[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
shdawson

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI) v2

Post by shdawson »

Aris,

Thanks for taking the time to help. I followed you instructions. CTR still does not work. Any more recommendations?

Thanks,
SHD
Aris

Post by Aris »

Could you setup a new clean profile and only install CTR?
shdawson

Post by shdawson »

Well, after a few restarts of Firefox, it is now working.

Wow, Firefox is changing a lot, often.

Thanks,
S
max2

Post by max2 »

Aris wrote:
max2 wrote:How do we move the addon bar icons closer together again please ? Thanks

Try this

Code: Select all

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#ctraddon_addon-bar toolbarbutton {
  margin-left: -1px !important;
  margin-right: -1px !important;
}

Thanks that works.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Aris wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:@Aris,

Do you have an idea of how many users of CTR there now are? Just curious.

CTR stats are open, you can look at them by clicking the average user value on add-ons page.
Users today: 383.976
Average users today: 346.725

Thanks. I had forgotten that the user data/information was posted there. #-o

Going a step further, I see the CTR is in the Top 60 in overall popularity. Also, I would venture a guess that CTR is right there with Ad Block Plus with users who have more than just a few addons installed as i doubt users like us want to have all their addon buttons either crammed to the right of the Address/Search bars or hidden in another dropdown after the hamburger button. (FYI-I have disposed of the hamburger button thanks to CTR. Halleluiah! =D> )
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
mozborg

Post by mozborg »

mozborg wrote:OS X 10.9.3 and FF 30.0, CTR 1.2 completely disables the ability to drag and drop for me in Customize mode. CTR 1.19 works fine.
When I drag with 1.2, the target location does not react at all (instead of the icons moving aside at the insert location). I originally upgraded from 1.18 to 1.20, but I have done the "Reset to Defaults" in Customize, and drag & drop still don't work in 1.2.

Could you uninstall CTR, restart Firefox and reinstall CTR. There seems to be something wrong with Fx30 and CTR update on MacOSX, because some users reported this, but I can not reproduce any of the reported issues. In fact I'm testing Fx30 for month now and even on Fx33 nothing like this ever happened to me and I'm testing on two different OSX setups.

It is also possible there is another add-on responsible, an add-on that probably is not compatible to Fx30 or to the combination CTR+Fx30.
Any chance someone on MacOSX can run such test to confirm?

I uninstalled CTR, disabled all other Extensions, reinstalled the 1.20 from addons.mozilla, problem persists for me :/ Betas also behave the same. Without CTR, Customize drag and drop works as expected, with it enabled, can't drop anything anywhere. Again, 1.19 works fine. Not sure what to try next.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Except creating a new profile you could try to...
- remove localstore.rdf (backup first)
- remove prefs.js (backup first)

No idea what is causing this issue with 1.2.0 for you.
1.2.0 and 1.2.1 betas are running fine here on OSX 10.8 and 10.9.
Ed1

Post by Ed1 »

Ed1 wrote:Aris, could you please help me restore the "Firefox" app button (which was located to the left of Tabs). It disappeared when I checked the CTR settings box referring to Panel UI button (Special tab > Special tweaks tab > Special tweaks, the first box. I toggled it on and the Firefox button disappeared. I toggled it off and the Firefox button remains lost. I can't get it back.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I have lost the app button again by toggling the Panel UI setting in CTR. This time I can't find where it is. I don't mean the hamburger styled button, but the button on the far left labeled "Firefox" which could be turned red in color. I tried Restore Defaults in the Customize window, but that didn't help.

Is this a bug in CTR? Why should toggling that setting cause the app button to disappear without coming back if toggled again?

Using CTR 1.2.1 beta 3. Also using CTB 1.4.1 beta 2.

Thanks for any help.
PimpUigi

Post by PimpUigi »

@Ed, try toggling "Show on titlebar" and "show on toolbar" a few times.

I was thinking today, about how if Firefox wasn't doing monthly releases like this, and stuck to a major numbered released like IE has, more people would try switching back from Chrome.
Like, what we have now should be Firefox 5.
Firefox 4, 4.5, 4.6 even, should have been the transitions we went through all those years. Then people wouldn't be so jarred by Australis.
Then everyone would be saying "The new Firefox is out!" and it wouldn't be like some old thing they hear month after month. That kills it.

Sorry, I got off on a tangent.

This question isn't related to CTR, but is there a way I could write a Stylish thing to make the Home button's middle click behavior be its default left click behavior?
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1641786 - Try Firefox PimpUigi Edition
Ed1

Post by Ed1 »

Thanks PimpUigi.

I found the issue. Toggling the setting for "Panel UI button appearance like app button on titlebar" causes the App button setting on the main CTR window to change to "Button disabled". I was able to get the button back by switching the drop down choice to showing the App button on the titlebar.

Maybe this is the intended behavior, but I find it confusing that toggling a setting on the Special Tweaks menu changes another setting on the Main CTR settings page. Perhaps this should be disclosed with a notation in the Special Tweaks section.
Last edited by Ed1 on June 12th, 2014, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ed1

Post by Ed1 »

I am finding that the CTR setting to combine the Reload and Stop buttons is not working.

Using CTR 1.2.1 beta 3.
PimpUigi

Post by PimpUigi »

Did you change which side the stop button is on?
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1641786 - Try Firefox PimpUigi Edition
max2

Post by max2 »

Ed1 wrote:I am finding that the CTR setting to combine the Reload and Stop buttons is not working.

Using CTR 1.2.1 beta 3.

Same here.
Ed1

Post by Ed1 »

PimpUigi wrote:Did you change which side the stop button is on?

Thank you. Moving the Stop to the left of the Reload fixed the issue! Amazing.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Ed1 wrote:
PimpUigi wrote:Did you change which side the stop button is on?

Thank you. Moving the Stop to the left of the Reload fixed the issue! Amazing.

Thats been the behavior for combining since Firefox 4.. but we all make the same error over and over ](*,) I guess the chance of getting it right the first time is still 50-50
Last edited by JayhawksRock on June 12th, 2014, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln