[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Hal1900

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI) v2

Post by Hal1900 »

Aris, yes, your method worked - I was able to change the length of the urlbar and search bar, although only relative to each other. It's annoying that Mozilla don't allow the user to set the length they actually want, despite them claiming that 29+ brings greater user configuration options.

I removed the urlbar and all the icons to the right of it, and then put them back, and I was eventually able to grab the fullscreen button that was previously hidden.

Thanks for your answers, and for all your help.
blackwind

Post by blackwind »

Aris wrote:Next build will keep padlock icon for TUs pretected tabs, while "tab close" option is set to "nowhere".

Confirmed. Cheers!
/bw (Author of Reload Plus)
JethroB

Post by JethroB »

Aris wrote:
JethroB wrote:Hi Aris

I haven't noticed that anyone else had posted the following problem (but that's not to say that it hasn't and I may have missed it). I'm having a problem with the "Replace generic favicon (empty and dotted) with sheet favicon" option on the Special Tab --> General UI Tab of the Classic Theme Restorer options.

If I tick the option box, not only does it replace generic favicon (empty and dotted) with sheet favicon but it also replaces the icon for the "Home" button with the sheet favicon too. Image

I'm running the latest Nightly 33.0a1 (20140619030203) with CTR Version 1.2.1beta9 and CTB Version 1.4.1beta4 as well as the latest TMP Dev-Build Version 0.4.1.4pre.140613a1 and Colorful Tabs Version 24.3 on a fully updated Windows 7 PC.

Please provide a screenshot. On which toolbar is your home button?
Anyone else with this problem? I haven't seen this in my tests.

"Replace generic favicon (empty and dotted) with sheet favicon" option:

........ ticked ........... and ....... not ticked.

If nobody else is having this problem then could you possibly please provide me with a Stylish code to force the Home Button to use the correct favicon? Thank-you :)
Firefox: Latest Nightly (Australis)...|...Firefox Theme: Latest Default
Tab Mix Plus: Latest Dev.Build......|...Classic Theme Restorer: Latest Dev.Build
Aris

Post by Aris »

I was not aware of the home button becoming a bookmark on bookmarks toolbar. A fix will be on next build.
blackwind

Post by blackwind »

blackwind wrote:
Aris wrote:Next build will keep padlock icon for TUs pretected tabs, while "tab close" option is set to "nowhere".

Confirmed. Cheers!

Correction: Padlocks only appear on the currently selected tab in beta10.
/bw (Author of Reload Plus)
JethroB

Post by JethroB »

Aris wrote:I was not aware of the home button becoming a bookmark on bookmarks toolbar. A fix will be on next build.

Thanks Aris :)
Firefox: Latest Nightly (Australis)...|...Firefox Theme: Latest Default
Tab Mix Plus: Latest Dev.Build......|...Classic Theme Restorer: Latest Dev.Build
rebeltaz

Post by rebeltaz »

I am sorry if this has already been asked, but here are 57 pages.

A couple of weeks ago, when either Firefox or CTR updated (I'm not sure which), I lost the ability to move any elements in the Customize screen. If I disable CTR and restart Firefox, I can once again move and add/remove elements.

I tried clicking "Restore Defaults"; I tried uninstalling and reinstalling CTR; I tried shutting down Firefox and deleting localstore.rdf; I even went so far as to delete my entire profile directory and start over from scratch! Nothing has helped. I am still unable to move/add/remove elements as long as CTR is enabled.

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS; Firefox 29.0; CTR 1.2.0

ANY help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. This is an excellent addon that corrects Mozilla's MAJOR screw up (in redesigning the UI and forcing an update without our approval or even the ability to decline.)

In my opinion, Mozilla, "IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT!!!"
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

if I disable Tab Mix Plus's coloring of the tabs the gfx of the tabs goes back to glitchy...

if after I enable CTR's coloring of tabs its only partially NOT glitchy....

using latest version of CTR
Yuri Khan

Post by Yuri Khan »

I’d like to propose a couple of styling changes.

Firstly, the tab bar currently specifies a 2px padding on the left [with Squared tabs (classic)]. I suggest changing that to 0px so that it becomes possible to bump the mouse against the left edge of the screen to target the leftmost tab.

Code: Select all

#TabsToolbar { padding-left: 0px !important; }

Secondly, the option “Hide navigation toolbar” does not actually hide it. It sets the height of that toolbar to 2px, leaving a visible horizontal line. Could it be actually hidden?

#nav-bar { display: none !important; }
Purebeads

Re: Appearance of Text on Tabs

Post by Purebeads »

Aris wrote:
Purebeads wrote:When I first installed CTR in FF 29, the text on all the tabs looked the same (black on a light background). Now (since upgrading to FF 30) all tabs except the current tab have white text with a shadow background. How do I get the same black text on all the tabs?

Is it possible you enabled CTRs tab color/font settings by mistake or are using the "Mok color" options?
Either uncheck all unwanted settings manually or install latest CTR beta build and hit "Settings -> Restore defaults" on CTR prefwindow.

Couldn't find anything that said "Mok color". However, the solution was easy, and I don't know why I didn't see it before. Under "Special Tweaks/Firefox Mockup", the box "White color and dark shadow for text on non-active tabs" got checked somehow. I unchecked it, and everything is fine.

By the way, I am using Tab Mix Plus. If you would incorporate more of the features of TMP, I could dispense with that add-on altogether and just use yours. Some of TMP's options conflict with yours. I wasn't able to get the tabs in FF looking right after installing CTR until I disabled tab highlighting in TMP.

I have a 32-bit computer with 4 GB of memory, and FF keeps crashing. Any suggestion to keep it from crashing so much? I keep a lot of windows open at one time.
Aris

Post by Aris »

rebeltaz wrote:I am sorry if this has already been asked, but here are 57 pages.

A couple of weeks ago, when either Firefox or CTR updated (I'm not sure which), I lost the ability to move any elements in the Customize screen. If I disable CTR and restart Firefox, I can once again move and add/remove elements.

I tried clicking "Restore Defaults"; I tried uninstalling and reinstalling CTR; I tried shutting down Firefox and deleting localstore.rdf; I even went so far as to delete my entire profile directory and start over from scratch! Nothing has helped. I am still unable to move/add/remove elements as long as CTR is enabled.

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS; Firefox 29.0; CTR 1.2.0

ANY help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. This is an excellent addon that corrects Mozilla's MAJOR screw up (in redesigning the UI and forcing an update without our approval or even the ability to decline.)

In my opinion, Mozilla, "IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT!!!"

Either disable the option "tabs toolbar: double click opens a new tab" or install latest beta. The option will be removed for Linux anyway for two reasons:
- some Linux editions do not need it, because they already have this feature working by default (e.g. Linux Mint KDE)
- Ubuntu customizing gets broken

Melchior82 wrote:if I disable Tab Mix Plus's coloring of the tabs the gfx of the tabs goes back to glitchy...

if after I enable CTR's coloring of tabs its only partially NOT glitchy....

using latest version of CTR

No idea why this happens. Rendering is done by Firefox so I have no influence on that.
Do you have the latest graphics drivers installed?
Have you tried to disable "hardware acceleration"?
Is an AMD/ATI card in your system?

Yuri Khan wrote:I’d like to propose a couple of styling changes.

1. Firstly, the tab bar currently specifies a 2px padding on the left [with Squared tabs (classic)]. I suggest changing that to 0px so that it becomes possible to bump the mouse against the left edge of the screen to target the leftmost tab.

#TabsToolbar { padding-left: 0px !important; }

2. Secondly, the option “Hide navigation toolbar” does not actually hide it. It sets the height of that toolbar to 2px, leaving a visible horizontal line. Could it be actually hidden?

#nav-bar { display: none !important; }

Your suggestions make sense, but let me explain why CTR handles things differently it differently.

Moving tab to the border in normal view would not only be totally different form Fx28 (I reduced the space already by two px), but also cause a glitch with the rounded navigations toolbar corner.

Tabs bottom normally gets "hidden" by navigation toolbars top. Without the two px tabs look glitchy.

Purebeads wrote:...
Couldn't find anything that said "Mok color". However, the solution was easy, and I don't know why I didn't see it before. Under "Special Tweaks/Firefox Mockup", the box "White color and dark shadow for text on non-active tabs" got checked somehow. I unchecked it, and everything is fine.

By the way, I am using Tab Mix Plus. If you would incorporate more of the features of TMP, I could dispense with that add-on altogether and just use yours. Some of TMP's options conflict with yours. I wasn't able to get the tabs in FF looking right after installing CTR until I disabled tab highlighting in TMP.

I have a 32-bit computer with 4 GB of memory, and FF keeps crashing. Any suggestion to keep it from crashing so much? I keep a lot of windows open at one time.

Sorry, by "Mok color" I meant the Mockup tweaks.

CTR won't get any more tab settings. After all this add-on is not mainly a tab extension. :wink:
I have added a TMP check in v1.2.0 (or earlier?), which disables TMPs color settings once on first CTR install.

About your computer I can only recommend the obvious upgrade to a 64-bit system and probably to a new computer. Frequent crashes may be caused by corrupted RAM. Try to run Memtest ( http://www.memtest.org/ ) to check it.
Yuri Khan

Post by Yuri Khan »

Aris wrote:1. Moving tab to the border in normal view would not only be totally different form Fx28 (I reduced the space already by two px), but also cause a glitch with the rounded navigations toolbar corner.

2. Tabs bottom normally gets "hidden" by navigation toolbars top. Without the two px tabs look glitchy.

Your explanations make sense, but only in the case there is a navigation toolbar and it’s placed inside tabs. If the navigation toolbar is above the tab bar, it makes no sense to reserve these two pixels.

I understand visual similarity to Firefox 28 might be important. I wonder, however, if it’s possible to achieve that and satisfy Fitts Law at the same time.

But ok, I’ll have to live with Stylish rules, although there is a slight problem with CTR marking its rules !important, which makes them difficult to override with Stylish. I have to use this rule in Stylish (against CTR 1.2.1b10):

#main-window:not([sizemode="maximized"]):not([inFullscreen]) #navigator-toolbox { margin-left: -2px !important; }
pegasusjavea

Post by pegasusjavea »

Aris wrote:To reduce the space between appbutton and tabs in maximized mode, use this:

#main-window[tabsintitlebar][sizemode="maximized"]:not([tabsontop="false"]) #navigator-toolbox #TabsToolbar {
  -moz-padding-start: 0px !important;
  -moz-margin-start: 95px !important;
}

Adjust values more, if needed.

Now I have updated to Ff v30.0 that code does not work. The code is in userChrome.

To show the space more clearly have ticked Hide navigation toolbar.

http://i62.tinypic.com/91gytk.jpg Code Disabled

http://i61.tinypic.com/30dbcix.jpg Code Enabled
Aris

Post by Aris »

Yuri Khan wrote:
Your explanations make sense, but only in the case there is a navigation toolbar and it’s placed inside tabs. If the navigation toolbar is above the tab bar, it makes no sense to reserve these two pixels.

I understand visual similarity to Firefox 28 might be important. I wonder, however, if it’s possible to achieve that and satisfy Fitts Law at the same time.

But ok, I’ll have to live with Stylish rules, although there is a slight problem with CTR marking its rules !important, which makes them difficult to override with Stylish. I have to use this rule in Stylish (against CTR 1.2.1b10):

#main-window:not([sizemode="maximized"]):not([inFullscreen]) #navigator-toolbox { margin-left: -2px !important; }

Good point, I look into this for tabs not on top mode.

pegasusjavea wrote:..

Now I have updated to Ff v30.0 that code does not work. The code is in userChrome.

To show the space more clearly have ticked Hide navigation toolbar.

http://i62.tinypic.com/91gytk.jpg Code Disabled

http://i61.tinypic.com/30dbcix.jpg Code Enabled

Use Stylish add-on with /*AGENT_SHEET*/ in the first line of every style instead of userChrome.css.

CTR uses agent sheets for almost every registered css code. AGENT registered styles are more powerful than USER registered styles like the ones in userChrome.
Acid Crash

Post by Acid Crash »

2 Aris.
I have a suggestion for padlock icon (in URL bar).
It looks very big compared with original icon.
Can you make icon bit smaller (maybe a set of icons with an option of selecting one of them.

An another thing. It would nice to see an solid orange Firefox button, then placed on navigation panel.