[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Xetmes

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by Xetmes »

I don't use any code ATM, just dark Nightly theme, I've Windows 10 with AeroGlass enabled.
And You are right after testing some CSS from net I've always black toolbars and window.
Aris

Post by Aris »

You have to use default theme and set transparent toolbars with CSS. Together with AeroGlass software you will be able to get transparent toolbars.
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

I did some test with codes from google and nothing works, I was also looking to your CSS but I'm not able to find right part, can You tell me where I can look. I don't need whole userChrome.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Well, I created CustomCSSforFx to work like an add-on, where you set preferences by enabling different import lines. There are some for AeroGlass, so just test them on Firefox Portable. Once you get everything to work, you still can disable stuff you do not need.
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

I did some tests on latest Nightly with Your whole CSS and nothing works, every Aero enabling setting ends wit black tab bar, no window control.
(Yes I did enabled fix for Windows 10.) Very strange.
Aris

Post by Aris »

It only works with default Firefox theme. If I remember correctly, you have to enable window/titlebar colors inside Windows 10s settings too.
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

Nope, I've set "default", I did some extra test, I can't change color to presets inside Your code, simply do nothing, if I try set to blue still nothing happen. But I can add app button to tab bar, I can change tabs layout but nor colors.
Aris

Post by Aris »

According to the AeroGlass users it works.
Without AeroGlass it looks like on my screenshot, but the tool from glass8.eu makes the window transparent like a Windows 7 AeroGlass window.

Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

Takes no effect on my side, always black bar, and I've latest legal full version of aeroglass from glass8.eu :)
https://imgur.com/a/E3kjBMf
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

Sorry for bothering, I did some extra tests, and looks like setting anything with "transparent" value breaks Nightly tab and navbar vide black bars. I did also tests with "ui.systemUsesDarkTheme" same thing, is it possible that Mozilla removed transparency control from code?
I'm running latest Windows 10 1809 x64, latest AeroGlass, Latest Nightly, also latest CSS from Your Github, this seems to be similar to:
https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/issues/159
Aris

Post by Aris »

Any chance you can set you Windows UI to default (non-dark) for testing?
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

Aris, Can you please look at my post regarding an interaction issue between Classic Theme Restorer and ForecastFox ? ?
Link is: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &start=990
As you can see the two of them do not play well together. I do not know if it is a problem in the latest ForecastFox
or if the issue is with Classic Theme Restorer .. Thank you
Aris

Post by Aris »

I don't think CTR is doing something wrong.
Enabling text or icons+text modes displays text offered by the buttons and in this case ForecastFox offers some very strange text:
https://i.imgur.com/dZYHmLn.png

I suggest to not use text or icons+text modes in this case.
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

The problem is when CTR is enabled, then the newest ForecastFox displays incorrectly. It may be an issue with ForecastFox as I mentioned in my post in ForecastFox .. maybe they fix, maybe the issue is with CTR ... FYI: I am using Firefox 52.9ESR and the issue occurs on bith my XP PRO SP3 Dell and also on my Toshiba Laptop with Windows 10 Home 64 .. I would like to use the newer ForecastFox but not until this display issue can be sorted out.
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

@Aris, I did some tests with light OS theme, no luck, also with clean profile, same thing.