[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
happysurf

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by happysurf »

Aris wrote:Check the beta I uploaded today.

Thank you very much, the result is almost perfect, in my opinion the arc lines must be moved 1 px. to the right for the perfect view.
Is possible see the problem in this enlarged image:

Surf the Internet is a dirty job but someone has to do it.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Well, I just switched the default Win10 tab images with the default pre10 tab images, nothing got repositioned. Are you sure it was not like that on Win7/8?
Do I see tab separators between tabs? Are they enabled on purpose?
happysurf

Post by happysurf »

Aris wrote:Well, I just switched the default Win10 tab images with the default pre10 tab images, nothing got repositioned. Are you sure it was not like that on Win7/8?
Do I see tab separators between tabs? Are they enabled on purpose?

You are right, this morning on my XP OS the arc lines are the same, probably on my notebook the display resolution increase the view of this detail.
However the 1px. right shift seems improve the aesthetic view, what do you think about that?
Also I have seen the separators, the way for disable (click on "Default tab separators" seems doesn't work on W10).
Aris

Post by Aris »

There is actually not much you can do with tab borders without breaking their entire appearance.

Try this code:

Code: Select all

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[fx40plus="true"] * .tabbrowser-tab:not(:-moz-lwtheme):hover > .tab-stack > .tab-background:not([visuallyselected=true]),
#main-window[fx40plus="true"] * .tabbrowser-tab:not(:-moz-lwtheme):not(:hover) > .tab-stack > .tab-background:not([visuallyselected=true]) {
  background-position: left bottom, 31px bottom, right bottom !important;
  background-repeat: no-repeat !important;
  background-size: 31px 100%, calc(100% - (2 * 31px)) 100%, 31px 100% !important;
}

(W10 + Fx 40 + CTRs curved tabs + no bg on title/menu/tabs toolbar)

No tab separators visible for me, if the "default" option is checked.
happysurf

Post by happysurf »

Aris wrote:There is actually not much you can do with tab borders without breaking their entire appearance.

Try this code:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[fx40plus="true"] * .tabbrowser-tab:not(:-moz-lwtheme):hover > .tab-stack > .tab-background:not([visuallyselected=true]),
#main-window[fx40plus="true"] * .tabbrowser-tab:not(:-moz-lwtheme):not(:hover) > .tab-stack > .tab-background:not([visuallyselected=true]) {
  background-position: left bottom, 31px bottom, right bottom !important;
  background-repeat: no-repeat !important;
  background-size: 31px 100%, calc(100% - (2 * 31px)) 100%, 31px 100% !important;
}

(W10 + Fx 40 + CTRs curved tabs + no bg on title/menu/tabs toolbar)

No tab separators visible for me, if the "default" option is checked.

OK, all is fine now.
Thank you Aris. :D

EDIT: Is possible for the option > Tabs Toolbar > "Alternative background color" add a custom color instead of my current code?

#main-window, .titlebar-button {
background-color: #327ac9 !important;
}
cyrix007

Post by cyrix007 »

Hi Aris. First, thanks for this lovely extension. I was wondering if you could put in an option to use the bookmark name as the tab title? Tab Mix Plus has this, and it's really nice -- makes the tabs cleaner and more readable. What do you think? Thanks again!
Jack Black

Post by Jack Black »

On Firefox 40.0.3 (successfully reproduced with versions 1.3.8 and 1.3.9beta6 of CTR), if "Add-on managers add-on lists: show add-on version" is enabled, then uninstalling a Greasemonkey script in the Add-ons Manager shows two links: "restart now" (which restarts the browser, even though it shouldn't be required for scripts) and "cancel", which does nothing.

This doesn't occur with the CTR preference disabled, where uninstalling a Greasemonkey script is seamless (the browser tells us that the script has been uninstalled -- and there is only a "Cancel" link, which works correctly by canceling the script removal).

//edit: your "Add-ons Manager - Version Number" add-on is affected by this bug as well (along with the similar "Version Number in Add-ons Manager" by magicp).
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
Aris

Post by Aris »

happysurf wrote:...

EDIT: Is possible for the option > Tabs Toolbar > "Alternative background color" add a custom color instead of my current code?

I had plans to add color options for toolbars, but there is still no ETA for that.

cyrix007 wrote:Hi Aris. First, thanks for this lovely extension. I was wondering if you could put in an option to use the bookmark name as the tab title? Tab Mix Plus has this, and it's really nice -- makes the tabs cleaner and more readable. What do you think? Thanks again!

I don't think this is something for CTR. Besides that I really don't want to add something that scans any user data like bookmarks.

Jack Black wrote:On Firefox 40.0.3 (successfully reproduced with versions 1.3.8 and 1.3.9beta6 of CTR), if "Add-on managers add-on lists: show add-on version" is enabled, then uninstalling a Greasemonkey script in the Add-ons Manager shows two links: "restart now" (which restarts the browser, even though it shouldn't be required for scripts) and "cancel", which does nothing.

This doesn't occur with the CTR preference disabled, where uninstalling a Greasemonkey script is seamless (the browser tells us that the script has been uninstalled -- and there is only a "Cancel" link, which works correctly by canceling the script removal).

//edit: your "Add-ons Manager - Version Number" add-on is affected by this bug as well (along with the similar "Version Number in Add-ons Manager" by magicp).

Thanks for reporting. This bug not only affects user scripts, but also restartless add-ons. I will fix this issue on next build.

That problem may be related to this bugs
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1035091
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1201420

Could you provide some examples of what actually refuses to work in CTR?
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Visually the application button appears even though I have it disabled. The CTR menu is almost twice as large as before. I'll see what else is broken.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
Aris

Post by Aris »

You are using the inbound builds, right? I check this.

Edit:
The recent "@-moz-document" change is responmsible for this. The only thing I can do to fix this, is removing all "@-moz-document" references.
Stay tuned, a new beta (8) will be out later this day. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Aris on September 3rd, 2015, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Aris wrote:You are using the inbound builds, right? I check this.

Yep. Maybe it's on Nightly at this point idk. Perhaps they will be backing it out and either get it right or scrap it.
Jack Black

Thanks

Post by Jack Black »

Aris wrote:Thanks for reporting. This bug not only affects user scripts, but also restartless add-ons. I will fix this issue on next build.

I confirm the bug is fixed in version 1.3.9beta7.

However, the CSS for "Add-ons Manager - Version Number" 1.02 now references the XML from CTR:

-moz-binding: url("chrome://classic_theme_restorer/content/addonversion.xml#addon-generic") !important;

instead of :

-moz-binding: url("resource://amversionnumberaddon/content/addonversion.xml#addon-generic") !important;
Aris

Re: Thanks

Post by Aris »

streetwolf wrote:
Aris wrote:You are using the inbound builds, right? I check this.

Yep. Maybe it's on Nightly at this point idk. Perhaps they will be backing it out and either get it right or scrap it.

Lets hope so. I remove all references of "@-moz-document..." on next build anyway.

Jack Black wrote:
Aris wrote:Thanks for reporting. This bug not only affects user scripts, but also restartless add-ons. I will fix this issue on next build.

I confirm the bug is fixed in version 1.3.9beta7.

However, the CSS for "Add-ons Manager - Version Number" 1.02 now references the XML from CTR:

-moz-binding: url("chrome://classic_theme_restorer/content/addonversion.xml#addon-generic") !important;

instead of :

-moz-binding: url("resource://amversionnumberaddon/content/addonversion.xml#addon-generic") !important;

Too much copy & pasting caused this. ;-)
Uploaded 1.0.3
al_9x

Post by al_9x »

conflict with TMP (no tab close button on tabs): http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19334