]
{display:none}
There we have. It's gone. (The whole second line, perhaps like Firefox once was; the standard part of the tooltip remains).

Now, explaining the standards, it's something appropriate only for BugZilla, but of course here it is anyway. It's because of consistency. If nowhere does holding right click open the context menus, neither should that happen in these particular buttons. Imagine holding a link to open its context menu. If it's not implemented everywhere, it can't be in this particular place only. As for the tooltips having a second line describing what happens on right-click, it's again really not implemented as a standard at all, so it shouldn't show up here just for these two buttons. For example, right clicking other toolbar buttons results in a menu with options like "Remove from Toolbar" and "Customize...". Yet, their tooltip doesn't have a second line saying "Right click to remove from toolbar or customize." Neither do link tooltips advise of the right click options either. It's just not a thing. Hence why it shouldn't happen in these two buttons alone. (And also, hence the logic for using something like Classic Theme Restorer, although in this case doesn't remove the extra line.)
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

That doesn't change the fact noun buttons addon doesn't work, ctr doesn't have a workaround & histories remain mixed in both buttons..
Aris

Post by Aris »

delicacy1 wrote:Thanks,

& a last thing:

i picked the second tab separator, a thin transparent or white with grey borders,
but on some windows, it strangely appears right after the last tab of a tab' set,

can this be fixed on a css ?

I don't know your whole configuration, please post a screenshot.

Note: Either post here or on Github, you don't have to post on both. :wink:
ThePhenomenon wrote:Let me give this unworthy detail another go... But never mind this, really, Aris has got better things to do and most people aren't on this level of thinking at all...

Firefox 52 ESR. Classic Theme Restorer Options > General UI > Page 1 > General UI > Movable back-forward buttons > Hide buttons history popup menu on mouse press: checked. With this option checked, when you hold the back and forward buttons, the context popup menu no longer shows up, it will only show up from right-clicking, which is the standard method to open it. Still, the back and forward buttons have their tooltip (which appears after hovering them for a bit). It's a standard descriptive tooltip that says "Go back/forward one page." But it has a second nonstandard line that reads "Right click or pull down to show history." The CTR option just mentioned disabled the pulling down part. But the tooltip continues to indicate its existence. The fix is simple.

#back-button-tooltip label[class="tooltip-label"][value="Right-click or pull down to show history"],
#forward-button-tooltip label[class="tooltip-label"][value="Right-click or pull down to show history"]
{display:none}
There we have. It's gone. (The whole second line, perhaps like Firefox once was; the standard part of the tooltip remains).

Now, explaining the standards, it's something appropriate only for BugZilla, but of course here it is anyway. It's because of consistency. If nowhere does holding right click open the context menus, neither should that happen in these particular buttons. Imagine holding a link to open its context menu. If it's not implemented everywhere, it can't be in this particular place only. As for the tooltips having a second line describing what happens on right-click, it's again really not implemented as a standard at all, so it shouldn't show up here just for these two buttons. For example, right clicking other toolbar buttons results in a menu with options like "Remove from Toolbar" and "Customize...". Yet, their tooltip doesn't have a second line saying "Right click to remove from toolbar or customize." Neither do link tooltips advise of the right click options either. It's just not a thing. Hence why it shouldn't happen in these two buttons alone. (And also, hence the logic for using something like Classic Theme Restorer, although in this case doesn't remove the extra line.)
OK, I look into it.
delicacy1 wrote:That doesn't change the fact noun buttons addon doesn't work, ctr doesn't have a workaround & histories remain mixed in both buttons..
I probably already said this, but CTR will not restore "broken add-ons". NoUn Buttons add-on was not updated since March 1, 2012.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

& for the unified history in both buttons, noone's preventing you to add a fix in ctr..
Aris

Post by Aris »

delicacy1 wrote:https://i.imgur.com/uLA1bd2.jpg

& for the unified history in both buttons, noone's preventing you to add a fix in ctr..
Its browsers default behavior to show a separator after the last tab even, if you move the new tab button somewhere else.

Try this code in CTRs custom css area:

.tabbrowser-tab[last-visible-tab]::after,
#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs:not([overflow]) > .tabbrowser-tab[last-visible-tab]:not([selected]):not([beforehovered]):not(:hover)::after {
  opacity: 0 !important;
}
Regarding the other issue. Its not about being prevented from adding "another add-ons" feature, it more like not wanting to "fix outdated and broken add-ons". However I make no promises, but I might look into it later, since I'm curious now about how or if it still works. Keep in mind, that all back/forward button related features would be for CTRs movable back/forward buttons only.

Edit
Next CTR beta will have an experimental option for this, that can only be set in about:config, not on CTRs prefwindow: extensions.classicthemerestorer.hide_bf_pitem > true
Last edited by Aris on September 17th, 2017, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

Thanks a bunch Aris ))
T.BugReporter

Post by T.BugReporter »

Aris wrote:"CTR prefs > Location Bar > Autocomplete popup > Show Search engines" is a switch for "about:config > browser.urlbar.oneOffSearches".
Okay, the config tweak works, but I see no such option in my CTR.
(Dammit, see <https://imgur.com/dMdGJsH> for the image I wanted to insert here. Why can't I do this?)
Aris wrote:The screenshot you have pointed to is from Firefox 57, so you will have to use the about:config switch manually there.
I was just borrowing one of your images; I didn't pay attention to which version it was from.
Aris

Post by Aris »

T.BugReporter wrote:
Aris wrote:"CTR prefs > Location Bar > Autocomplete popup > Show Search engines" is a switch for "about:config > browser.urlbar.oneOffSearches".
Okay, the config tweak works, but I see no such option in my CTR.
(Dammit, see <https://imgur.com/dMdGJsH> for the image I wanted to insert here. Why can't I do this?)
Aris wrote:The screenshot you have pointed to is from Firefox 57, so you will have to use the about:config switch manually there.
I was just borrowing one of your images; I didn't pay attention to which version it was from.
It is literally in the center of your screenshots CTR prefwindow.

To inset screenshots, you have to use BBCode like this:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/lngqILi.png[/img]
Make sure you screenshots width does not extend 700px or it will break this forum layout.
delicacy1

Post by delicacy1 »

#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs:not([overflow]) > .tabbrowser-tab[last-visible-tab]:not([selected]):not([beforehovered]):not(:hover)::after {
}
Minor issue, if the last tab is selected, the last tab's separator doesn't appear,
but if i go have a look at one of the previous tabs without closing last tab,
that separator reappears after the last tab.

& i'd like the last tab to never show a separator after it, either the tab's selected or not.
Aris

Post by Aris »

delicacy1 wrote:

}
Minor issue, if the last tab is selected, the last tab's separator doesn't appear,
but if i go have a look at one of the previous tabs without closing last tab,
that separator reappears after the last tab.

& i'd like the last tab to never show a separator after it, either the tab's selected or not.

#main-window #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar #tabbrowser-tabs:not([overflow]) > .tabbrowser-tab[last-visible-tab][selected]:not([beforehovered]):not(:hover)::after,
}