[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
MarkRH

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by MarkRH »

Playing around with 57 beta and looking for extension replacements. Surprisingly, I've found many. Looking forward to the userChrome.css code you are working on which can achieve some of the things, for the moment.
Acid Crash

Post by Acid Crash »

Aris wrote: It is not a bug, I had to remove that feature, because it stopped working in Fx 56.
Basically CTR only "borrowed" that popup from menubars developer menu and gave it back after appbutton menu closed. This is not working anymore, if the developer menu was not opened from menubar first. You can see this, if you try older CTR builds.

Anyway, I suggest to forget Firefox 56 and either go the Firefox 57 beta way without CTR or the Firefox 52ESR / Waterfox 55.1 way, were all those things not working in Firefox 56 are working fine.
Ah, thx for the clarification. Looks like I'll have to press "Alt" a bit more often till FF57 becomes official.

UPD. Looks like NavBar Developer button still works as expected
marty60

Post by marty60 »

Aris wrote:For me stuff like this worked:

Code: Select all

#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="normal"]:not([inFullscreen]) #TabsToolbar {
  margin-top: 0px !important;
}
#toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"][inactive="true"] {
  margin-top: 21px !important;
}
Thks Aris,this isn't working yet but at least it's a starting point. I'm not sure if an extension for autohiding toolbars can be made with WE but full screen for me without that ability is not much use.
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

FYI,

For those that prefer tabs on bottom, this works in 57 if added to userChrome.css:

#TabsToolbar { -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2; }
I Googled and found the answer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xo-OeVjnjs
T.BugReporter

Post by T.BugReporter »

Aris wrote:CTRs "old search" does not work in Fx56 anymore. So, if you really want to keep using "Old Search", you have to move to Firefox ESR.
Argh. If I had known this, I wouldn't have installed 56. I guess I'll be going to ESR a little earlier than I expected.

I came here to ask about another change with 56, but this makes the question pointless, since I won't be using it without CTR's search options. On a related note, is there any way to get a list of CTR features that disappear (I.e. can't be implemented) in certain Firefox versions? It's a little annoying to find that options I had tweaked previously are suddenly gone without a trace. ](*,)
Jack Black

Post by Jack Black »

T.BugReporter wrote:
Aris wrote:CTRs "old search" does not work in Fx56 anymore. So, if you really want to keep using "Old Search", you have to move to Firefox ESR.
Argh. If I had known this, I wouldn't have installed 56. I guess I'll be going to ESR a little earlier than I expected.
The Organize Search Engines fork available here is able to recreate the "Old Search".

I just tested it on Firefox 56, along with CTR, with no issue (even though I already switched to Waterfox). :p
Aris

Post by Aris »

Turns out CTRs "old search" stopped working, because of a missing label old code pointed too. I moved that pointer to CTRs locale files and its working again.

All "old search" options got restored for Firefox 56 in today's beta.

@T.BugReporter
This would be a very short list with relevant stuff ;-)

Fx55
- empty favicon options in general ui category
- some ui animation options got replaced by one general animation option

Fx56
- devtools popup from appmenu
- old search (restored in CTR v1.7.1)
rocco.xyz

Post by rocco.xyz »

Hello friends.
@Aris
Could you help me to change some details of my Firefox interface?
I am using the "Squared tabs (australized)" appearance but I find that the tabs are not *really* square, they seem to have a very very little rounding at the corners.
If my memory serves me correctly, CTR used to have a option for this... *really* square tabs, right? I can not find it, was it removed?
And probably you do not see the new tab button, although the image is enlarged almost 200%. I am using a dark gray theme color in Windows 10 and this makes that button almost invisible. Look:
(It looks like this with the mouse pointer over it)
I've tried using the inverted color in the Tabs Toolbar (General UI, Page 5) but did not work. How could I fix it?

I'd also like that the long names of the bookmarks and RSS were not truncated.
Is there any way to increase the number of visible characters? if possible at maximum, to show all.

Thanks in advance. :D

P.S. I am sorry if there are grammatical errors, I don't speak English well. :oops:
Aris

Post by Aris »

rocco.xyz wrote:Hello friends.
@Aris
Could you help me to change some details of my Firefox interface?

1. I am using the "Squared tabs (australized)" appearance but I find that the tabs are not *really* square, they seem to have a very very little rounding at the corners.
If my memory serves me correctly, CTR used to have a option for this... *really* square tabs, right? I can not find it, was it removed?
https://s1.postimg.org/6bjw9jr5cf/not_r ... e_tabs.png

2. And probably you do not see the new tab button, although the image is enlarged almost 200%. I am using a dark gray theme color in Windows 10 and this makes that button almost invisible. Look:
(It looks like this with the mouse pointer over it)
https://s1.postimg.org/7i37i5ghdb/almos ... button.png
I've tried using the inverted color in the Tabs Toolbar (General UI, Page 5) but did not work. How could I fix it?

3. I'd also like that the long names of the bookmarks and RSS were not truncated.
Is there any way to increase the number of visible characters? if possible at maximum, to show all.
https://s1.postimg.org/4najcd12vz/long_ ... ncated.png

Thanks in advance. :D

P.S. I am sorry if there are grammatical errors, I don't speak English well. :oops:
1. Use the "v2" tab settings to be able to set fully squared top corners for tabs. The "v1" editions use a fixed border image, that comes with rounded top corners.

2. The option you tested is for toolbar buttons you move to tabs toolbar and for new tab, all tabs and tab scroll buttons in overflow mode. To change the tab "+" icon, use "Tabs > Page 3 > Firefox Mockup > White color for tab buttons"

3. You will have to add this CSS code to CTRs custom CSS area or to Stylish and set the default minimum width suitable for your popups (tested with 600px):

.bookmark-item menupopup[context="placesContext"],
.bookmark-item menupopup[context="placesContext"] menuitem {
  min-width: 600px !important;
}
rocco.xyz

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Fx 29-56)

Post by rocco.xyz »

Thank you Aris!
Tweaks 1 and 2 worked perfect, I guess I did not find those options :oops:, CTR has a lot of features! =D>
Tweak 3, however with that code the menus looked strange, I tried with several values, the small numbers did not make any difference, but the big numbers made the ">" icon appear in the middle of the menu,like this:
then change from min-width: 600px! important; to max-width: 768px! important; and it seems to work better.
(768px it is the max. horizontal resolution of my monitor) :D
By the way, one related problem that I have is that I use the following code to hide the bookmarks toolbar and display it only when the cursor is over it.

#PersonalToolbar { visibility:collapse !important;}
#navigator-toolbox:hover:hover >
#PersonalToolbar { visibility:visible !important;}
I got the code from this post.
But often it happens to me that submenus disappear too quickly (instantly, actually), because I accidentally move out the cursor:
So can this be delayed for a few seconds?
Thanks again, you're a genius!
Aris

Post by Aris »

1. Fix non-livemark popups:

.bookmark-item[livemark="true"] menupopup,
.bookmark-item[livemark="true"] menupopup menuitem {
  min-width: 600px !important;
}
2. Add a delay before hiding bookmarks toolbar

#PersonalToolbar {
  visibility:collapse !important;
  transition: visibility 2s linear 0.5s  !important;

}
#navigator-toolbox:hover >#PersonalToolbar {
  visibility:visible !important;
  transition: visibility 0s linear 0.5s  !important;
}
fits79

Post by fits79 »

Now with firefox 57 this addon STOPS supporting?

Why is that?

There isn't any way to continue support this addon even with firefox 57?
Aris

Post by Aris »

@fits79
Not the add-on stops supporting Firefox, but Firefox stops supporting these kind of add-ons.
Read this: https://github.com/Aris-t2/ClassicTheme ... issues/299
fits79

Post by fits79 »

Already know that and this is the exact reason i ask here.

So after the firefox 57 there isn't any addon that do even 1/10 of the classic theme restorer addon???

Why Mozilla decide to change the source code so all that kind of addons STOP working and never come out any new that kind of addons????

What Mozilla thinking?????????
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

Mozilla is not thinking about the Users ... For example: FeBe which backs up extensions & preferences will not be able to work in FF57 or later .. This is an extension or feature that every browser should have.