[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Fx 29-56)

Post by Aris »

@Frank Lion
Are you using the method mentioned on Ghacks with a xml and js file bound from userChrome.css? It works fine, but with the announced XBL deprecation it is just a matter of time when rebinding code like this stops working.
You are right, having to clear startup cache so see changes every time is very annoying, but then again, what don't we do to get something to work? ;-)
Lets hope userChrome.css stays a little longer.

@Prof. Martelo
Unzip the latest zip release into your browser profiles chrome folder. Add-on version number is "enabled" by default.
Prof. Martelo

Post by Prof. Martelo »

Aris wrote:@Frank Lion
Are you using the method mentioned on Ghacks with a xml and js file bound from userChrome.css? It works fine, but with the announced XBL deprecation it is just a matter of time when rebinding code like this stops working.
You are right, having to clear startup cache so see changes every time is very annoying, but then again, what don't we do to get something to work? ;-)
Lets hope userChrome.css stays a little longer.

@Prof. Martelo
Unzip the latest zip release into your browser profiles chrome folder. Add-on version number is "enabled" by default.
I was trying to put in my userchrome.css...
Aris

Post by Aris »

You have to use userContent.css for modifying "about:" pages. userChrome.css is for browser ui only not for content pages.
Prof. Martelo

Post by Prof. Martelo »

Aris wrote:You have to use userContent.css for modifying "about:" pages. userChrome.css is for browser ui only not for content pages.
Thanks.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Aris wrote:@Frank Lion
Are you using the method mentioned on Ghacks with a xml and js file bound from userChrome.css?
First time I've seen that Ghacks stuff, but the method looks very similar so they probably both came from the same original source.

Don't forget, my goal on this stuff is different to yours, so I'm not bothered how long it lasts - mine is a 'proof of concept' of making a 100% working Complete Theme for Firefox 57 and it made sense to mainly use my existing code and to make it look like one of my old ones, to save making new images. Plus, it's a nice bonus for some of my selected users to have a proper theme at the end of it.

As you know, my 'new' method lends itself to userChrome.css far more than the conventional 'replacement' theme method would do. The only surprise really, was just how little Firefox has actually changed UI code-wise over the years.

So, that's another one done, just got to check my SM and T/bird themes for breakers (they only ever did on the Firefox 41(?) small buttons fiasco and I caught that on the beta releases) and then that's me for the year. :)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
BlohoJo

Post by BlohoJo »

I think I already know the answer to this, but I thought I'd ask anyway to be sure...

In Windows 7 with Aero enabled, Windows 8, and Windows 10, the location bar has a "focus highlight" around it when the user is typing in the bar:

Location bar with "focus highlight"

Location bar without highlight

I hate this. It bugs me enough to ask here if it's possible to disable it. (I probably wouldn't mind it as much if it the border thickness didn't change around the icon section on the left side of the bar.)

I did some Google searching and found 4 or 5 articles, and every single thing posted, every CSS trick and such, does not work on this. The most I can do is add an ugly glow to it.

I would think that this would be something that would be in Classic Theme Restorer by now if it was possible to disable this. Or am I wrong? :-)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

BlohoJo wrote:every CSS trick and such, does not work on this. The most I can do is add an ugly glow to it.
Here you go, put this in the addressbar and press Enter - chrome://browser/skin/browser.css

I'm sure you'd prefer to fix this yourself, so do a search there for the word 'focus' and the bit you want is just above the /* ::::: URL Bar Zoom Reset Button ::::: */ stuff and then just code that border into oblivion in userChrome.css.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Aris

Post by Aris »

Add this to Classic Theme Restorers custom CSS area:

Code: Select all

#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"] #urlbar,
#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"] .searchbar-textbox {
  border: 1px solid ThreeDShadow !important;
}
#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"] #urlbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme)[focused],
#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"] .searchbar-textbox:not(:-moz-lwtheme)[focused] {
}
Edit
@Frank, you were faster than me ;-)
I just copy/pasted this from CTR... I think this one is a bit harder for users not familiar with CTRs code, as it has a few different cases harder to override with "default" CSS code.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Aris wrote:Edit
Sorry, I was just passing. I'll let you get on with doing your Support stuff. ;)
FineWine

Post by FineWine »

Can someone provide me with the css userChrome code to slightly darken (grey) the following bars please:

OS titlbar
Menubar
Navigation Toolbar
Tabs Toolbar
Bookmarks Toolbar
Additional Toolbar
Add-on Bar

The present default & light themes are too light and the dark theme to is dark
FineWine

Post by FineWine »

Apologises, thanks to Aris Github page I found the code for; Navbar, Bookmarkbar & Findbar so just require the others.

As far as the colour choice goes I will be using different grey variants: #D3D3D3 #D4D4D4 #D5D5D5 #D6D6D6

Thanks
RazzMaTazz007

Post by RazzMaTazz007 »

Is it possible to edit the search bar below the logo via custom css code?

> https://puu.sh/yC0WH/723576016d.png

Do note I'm using Waterfox 56 with CTR 1.7.3.4 so it still has the full functionality of CTR.
Last edited by LIMPET235 on December 9th, 2017, 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image tags removed to restore the forum layout.
FineWine

Post by FineWine »

FineWine wrote:Can someone provide me with the css userChrome code to slightly darken (grey) the following bars please:

OS titlbar
Menubar
Navigation Toolbar
Tabs Toolbar
Bookmarks Toolbar
Additional Toolbar
Add-on Bar

The present default & light themes are too light and the dark theme to is dark
FineWine wrote:Apologises, thanks to Aris Github page I found the code for; Navbar, Bookmarkbar & Findbar so just require the others.

As far as the colour choice goes I will be using different grey variants: #D3D3D3 #D4D4D4 #D5D5D5 #D6D6D6

Thanks
Shouldn't have been SO LAZY. After a bit of research was able to answer all my own questions - DOH
Aris

Post by Aris »

@FineWine
No problem, forums reset notifications again and I receive any for a few days.
You can always use DOM Inspector as mentioned in OP to fine ids and classes very fast.

@RazzMaTazz007
The required code can be found inside this file. (It is not only for Fx57+)
https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSfor ... arance.css

Add the code you need to CTRs custom CSS area on prefwindow.
BlohoJo

Post by BlohoJo »

Aris wrote:Add this to Classic Theme Restorers custom CSS area:

Code: Select all

#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"] #urlbar,
#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"] .searchbar-textbox {
}
#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"] #urlbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme)[focused],
#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"] .searchbar-textbox:not(:-moz-lwtheme)[focused] {
}
Edit
I just copy/pasted this from CTR... I think this one is a bit harder for users not familiar with CTRs code, as it has a few different cases harder to override with "default" CSS code.
Sorry it took me awhile to get back... I am not regularly at the Windows 10 computer I'm trying to fix. :P

Anyways, the most I could get was a reduction of the location bar highlight to 1 pixel. I was unable to obliterate it completely.

Here's what it looks like when I use the CSS you posted:

yields

I tried a border width of 0 pixels, I tried a transparent and hidden border, finally I tried a border type of none. The best I can get with anything is a thinner border of 1 pixel wide, which is better than nothing I guess. (It does disappear from around the location bar left icon.)

yields

If anyone has any other ideas on how to obliterate it completely I'll try it.

Of course this is an extremely important issue and must be dealt with ASAP. ;P