[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
WildcatRay

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by WildcatRay »

Aris wrote:I suggest to switch to Firefox 52 ESR as soon as possible, if CTR should run properly for a bit longer. No need to get too comfortable with Firefox 53-56 only having to switch back to Fx 52 ESR in November. ;-)

Even if developer and Nightly builds of Firefox 57+ will allow to use legacy add-ons (partly?) somehow, they will certainly break more and more stuff I most likely will not be able to fix.
The pending demise of CTR and other addons is why I have been using Opera much more of late.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
freodon

Post by freodon »

Is it possible to position menubar (File, Edit, View, ...) on the title bar (I have it enabled separately from tabs bar), next to the minimize, maximize and close buttons? It can't be selected in Toolbars -> Page 2 -> Menubar options, please add this.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Only if you are using the Firefox titlebar (Customize > Titlebar button > inactive). It is not possible on OS titlebar (Customize > Titlebar button > active).

Customize > Titlebar button > inactive
Customize > Titlebar button > active
(I've added a flexible space to menu items left in this test.)
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

Aris --- Where did you find that Google Search Button with the Colored G ? ? ... I did not see it in my Firefox, Tools, Customize
Can you provide a link where to download it ? ? Right now, I have the Firefox Default Search Box, but it does not look as good.
Thanks
Aris

Post by Aris »

It is the default Google icon on current Firefox builds. Update Firefox to see it.
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

Is it in the Firefox 52 ESR version ?
Aris

Post by Aris »

Yes, it should be.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/o ... tions/all/

-------

Some reports claim CTR 1.6.4 has higher CPU usage than 1.6.3. Can anybody confirm that? I haven't noticed anything on my system.
freodon

Post by freodon »

Thank you for your reply, Aris. However this solution does not satisfy me since there is no window's title visible on the title bar (ideally, I'd like to see both the title and the menu items on the far right side, next to _OX buttons).
Aris

Post by Aris »

freodon wrote:Thank you for your reply, Aris. However this solution does not satisfy me since there is no window's title visible on the title bar (ideally, I'd like to see both the title and the menu items on the far right side, next to _OX buttons).
There is something you can do to place everything in one line:
- make sure Firefox titlebar is used (Customize > 'Titlebar' button inactive)
- CTR prefs > Tabs > Page 1 > Tab title in Firefox titlebar
- add a flexible space to menu items left in customizing mode
- add this code to CTR prefs > Custom css code (and make sure the pref is checked)

Code: Select all

#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="normal"] #tab-view-deck #browser-panel #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[inactive="true"]:not([autohide="true"]),
#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="normal"] #tab-view-deck #browser-panel #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[inactive="true"][autohide="false"],
#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="normal"] #tab-view-deck #browser-panel #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"]:not([inactive="true"]),
#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="normal"] #tab-view-deck #browser-panel #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar:not([autohide="true"]),
#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="maximized"] #tab-view-deck #browser-panel #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[inactive="true"][autohide="false"],
#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="maximized"] #tab-view-deck #browser-panel #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"]:not([inactive="true"]),
#main-window[tabsintitlebar]:not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="maximized"] #tab-view-deck #browser-panel #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar:not([autohide="true"]) {
  margin-top: 0px !important;
}
If your window width is wide enough, tab title and menubar items won't overlap.

Aligning both to right next to min, max, close button like you mentioned is not possible with CTR.
GAPa

Post by GAPa »

I use Firefox ESR 52.0.2 and CTR 1.6.5beta3. I have noticed a problem with the setting 'Remove "Search with..." and "Visit" items'. The 'Visit' and 'Search with' items are not shown if I activate the setting. However, if I type something like 'en.wik' in the location bar and want to go to the first result, I still have to push the down key twice instead of once as if the 'Visit' item were there even though it cannot be seen.

Does this happen to everyone, or is it just something wrong with my configuration?
Aris

Post by Aris »

Yes, it does happen for everyone. Even, if those items are visually hidden, they are still present.
telzey

Post by telzey »

I'm having a problem with searching from the location bar in FF 52.0.2, CTR 1.6.5 beta 4: when there is only one search result, CTR hides it. It is still there, and I can select it by pressing the down arrow. This only seems to occur when "Remove 'Search with' and 'Visit' items if present" is enabled.
Aris

Post by Aris »

CTR only hides it "visually", it does not remove it "technically". One result should equal whatever you searched for btw. typed into location bar.
telzey

Post by telzey »

Aris wrote:One result should equal whatever you searched for btw. typed into location bar.
That's not what I see. If I type just enough for the result to be unique, then that's all I see in the location bar. In my case, I type "p" and get a full search list, then type "c", and get a shorter list, then type "f", and get no (visible) list. But my location bar still only shows "pcf", and typing return at that point will not take me to the unique URL in the invisible search result.

ETA: I just checked in FF 51.0.1, and that works as you describe. So behavior is different in 52.0.2, or possibly there is some variation in settings, though I think all the relevant ones are the same between my two installations. Same version of CTR in both cases.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Please post a screenshot of the search where that one result is ...
... visible --> "Remove 'Search with' and 'Visit' items if present" option disabled.
... hidden --> "Remove 'Search with' and 'Visit' items if present" option enabled.

Normally the popup gets only hidden, if the last result is a "Seach with [SearchEngine]" result. At least that is how it should be and still happens for me up to Fx 55.

Option disabled -> this popup:

Option enabled -> no popup.