[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Jack Black

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI) v2

Post by Jack Black »

@cyrix007: there's a new setting for that button since v1.1.9: "Movable panel menu button (restart Firefox!)".
cyrix007

Post by cyrix007 »

Thanks Jack. Whew!
CannyDuck

Post by CannyDuck »

The bottom margin of the last bookmark toolbar folder entry is a little bit to high.
It would be great, if this could be fixed.

Tested with: Classic Theme Restorer 1.2.0beta3 (Windows 7 & Ubuntu 14.04)
Aris

Post by Aris »

StinDaWg wrote:I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but classic square tabs v2 looks screwed up again when the minimum tab size is too small. I'm using min width of 32px which looks fine with v1 but not v2. I could have sworn v2 looked fine a few weeks ago. Did they break something again?

This is what I'm using

Code: Select all

.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned])[fadein]{
  min-width: 32px !important;
}
.tabbrowser-tab .tab-close-button{
  margin-left:-10px !important;
  margin-right:0px !important;
}

Maybe they changed something once again. I have not checked small values for squaread tabs v2. Is only Nightly affected or all Australis versions (29-32)?

nolanvode wrote:On Fx 30b, anything beyond CTR 1.1.9beta22 is inhibiting the ability of Session Manager (versions 0.8.1.1 and 0.8.1.2pre20140331b) to "prompt for session to load", and instead takes the user to the home page/one tab session.

Except for that everything related looks ok, I believe. You still have the session archive, which works fine.

I tested this several times using the same backup profiles with various combinations of CTR and Session Manager, and session groups, always getting the same result.

Can you confirm this for new profiles too?
I'm sure the only change which could have affected SM, was the id change in 1.1.9b14. I don't know what wrong there and why beta22 is the only one with is fine.

DuhhUhh wrote:Hi All,

Like most people, I upgraded to FF29 and am trying to wrangle the new UI to my liking. Got most of the way with CTR but still have issues.

I'm using Personas with a simple Black and Grey theme, but get a semi-transparent grey add-on bar and grey outline around the location bar, buttons, and search bar. No matter which Personas theme I choose, the "grayness" persists. Even if I removed all the buttons, location and search bars, I still get a grey stripe.

Here's a pic with toolbars and buttons
http://imgur.com/9f7jYUo

...and here's without
http://imgur.com/uVHtLtP

I would simply like to change the color to black on the OSX version of FF29. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I see what the problem is. Every Persona adds this "grayness" to navigation toolbar and bookmarks toolbar leaving tabs toolbar 'clean'.
CTR moves the clean tabs toolbar below the others, but the Persona does not know the tabs toolbar is there.
You could remove this greyness:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[tabsontop="false"]:-moz-lwtheme #navigator-toolbox toolbar {
  background:none !important
}

JethroB wrote:...

Yes, that's exactly what I am asking. I'm asking for a CTR option to remove the borders. I'm sorry if my choice of words were a little confusing in my previous requests. What I am basically trying to achieve is the Windows AeroGlass for the Navigation and Bookmarks toolbars with no borders top or bottom of either toolbar. This is what I had with FF28 without using any Stylish codes to achieve.

Cheers :)

I planned to make a group of this 'tabs not on top + AeroGlass' options on prefwindow anyway, so I can add one more option to them.
-> already is on my todo list.

spaced wrote:
Is there any chance I could use some sort of css styling to override theme settings? I usually work with >100 tabs open and fastest way to find active tab was with colour - now I'm lost:(

First you need to know how the theme you are using styles tabs. Once you know the code, you could modify it using Stylish.
There is no general always working code. It has to be modified/written individually for every theme.

chascb wrote:Mac OS FF29 and Aurora 30.0a2 (2014-04-28)
Clean virgin profile except for:
CTR 1.2.0beta3
TMP 0.4.1.3.1pre.140414a1

After testing all 5 selections of Tab Type, I have come up with the following results:

The following occurs to both 'Tabs on top' settings and 'Tabs not on top' setting.
‘Tabs in titlebar (about:config) not checked [false]

Using TMP colourisations only and not CTR’s

1. Curved Tabs (Australis default) = OK

2. Squared Tabs (Classic) = OK till “New Window” then all ’Non Active” (not Current Tab) ‘on hover over’ have a grey oblong box area with left & right edge colouring on both the windows tabs.

3. Squared Tabs (Classic)(V2) = All Non Active tabs grey with Active Tab light grey. Bottom corners of tabs show chosen colour with last tab right border showing chosen colour.

4. Squared Tabs (Australised) = OK till ‘on hover over’ the following occurs:
⁃ - on first left Non Active tab shows a grey oblong box area with left & right edge colouring.
⁃ - on left Non Active tab next to Active, all grey except on left edge which is chosen colour.
⁃ ⁃ Active Tab OK
⁃ ⁃ on right Non Active tab next to Active, all grey except on right edge which is chosen colour.
⁃ - on last right Non Active tab shows a grey oblong box area with left & right edge colouring.

5. Curved Tabs (alternative) = OK, till ‘New Window” selection then the same happens as for point 4 ‘Squared Tabs (Australised)’

Using CTR’s colourisations and not TMP’s = all OK no problems.

With TMP & CTR colourisation's disabled = just FF default grey colourisation's displayed.

So is this a CTR or a TMP problem? Or is it a Mac OS FF problem?

EDIT: just upgraded to Aurora 31.0a2 (2014-05-05) prior to posting and we now have the situation where ALL 'Non Active' tabs are FF default grey with TMP colourisation's only and not CTR’s in ALL of the above 5 mentioned different settings. But there is now NO grey oblong box areas on hover and no left & right colourisations bleed through.

SO NOW is this a Firefox problem?

NOTE: I have not posted this in the TMP forum as I am sure they read this one.

Cheers

Thanks for this intensive tests.

As far as I know neither CTR nor TMP respect each others colors. TMP styles only default curved tabs and that OK for me.
I have added color options to CTR, because no other add-on is going to or has style CTRs tabs.
Catching TMPs, TUs and other tab addons color settings and make them working with CTR tabs would be an overkill and I guess nobody will ever do that.

Kanade wrote:...

I'm not sure if other people have confirmed it or not, but it definitely shows less letters compared to previous versions when using the default minimum width (100px).

And yes, like you said, it only shows the same amount of letters when it's on 250px.

I don't know what can be done about that, because tab sizes, favicon, throbber and close button paddings/margins already match pre-Australis tabs.

Infocatcher wrote:...
Hmm... I see. But with enabled title bar (browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar = false) TST looks better with "Curved tabs (Australis default)" + "Tabs on top (default) - [not set]".
Anyway, looks like browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar = true doesn't work with TST at all.
[Upd] https://github.com/piroor/treestyletab/issues/674

I could remove the code responsible for switching to 'tabsontop=false' on every start or maybe let it execute only once on first install.

CannyDuck wrote:The bottom margin of the last bookmark toolbar folder entry is a little bit to high.
It would be great, if this could be fixed.
Tested with: Classic Theme Restorer 1.2.0beta3 (Windows 7 & Ubuntu 14.04)
http://upload.picload.org/download/imag ... arkbar.png

I see, but this is caused by Firefox and not CTR, right? So there is nothing to fix in CTR. Also this 'glitch' may not occur on other OSes or themes.
LuvKomputrs

Post by LuvKomputrs »

Works very well on my netbook with Ubuntu 12.04. :)
My netbook doesn't have a very big screen, but, with CTR added its actually a lot easier for me to read. :)
NobleUplift

Post by NobleUplift »

First of all, I would like to say thank you for having this extension available on day 1 of the Firefox 29 release. Without this extension, I would have installed Firefox ESR and never upgraded to Firefox 29 (which is really Firefox 5. I do not recognize the validity of the current versioning system and all other attempts to copy Google Chrome). With that said, I would like to make this extension even better! Here are some bugs I've found.

On Mac OS X Version 10.9.2:

Pressing the tab groups button and then exiting the tab groups display causes the fullscreen button to clip into whatever is there:

The "Buttons" and "Mode" options clip into the add-on bar. Also, the add-on bar does not match the whole width of the customize pane (you can see it fall short on the left):

Last edited by LIMPET235 on May 6th, 2014, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large image/s reduced to preserve the forum layout.
Ach3r0n

Post by Ach3r0n »

Aris,

first I like to thank you for creating Classic Theme Restorer. I have nothing but respect for the amount of work you put in to restore the Firefox customization options back to previous versions.

When I installed Classic Theme Restorer I noticed the menubar entries are put into the titlebar.

I'm accustomed to having the Orange Firefox Menu button in the titlebar and have modified the content of this menu using Personal Menu. So I have no purpose for the menu entries to be visible in the titlebar.

What I do want in the Titlebar is the title of the website I'm visiting. This option has long been removed from Firefox, but I used the Addon Titlebar Text made by Merci Chao: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/titlebar-text/ to restore this option.

Unfortunately Merci Chao has removed this addon, but it worked fine up to Firefox 28. The Addon stopped working in Firefox 29, but I got it back to work only by changing the id of the element "titlebar-text-container" to some other value.

You understand that having both the menu entries and the titlebar text doesn't look very nice.

You can download the modified Titlebar Text Addon here: http://updatepack.nl/custom_setup/titlebar_text-1.4.1-fx-windows.xpi

To get everything working you also need the following in userChrome.css:

#titlebar {
   height: 28px !important;
   margin-bottom: 0 !important;
   padding-top: 0 !important;
}

#titlebar-content {
   height: 24px !important;
}

#titlebar-text-container2 {
   margin: -2px 6px 0 !important;
}

#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"] #titlebar-text {
   color: white !important;
   font-weight: bold !important;
}

#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"] #titlebar-text-shadow {
   display: none !important;
}

#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"] .menubar-text {
   color: menutext !important;
}

This worked fine in combination with Classic Theme Restorer up to 1.1.9 beta 19 or so when you added extra 26px or 27px margin-top (depending on OS) to the #toolbar-menubar element in tabsontop_offextra.css.

I can't override these values through userChrome.css and I now end up editing the Classic Theme Restorer Addon myself. I don't see this as a viable solution, so I hope you can implement an option to put the menu entries back into a separate menu bar, just like it used to be in previous Firefox releases.

Here's a current screenshot on Windows XP, using custom CSS and having commented out the following lines in WinXP\tabsontop_offextra.css:

#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="normal"] #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"]{
     margin-top: 27px !important;
}
#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="maximized"] #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"]{
}

Large Image.
Last edited by LIMPET235 on May 6th, 2014, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large image/s reduced to preserve the forum layout.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2014.05.03.06

Post by Aris »

Tagora wrote:
Aris wrote:
Tagora wrote:'Show close button' does not hide addon-bar close button when unchecked.

I as able to remove it via about:config in the location bar.
Under browser.uiCustomization.state, right click -> Modify Value', navigate to "ctr_addonbar":["ctr_addonbar-close",...] and remove '"ctr_addonbar-close",'.
close the tab, restart Firefox, an it's gone.

The "ctr" items are from CTR add-on not S4E. Use CTRs "hide addon bar close button" option to achieve what you trying to do.

I tried but the close button seemed to be unmoveable. I could insert controls in front of it, moving it asside but I couldn't move it off the addon bar.

It is not removable, but you can hit corresponding CTR option on CTRs prefwindow to hide it.
em28

Post by em28 »

Hi, Aris.
Tank to you we can enjoy FF. =D>

I'm using FF30 (Hebrew, RTL) on the beta cahnnel, CTR 1.2.0b3 & ctb 1.4.0b9.
I have a little issue with the application button:
I've configured CTR to show app button on toolbar and it worked as charm until
some days ago. :-"
the app button just disappeared ! ](*,)
I've changed app button location to the title bar, but it seems to save button's position but not showing it.

I cant tell if it start as I've upgraded from FF29 to FF30 or if it has any link to CTR updates.

before (app button on toolbar):

after (app button on titlebar, but not shown):

can u do someting about it ?
Tagora

Re: [Ext] Status-4-Evar 2014.05.03.06

Post by Tagora »

Aris wrote:
It is not removable, but you can hit corresponding CTR option on CTRs prefwindow to hide it.

I didn't see that option for the close button. The only option I saw on the addon bar menu was to hide the addon bar altogether. With the newer Firefox 29 I could no longer find it. I searched the net finding other addon's and css code to remove it. Not wanting to do those, I checked about:config...
Edds

Post by Edds »

Hi Aris, is this known bug ?
looks like there is no (1px?) gap between tab bar and url bar. Between url bar and bookmarks bar there is.
Using CTR 1.2.0b3, CTB 1.4.0b9. Win 8.1.
Issue started in one of the latest nightly, dont know exactly when. In FF 30 its fine.
Let mi know if you need bigger image or something else.
Laptop: Intel Core i5 1240P | 16GB DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 1080p | Win 11
Phone: Samsung S24 Ultra | Android 14
em28

Post by em28 »

Hi, Aris.
I found my mistake: under Special --> special tweaks
I've unchecked "Panel UI button......".
shame on me, but it will help others.
Aris

Post by Aris »

NobleUplift wrote:First of all, I would like to say thank you for having this extension available on day 1 of the Firefox 29 release. Without this extension, I would have installed Firefox ESR and never upgraded to Firefox 29 (which is really Firefox 5. I do not recognize the validity of the current versioning system and all other attempts to copy Google Chrome). With that said, I would like to make this extension even better! Here are some bugs I've found.

On Mac OS X Version 10.9.2:

Pressing the tab groups button and then exiting the tab groups display causes the fullscreen button to clip into whatever is there:

https://i.imgur.com/yiO9Dm4.png

The "Buttons" and "Mode" options clip into the add-on bar. Also, the add-on bar does not match the whole width of the customize pane (you can see it fall short on the left):

https://i.imgur.com/CtwYJgEl.png

Which version of CTR are you using? I can't reproduce any of this with current beta 1.2.0beta3+. Tested on Fx29 and 32.

Ach3r0n wrote:Aris,

first I like to thank you for creating Classic Theme Restorer. I have nothing but respect for the amount of work you put in to restore the Firefox customization options back to previous versions.

When I installed Classic Theme Restorer I noticed the menubar entries are put into the titlebar.

I'm accustomed to having the Orange Firefox Menu button in the titlebar and have modified the content of this menu using Personal Menu. So I have no purpose for the menu entries to be visible in the titlebar.

What I do want in the Titlebar is the title of the website I'm visiting. This option has long been removed from Firefox, but I used the Addon Titlebar Text made by Merci Chao: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/titlebar-text/ to restore this option.

Unfortunately Merci Chao has removed this addon, but it worked fine up to Firefox 28. The Addon stopped working in Firefox 29, but I got it back to work only by changing the id of the element "titlebar-text-container" to some other value.

You understand that having both the menu entries and the titlebar text doesn't look very nice.

You can download the modified Titlebar Text Addon here: http://updatepack.nl/custom_setup/titlebar_text-1.4.1-fx-windows.xpi

To get everything working you also need the following in userChrome.css:

#titlebar {
}

#titlebar-content {
}

}

}

}

}

This worked fine in combination with Classic Theme Restorer up to 1.1.9 beta 19 or so when you added extra 26px or 27px margin-top (depending on OS) to the #toolbar-menubar element in tabsontop_offextra.css.

I can't override these values through userChrome.css and I now end up editing the Classic Theme Restorer Addon myself. I don't see this as a viable solution, so I hope you can implement an option to put the menu entries back into a separate menu bar, just like it used to be in previous Firefox releases.

Here's a current screenshot on Windows XP, using custom CSS and having commented out the following lines in WinXP\tabsontop_offextra.css:

#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="normal"] #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"]{
}
#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="maximized"] #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"]{
}

Large Image.

Could you try this code in Stylish? userChrome.css is not enough to override things in CTR.

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
    #titlebar {
       margin-bottom: 0px !important;
    }

#titlebar-content {
    }

}

}

}

}

#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="normal"][tabsontop="false"] #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"]{
     margin-top: -2px !important;
   }
   #main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="maximized"][tabsontop="false"] #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"]{
   }
   #main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="normal"]:not([tabsontop="false"]) #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"]{
     margin-top: -16px !important;
   }
   #main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="maximized"]:not([tabsontop="false"]) #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"]{
   }

Edds wrote:Hi Aris, is this known bug ?
looks like there is no (1px?) gap between tab bar and url bar. Between url bar and bookmarks bar there is.
Using CTR 1.2.0b3, CTB 1.4.0b9. Win 8.1.
Issue started in one of the latest nightly, dont know exactly when. In FF 30 its fine.
Let mi know if you need bigger image or something else.

Same happens on Win7 too. I will look into it.

em28 wrote:Hi, Aris.
I found my mistake: under Special --> special tweaks
I've unchecked "Panel UI button......".
shame on me, but it will help others.

Good to know.

I have to add some checks for this option.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Aris wrote:Classic Theme Restorer - Discussion Thread (v2)

CTR supports Firefox 29+ (Beta, Aurora, Nightly and UX) builds on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, Linux (KDE & GNOME UI) and MacOSX 10.8+.

Since Firefox 29 runs on Mac OS 10.6+, why do you say that CTR runs only on Mac OS 10.8+?
Jack Black

IMO, the random user would benefit from this...

Post by Jack Black »

@Aris:

• IINM, strings for "Ctr_fixes_t" "Ctr_buttons" can be removed from locales, as they're no longer used. "window controls" and "fx mockups", on the opposite, could benefit from being made translatable.
  • "Alternative icons (if on toolbar)" : if I got this correctly, this can only be enabled if the AppButton is set to appear on a toolbar; if this is the case, you can remove "(if on toolbar)" from the string.

WARNING: HUGE (& CRAZY) SUGGESTION INCOMING; you can skip to "TL;DR" down there
  • The "Tabs in titlebar (about:config)" option is now more of a way to enable/disable the titlebar.
    Proof: the "Title Bar" button in customize mode does exactly the same, which is setting "browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar" on or off (hence why disabling the title bar in customize mode automatically ticks CTR option).

For this reason I believe that this option should rather be moved under "General UI", on the main panel, and be renamed "Disable the OS title bar".
      Addendum: ideally, this option would get automatically ticked if selecting either "Button on titlebar" or "Button on titlebar (icon only)" for the Application button.
      Even more ideally, when selecting one of the "Button on titlebar" preference, the user would get asked "In order to put the Application button on the title bar, the OS titlebar must be disabled. Clicking 'OK' will automatically disable it.", or something along those lines...

Then a new "tabs in title bar" could be made, one that would make sure that, when ticked on:
      1. the titlebar is disabled.
      2. the menu bar is disabled (as otherwise tabs are put under it).
      3. if "Tabs not on top - set [tabsontop=false]" is enabled, it should automatically tick "Hide navigation toolbar" (with, possibly, a warning given to the user).
    Ideally, the user would get asked:

"To enable 'tabs in title bar', the add-on needs to perform the following steps":

Disable the titlebar (if enabled).
      Disable the menu bar (if enabled).

[_] Set tabs on top, or
      [_] Hide navigation toolbar

"Continue" "Cancel"

With, by default, "set tabs on top" ticked on (which is a less brutal solution than the other one, methinks).

TL;DR: ...or you could go the easy route and just write tips on the preferences dialog, doing something like on this quick mockup (with, of course, other colors, fonts, and whatnot -- the tips could appear only after selecting the matching options, for example, or appear as tooltips when hovering the preferences, etc).