[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
r21514

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Customize UI) #2

Post by r21514 »

You are right, I didn't test your beta on clean profile, but on my working profile. "Tab Mix Plus" does that gap between buttons.

The problem with private tab icon is fixed in content\css\winxp\classictabsextra.css like this:

Code: Select all

.tabs-newtab-button:not(:-moz-lwtheme),
   #TabsToolbar > #new-tab-button:not(:-moz-lwtheme) {
     /*list-style-image: url(chrome://browser/skin/tabbrowser/newtab.png) !important;*/ <-- this
   }

This code is present for win8 and win7 too, in section for classic windows theme. So I don't think it's safe just to remove it.

But I don't know how to fix this with Stylish, adding rule with "list-style-image: none !important;" doesn't help.
Last edited by r21514 on November 17th, 2014, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aris

Post by Aris »

New profile + Fx 33.1.x + Private tab 0.1.7.3 + this CTR build:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqj4rn25t4ef989/CTR_v126r136.xpi?dl=0

Btw. Tab Mix Plus does not break private tab for me.

r21514

Post by r21514 »

It seems to be combination of CTR, Tab Mix Plus and UxTheme (same on win8)

Aris

Post by Aris »

Add this code to a new Stylish style.

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#TabsToolbar .tabs-newtab-button + .tabs-newtab-button {
  -moz-margin-start: 0px !important;
}

It worked for me while UXTheme Multi-Patcher 13.1 was running/installed.

But I can not include this fix in CTR, because there is no way to check in Firefox/Javascript/CSS, whether UXTheme Multi-Patcher is installed or not.
Last edited by Aris on November 17th, 2014, 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
r21514

Post by r21514 »

Yes, that helped.
BTW, tabmix/buttons-margin problem in NOT present with ClassicV2 tabs.

Thank you very much for your help, hope I didn't waste much of your time.
Aris

Post by Aris »

No, its fine.
v2 tabs are different and to try to by as accurate as v1 tabs. ;-)
r21514

Post by r21514 »

Under "UxTheme" I didn't mean 3rd party patcher, I meant windows native themes (XP, Vista/7 Basic theme).

I think there must be something to detect, because there are three types of interface:
1) Classic (2K/XP/Vista/7 with Classic theme)
2) UxTheme named after windows\system32\uxtheme.dll (XP blue-silver-olive themes/Vista Basic Theme/7 Basic Theme)
3) DWM named after windows\system32\dwm.exe and dwmapi.dll (Vista Aero, 7 Aero, 8 always - DWM always on on w8/8.1/10)
I think Firefox uses separate styles for windows 8 and higher, so 4 in total.
r21514

Post by r21514 »

I think this is the solution, worked on XP. I'll test on 7 and 8.

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
@-moz-document url(chrome://browser/content/browser.xul){
   @media not all and (-moz-windows-classic) {
      #TabsToolbar:not([currentset*="tabbrowser-tabs,new-tab-button"]):not([orient="vertical"]) .tabs-newtab-button{
      }
   }
}

UPD: Yep, works on 7 classic/basic/aero as it should.
Aris

Post by Aris »

r21514 wrote:Under "UxTheme" I didn't mean 3rd party patcher, I meant windows native themes (XP, Vista/7 Basic theme).

There is a difference, if UxTheme Patcher is installed or not, even if you are using the default themes. Once I installed UxTheme patcher on my WinXP VM the bug occured.

EDIT
Forget that one.
I just have setup a new WinXP VM, Portable Fx33.1.1 and the bug occurred. So your solution seems to be valid, thanks.

1.2.6beta15 out.
anhhuy1605

Post by anhhuy1605 »

Hi, I've just update Firefox from version 28 to 33. I used classic theme restorer to get the old look, but there's something that I can't change with the settings CTR provided:
1. decrease the vertical padding around url bar
2. change the url bar and search bar background to transparent

About the url bar/search bar transparent background. I would like it to see through like in this theme
mike20021969

Post by mike20021969 »

Aris wrote:New profile + Fx 33.1.x + Private tab 0.1.7.3 + this CTR build:

This works.

But after disabling numerous add-ons on my original profile, I've discovered there is (or I have) a conflict with ColorfulTabs again.

With ColorfulTabs disabled and CTR enabled, the buttons for open a new tab & open a new private tab are correctly placed.
With ColorfulTabs enabled and CTR disabled, the buttons for open a new tab & open a new private tab are correctly placed.

With both ColorfulTabs & CTR enabled, the buttons for open a new tab & open a new private tab are showing a space between them...

EDIT: Does this shed any light on things - I found if I swap them around, the spacing is correct.

Aris

Post by Aris »

anhhuy1605 wrote:Hi, I've just update Firefox from version 28 to 33. I used classic theme restorer to get the old look, but there's something that I can't change with the settings CTR provided:
1. decrease the vertical padding around url bar
2. change the url bar and search bar background to transparent
http://i.imgur.com/Wil1aGW.jpg

About the url bar/search bar transparent background. I would like it to see through like in this theme
http://i.imgur.com/ebOWDzT.jpg

Here is css code for Stylish add-on to achieve 1 & 2. This code does only decrease nav-bar size, if you are using CTRs movable back/forward buttons.

Alter the level of urlbar/searchbar transparancy by changing ".6" to a highter/lower value (.1= 10% / .95 = 95%).

/* smaller navigation toolbar */
#nav-bar toolbarbutton {
  padding-top: 2px !important;
  padding-bottom: 2px !important;
}

/* semi-transparent urlbar/searchbar */
#urlbar, .searchbar-textbox {
  background: rgba(255,255,255,.6) !important;
}

mike20021969 wrote:...

This works.

But after disabling numerous add-ons on my original profile, I've discovered there is (or I have) a conflict with ColorfulTabs again.

With ColorfulTabs disabled and CTR enabled, the buttons for open a new tab & open a new private tab are correctly placed.
With ColorfulTabs enabled and CTR disabled, the buttons for open a new tab & open a new private tab are correctly placed.

With both ColorfulTabs & CTR enabled, the buttons for open a new tab & open a new private tab are showing a space between them...

EDIT: Does this shed any light on things - I found if I swap them around, the spacing is correct.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/ ... d46d44.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/ ... fa9721.jpg

Wow, you are using way too many tab add-ons at once: TabMixPlus, ColorfulTabs, CTRs tabs and Private Tab button on tabs toolbar.

The code you posted before requires altering for your case. Don't exclude it for Windows classic theme on WinXP, if ColorfulTabs are enabled.

#TabsToolbar:not([currentset*="tabbrowser-tabs,new-tab-button"]):not([orient="vertical"]) .tabs-newtab-button{
}

If I add this as default code, it breaks private tab tab once ColorfulTabs add-on gets disabled.
mike20021969

Post by mike20021969 »

Aris wrote:Wow, you are using way too many tab add-ons at once: TabMixPlus, ColorfulTabs, CTRs tabs and Private Tab button on tabs toolbar.

I'm not using TabMixPlus :wink:
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Aris:

On Windows 8.1 the windows border can be seen to the right of the close [X] button on a maximized window. This happens to any maximized window not just Fx. Using your option to have an alternative background color or even using a LWT this border color kinds of ruins things. Can this border color somehow be changed to whatever the background color is whether your option or a LWT? As I'm thinking about it the other two buttons also seem to use the title bar color. It would be nice to make that the color of the changed title bar too.

In this screenshot I used your option to use an alternate background color, LWTs do the same.

Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
Aris

Post by Aris »

mike20021969 wrote:...

I'm not using TabMixPlus :wink:

Can you test this one?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/emxhpbeqm75tcm4/CTR_v126r142.xpi?dl=0

streetwolf wrote:Aris:

On Windows 8.1 the windows border can be seen to the right of the close [X] button on a maximized window. This happens to any maximized window not just Fx. Using your option to have an alternative background color or even using a LWT this border color kinds of ruins things. Can this border color somehow be changed to whatever the background color is whether your option or a LWT? As I'm thinking about it the other two buttons also seem to use the title bar color. It would be nice to make that the color of the changed title bar too.

In this screenshot I used your option to use an alternate background color, LWTs do the same.

http://i.imgur.com/jBSpQMC.jpg

The "#titlebar-buttonbox" is a fixed unchangeable ui element meant to show Windows caption buttons which can not be changed or removed.
I don't know how "#titlebar-buttonbox" is created in Firefox, but there is no way to alter its height or width. Moving it to the left/right is the only thing we can do. Less visible space on the right, means more on the left and vice versa.

If you install a custom Win7-like theme on Win8.1 or AeroGlass with different caption buttons, everything will look fine.

In my opinion this is something Mozilla should fix for the default Win8 Aero theme. Whats the status of the bug you mentioned a while ago?