[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ReggieNJ

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Fx 29-56)

Post by ReggieNJ »

I think I see what's going on but still don't know how to fix it. Without any CSS, the urlbar dropdown spans the entire window and the results are centered, with spaces on the left and right. Previously, using margin-left: 0px and max-width to match the width of the urlbar would cut off the sides of the box, with the results starting at the beginning of the urlbar (now next to the left side of the box) and ending at the end of the urlbar (where the box cuts them off). That same code in 57 is now shifting the box over and resizing it, leaving the spaces and centered results.
Mudder

Post by Mudder »

With a huge THANK YOU to BobbyPhoenix, I got what I wanted after the "tabs below" he pointed me to, I added the transparent one and it looks great, almost time to abandon the ESR. If I do more fiddling, it will be next weekend, next thing is to get the nav/search bar a few pixels thinner, but later, feeling tired.
When i get back to this on the weekend, as I do my on-line Christmas shopping, I'm sending a donation to Aris (besides, I don't want those deliveries to be late).

=D>
BobbyPhoenix

Post by BobbyPhoenix »

Mudder wrote:With a huge THANK YOU to BobbyPhoenix, I got what I wanted after the "tabs below" he pointed me to, I added the transparent one and it looks great, almost time to abandon the ESR. If I do more fiddling, it will be next weekend, next thing is to get the nav/search bar a few pixels thinner, but later, feeling tired.
When i get back to this on the weekend, as I do my on-line Christmas shopping, I'm sending a donation to Aris (besides, I don't want those deliveries to be late).

=D>
You're welcome. Glad I helped. Enjoy!
Do, or do not. There is no try.
Mudder

Post by Mudder »

Now on the large examples under Aris's "classic" folder, I see lines that say 'only use one at a time'.
I take it to mean one has to edit out the options that are not desired, so on reset of the browser, it then uses the instructions that remain.
Aris

Post by Aris »

ReggieNJ wrote:I think I see what's going on but still don't know how to fix it. Without any CSS, the urlbar dropdown spans the entire window and the results are centered, with spaces on the left and right. Previously, using margin-left: 0px and max-width to match the width of the urlbar would cut off the sides of the box, with the results starting at the beginning of the urlbar (now next to the left side of the box) and ending at the end of the urlbar (where the box cuts them off). That same code in 57 is now shifting the box over and resizing it, leaving the spaces and centered results.
Use the classic popup "CustomCSSforFx" offers. It is not important, what worked previously, because Mozilla changes everything too often. You can only remove the space on the left, the one on the right won't go.

Code: Select all

/* remove unneeded padding around results */
#PopupAutoCompleteRichResult .autocomplete-richlistbox {
  padding: 0 !important;
}

/* make sure there is no unneeded space before results (Fx58+) */
#PopupAutoCompleteRichResult .autocomplete-richlistitem {
  -moz-margin-start: 0 !important;
  -moz-padding-start: 0 !important;
}
Mudder wrote:...

=D>
Thanks.
Mudder wrote:Now on the large examples under Aris's "classic" folder, I see lines that say 'only use one at a time'.
I take it to mean one has to edit out the options that are not desired, so on reset of the browser, it then uses the instructions that remain.
Exactly, if one of those "settings" inside a "settings block" is active, you have to add /* before the @import you want to disable and remove /* before the @import you want enable.
The idea behind it is simulating a radio button list or menulist, where only one code targets same ui area at a time.

Example
itemidXYZ > icon 1
itemidXYZ > icon 2
itemidXYZ > icon 3
--> Only one can be active at a time.
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

FYI, I was messing around with my 52 ESR install in preparation for installing it on my folks' Windows XP system and when I went to the Options Page which I set in CTR as a popup window (v2), everything was all jacked up. I ended up creating a new profile for it and now the Options looks correct with the v2 window. No idea what was mucking things up.

This profile did come from my main profile which I've had forever so no telling what was really causing it. Apparently 52 ESR will work with some Web Extensions because I installed some of the same versions I am using in 57 in this new profile. Anyway, just an FYI post in case someone talks about a jacked up Options page. :)
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

@Aris

i was asked for a tab adjustment - and was prompted

/*AGENT_SHEET*/

#TabsToolbar .titlebar-placeholder[type="pre-tabs"],
#TabsToolbar .titlebar-placeholder[type="post-tabs"]
{
    width: 0px !important;
}
(no note: display: none !important will mess up the left border of 1st tab)

this wont work here for version 57/58/59.
any hint?

working that far:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/

#main-window[sizemode="normal"] #TabsToolbar
{
  margin-left:  -39px !important;
}
Aris

Post by Aris »

@MarkRH
Thanks for the hint.

@Brummelchen
Did you replace the display: none in css\toolbars\tabs_toolbar_adjustments.css with width: 0 or did you try to use the code in addition to the one inside the file?

I can run some tests and see how things improve. Everything tab related I wrote in this project was basically targeting this projects squared tabs and the default one, so glitches may of course appear.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

i tried the code above and also your files - nothing moved.
i started code examining with browser tools and entered changes directly into firefox and did work, but no userchrome.

i also could not manage to replace the throbber. btw all changes with a fresh profile live testet (no sandbox)
Aris

Post by Aris »

I'm always testing with userChrome.css and its sub folders and never entering code through browser console. Live changes won't work at all in most cases at least for me and even, if they would. Results could be different after a restart anyway.
Download 1.3.6 package, extract it to chrome folder, edit css\toolbars\tabs_toolbar_adjustments.css file and replace display: none with width: 0, restart Firefox and tell me, if something changed.
(additionally unset squared tabs in userChrome.css)
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

not sure, maybe i struggeld with the leading ./../..
i am extracting code and images to my own folders.
eg (in parts)
.tab-throbber[busy]::before {
background-image: url("image/tabthrobber_fx56_connecting.png") !important;
}

.tab-throbber[progress]::before{
background-image: url("image/tabthrobber_classic_loading.png") !important;
}
the css files are collected in \chrome and images in \chrome\image

i dont use leading ./

ofc chrome folder need restart ;)
i am changing/testing live in firefox with the tools to copy code into userchrome. i am performing this for 3 firefox builds.

meanwhile i got dinner and head is performing better :mrgreen:
thank you
avada

Post by avada »

Is it just me or the "Remove 'Search with...' and 'Visit' items (if present)" doesn't work on FF56 for searches.
I still get the "search with" item when using a keyword search.
Aris

Post by Aris »

@Brummelchen
Depends where you put the code. If your code is inside userChrome.css and you are keeping the image folder were it was, paths like url("./image/tabthrobber_fx56_connecting.png") should work for you.

@avada
You most likely still have this default browser option enabled:
Browser preferences > Search > Default Search Engine > Provide search suggestions > Show search suggestions in address bar results
You have to disable it.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

@Aris,

I grant you this post would be easier if I had 57 on this distro (OS) but I'm busy with other stuff, so I'll do it from memory.

https://github.com/aris-t2/customcssforfx

#1. Your reduce url/searchbar height one is a breaker because the search arrow and urlbar stuff at the right end all shrink to nothing. That's because you haven't redone their paddings. I'm hopeless at using that Browser Toolbox crap so I don't know what their original padding was, but if you put between 2 - 4px on those bits, it'll all work out fine.

#2. A status bar that shows loading and link info on it..is possible. That's all it does though, no customisation with buttons, etc is possible.

#3. Custom content scrollbars are possible - don't get too excited - atm it only works on about:preferences and about:addons and crashes like mad on normal tabs. But it does work, so maybe you can run with it further than I could.

Basically, you take the blank chrome.manifest in the program folder and add a single override line in it for scrollbars.css. Maybe it didn't like my scrollbars.css (it was the one I use in my themes though), maybe it was the file location or maybe I was hitting a Firefox security protocol.

But, it did work and new tab and the abouts all had proper scrollbars again! Obviously, the chrome UI scrollbar side was never a problem anyway.

Might be nothing or might point to a possible 'entry point', which userContent and Sylish are both failing in. I don't care if the tabs crashed, it made me laugh to see my scrolls in 57. :P
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:@avada
You most likely still have this default browser option enabled:
Browser preferences > Search > Default Search Engine > Provide search suggestions > Show search suggestions in address bar results
You have to disable it.
No I don't. I don't think I ever had that enabled. Also I get suggestions to the search engine that's associated to the keyword. (Not the default search engine)
It seems more like CTR is failing in this case.