[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
blackwind

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI) v2

Post by blackwind »

Aris wrote:I can't confirm that. Padlocks are still there. Can you run some tests on a new profile with only CTR 1.2.1 and TU 1.5.28.1 installed?

Successfully reproduced with a brand new profile, all default settings (except for adding the Protect Tab menu item in TU Options > Appearance > Menus). CTR 1.2.1, TU 1.5.28.1, Fx31b2, Windows 7 x64.
/bw (Author of Reload Plus)
Aris

Post by Aris »

New profile, same setup (CTR 1.2.1, TU 1.5.28.1, Fx31b2, Windows 7 x64), but no glitch: http://i57.tinypic.com/ff8ej7.png
Even tested for pinned tabs and with/without hardware acceleration.

Edit:
Found it, you are using the classic Windows theme, right?
Sorry, but this happens without CTR too.
blackwind

Post by blackwind »

Confirmed working in Aero, and confirmed broken in my theme with just TU installed. Interesting.

Is this a TU problem, then, or a Firefox one? There's nothing you can do about it on CTR's end?
Aris

Post by Aris »

I can offer you css code to solve this problem until it gets fixed in TU.

Add this to a Stylish style (userChrome won't work):

Code: Select all

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab[locked] .tab-throbber:not([busy]),
#tabbrowser-tabs .tabbrowser-tab[protected] .tab-close-button {
  list-style-image: url(chrome://browser/skin/identity-icons-https-ev.png) !important;
  -moz-image-region: rect(0, 16px, 16px, 0) !important;
}

The main problem seems to be this part of css in tabutils.css

.tabbrowser-tab[locked] .tab-throbber:not([busy]),
.tabbrowser-tab[protected] .tab-close-button {
  list-style-image: url(chrome://browser/skin/Secure.png);
  -moz-image-region: rect(1px, 15px, 15px, 1px);
}

It points to a non-available Secure.png file. I don't know why it even works on Aero, because according to the path it should not. File a bug on TUs support area and probably suggest to include the padlock icon into TU package to avoid issues like that. I've pointed to an available padlock, but its green. Remove "-ev" from png file name for the gray one.
blackwind

Post by blackwind »

Perfect. Thanks again!
pegasusjavea

Post by pegasusjavea »

Aris wrote:
pegasusjavea wrote:...
Is it also possible to get the space above the tabs back?
http://i58.tinypic.com/kpba1.jpg

Try this code with different values:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #TabsToolbar {
  padding-top:4px !important;
}

Much better now. Thank you very much.
blackwind

Post by blackwind »

The current tabbed configuration dialog is becoming far too unwieldy. It might be a good time to switch to something like this:

Acid Crash

Post by Acid Crash »

2 Aris.
Hi.
Got some minor suggestions concerning Enabling "Green/Blue identify-box".
It looks a bit nicer with bordered right side of the box.
Maybe you consider altering your style a bit :D
Paul Allen

Post by Paul Allen »

Hi Aris

I am hoping you can shed some light on an intermittent problem I am having with the navigation toolbar attribute. I have it set to #nav-bar(iconsize='large') and I am using two icons from the Toolbar Buttons extension. Most of the time it works fine, showing the larger buttons.

Every so often it reverts to the smaller buttons and I can see, in Dom Inspector, that an "iconsize='small'" rule is being tripped in a Toolbar Buttons css file. If I open another window, the icons in that window are large and the rule is not being tripped. So I have two windows, in the same Firefox process, with different sized icons. Very strange.
PimpUigi

Post by PimpUigi »

PimpUigi wrote:There is this code in the tabs on top off.css, removing !important fixed my issue.

#main-window[chromehidden~="menubar"][sizemode="maximized"] #toolbar-menubar ~ #TabsToolbar,
   #main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive] ~ #TabsToolbar,
   #main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]) #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"]:not([customizing="true"]) ~ #TabsToolbar {
     -moz-margin-start: 0px;
   }

So if you make CTR use this code instead, it will still work as long as there's not another stylish setting overwriting it.

Okay, so I did some more studying into this, and on Windows 7 TabsOnTopOffExtra.css in the Aero folder has the same line that needs !important removed from it (in two different parts too).
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1641786 - Try Firefox PimpUigi Edition
Aris

Post by Aris »

blackwind wrote:The current tabbed configuration dialog is becoming far too unwieldy. It might be a good time to switch to something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/7v1pSd2.png

You are probably right.

Acid Crash wrote:2 Aris.
Hi.
Got some minor suggestions concerning Enabling "Green/Blue identify-box".
It looks a bit nicer with bordered right side of the box.
Maybe you consider altering your style a bit :D
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee16 ... entity.png

Are you sure adding a border won't break any other identity-box/urlbar related add-ons?
I will look into it.

Paul Allen wrote:Hi Aris

I am hoping you can shed some light on an intermittent problem I am having with the navigation toolbar attribute. I have it set to #nav-bar(iconsize='large') and I am using two icons from the Toolbar Buttons extension. Most of the time it works fine, showing the larger buttons.

Every so often it reverts to the smaller buttons and I can see, in Dom Inspector, that an "iconsize='small'" rule is being tripped in a Toolbar Buttons css file. If I open another window, the icons in that window are large and the rule is not being tripped. So I have two windows, in the same Firefox process, with different sized icons. Very strange.

Firefox resets iconsize to small on every restart, but CTR sets it back afterwards. Sometimes it seems Firefox delays this call (maybe due to longer startup time) and wins this race. Are there many add-ons/plugins installed and does Firefox startup takes some time?

PimpUigi wrote:
PimpUigi wrote:There is this code in the tabs on top off.css, removing !important fixed my issue.

#main-window[chromehidden~="menubar"][sizemode="maximized"] #toolbar-menubar ~ #TabsToolbar,
   #main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive] ~ #TabsToolbar,
   #main-window:not([tabsintitlebar]) #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"]:not([customizing="true"]) ~ #TabsToolbar {
     -moz-margin-start: 0px;
   }

So if you make CTR use this code instead, it will still work as long as there's not another stylish setting overwriting it.

Okay, so I did some more studying into this, and on Windows 7 TabsOnTopOffExtra.css in the Aero folder has the same line that needs !important removed from it (in two different parts too).

I think we had this one a while ago, where many users reported issues with the tabs toolbar after I removed that !important in one 1.2.1 beta. Removing it breaks tabs toolbar in maximized mode, if application button on titlebar is enabled. You will get an empty space at the beginning of the tabs toolbar.
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

I finally tweaked CTR's tab coloring settings plus to what I use in Tab Mix Plus...
plus font color too (white for not active, and blank for active with white shadow)

with FF's HW Accel off in FF(v30) on my 2008 Toshiba L305 (gift from friends)
and TMP's tab coloring off (laves on the tab loading coloring)

seems to be ok for now....
will consider upgrading my Desktop to FF-v30 and adding CTR and testing...
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

Thanks for the favicon and padlock stuff in the URL bar (1.2.2beta1). This let me remove the Favicon Restorer extension. which was adding that back in.
Infocatcher

Post by Infocatcher »

Styles was changed in some recent CTR versions (1.2.0+ ?) and fix for Private Tab no longer needed:

/* Private Tab extension */
   .tabs-newtab-button + .tabs-newtab-button {
     -moz-margin-start: 15px !important;
   }
This game has no name. It will never be the same. ©
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

Feature request:
-option to remove this marked fog (on left and on right tab bar, it shows itself when you open to much tabs)

"Tabs toolbar: remove background fog" option didn't work for this

EDIT:
and a regression with placing these triangle arrows too far to the left:
post-Australis with Classic Theme Restorer 1.2.2beta1 vs pre-Australis
ImageImage
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.