[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by Aris »

I will look into it. You should be able to work around this glitch adding a "space" item after ABP button.
FineWine

Post by FineWine »

Suggestion: to add the menu entry of the 'Find' & 'Find Again' as a right click menu when on hover over the 'Status bar'.

Or can I do that myself via User Styles and if so what would the code be?

Thanks
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere in this huge thread, but what will happen to this extension when Firefox 57 arrives?
Aris

Post by Aris »

FineWine wrote:Suggestion: to add the menu entry of the 'Find' & 'Find Again' as a right click menu when on hover over the 'Status bar'.

Thanks
Adding those items to toolbars context menu would make them available for all toolbars not just the one at the bottom.
By status bar you mean "add-on bar", right?

It would look like this for every toolbar:
Protocol wrote:I'm sure this has been asked somewhere in this huge thread, but what will happen to this extension when Firefox 57 arrives?
If you are on Fx53+ there is a button on CTRs prefwindow regarding Fx57+. It links to this post: https://github.com/Aris-t2/ClassicTheme ... issues/299
FineWine

Post by FineWine »

Aris wrote:
Adding those items to toolbars context menu would make them available for all toolbars not just the one at the bottom.

It would look like this for every toolbar:
No I am talking about the 'Status bar' in macOS FF54.0.1 The 'add-on' bar is an additional toolbar at the bottom of the browser that I do not activate as the extension 'Status-4-evar' only uses the FF status bar along with a few other extensions.

As far as the 'Find' function appearing in all the toolbars context menu's that would not be a bad thing.
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

Aris wrote:
Protocol wrote:I'm sure this has been asked somewhere in this huge thread, but what will happen to this extension when Firefox 57 arrives?
If you are on Fx53+ there is a button on CTRs prefwindow regarding Fx57+. It links to this post: https://github.com/Aris-t2/ClassicTheme ... issues/299
Thanks Aris.

Very sad news for Firefox. I think it will be the end of the road for me.
I am already liking Vivaldi.
Aris

Post by Aris »

FineWine wrote:...
No I am talking about the 'Status bar' in macOS FF54.0.1 The 'add-on' bar is an additional toolbar at the bottom of the browser that I do not activate as the extension 'Status-4-evar' only uses the FF status bar along with a few other extensions.

As far as the 'Find' function appearing in all the toolbars context menu's that would not be a bad thing.
The "Status bar" is also added by an add-on, Status-4-Evar in this case (it does not 'restore/activate' the old one, it recreates it). Firefox itself has no bottom toolbars since Fx29, if you don't count the findbar. Anyway those entries should be also available for S4Es toolbar.
Protocol wrote:...

Very sad news for Firefox. I think it will be the end of the road for me.
I am already liking Vivaldi.
Me too, already doing many things with Vivaldi.
ultramage

Post by ultramage »

Feature request: Show 'close tab' button on pointed tab only.

I was forced to scrap "Tab Utilities Fixed", fortunately its changes seem to be persistent. There is one thing I'm missing though, the 'close tab' button appearing on tabs on-hover. Maybe add this as one of the options for "Tabs -> Page 3 -> Tab Close -> Position".

The addon hides all close buttons. It makes a black 'x' appear when hovering over the current tab, and a greyed out 'x' when hovering over other tabs. When hovering over the close button, the 'x' turns black and gains a grey rectangle around it. The relevant setting is "Options -> Tab Bar -> Show on tab bar -> [Close Tab] button -> On pointed tab only".

EDIT: Are you a wizard?! (it works great, thank you)
Last edited by ultramage on July 28th, 2017, 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aris

Post by Aris »

@ultramage
Install CTR 1.6.9b2. ;-)
FineWine

Post by FineWine »

Aris wrote:
FineWine wrote:Suggestion: to add the menu entry of the 'Find' & 'Find Again' as a right click menu when on hover over the 'Status bar'.

Thanks
Thanks Aris - latest update 1.6.9beta2 did the trick
happysurf

Post by happysurf »

Aris, the big day is now.

The Nightly 57 with Phyton UI is ready and available for testing.
Some impressions and info about this change:
- Phyton UI is much better of Australis for that many tabs and UI tweaks included in CTR are useless;
- The autocomplete popup doesn’t show a scrollbar anymore, instead it just adapts itself to the browser.urlbar.maxRichResults pref value;
- userchrome.css works fine.

Will be great start a discussion about what is possible customize with an extension and what is possible to do with userchrome.css only.
For example I need to put the search bar on top and put the RSS icon inside locationbar.
A Classic Theme Redux version is possible in the future?
Thanks.
Surf the Internet is a dirty job but someone has to do it.
Aris

Post by Aris »

I have no plans to work on or with WebExtensions at the moment, so a CTR Redux (for Fx57+) would not done by me. This might change in the future.

Your idea to collect tweaking content (what is or will become possible via CSS/WEs) for Firefox 57+ is great and I would rather like to see this in a new thread in one of Mozillazines Firefox subforums than in CTRs support forum for obvious reasons: more users would see those tweaks, more users could contribute and tweaks could be clearly arranged. I'm thinking of something like an index in the OP with links to posts providing tweaks and valuable stuff.

Search bar on top? You mean inside menubar or tab bar? That is still possible.
RSS icon in location bar might still become a default feature like star button and pocket button. Maybe a Bugzilla request might point some devs in that direction ;-)
happysurf

Post by happysurf »

Aris wrote:1.I have no plans to work on or with WebExtensions at the moment, so a CTR Redux (for Fx57+) would not done by me. This might change in the future.

2. Your idea to collect tweaking content (what is or will become possible via CSS/WEs) for Firefox 57+ is great and I would rather like to see this in a new thread in one of Mozillazines Firefox subforums than in CTRs support forum for obvious reasons: more users would see those tweaks, more users could contribute and tweaks could be clearly arranged. I'm thinking of something like an index in the OP with links to posts providing tweaks and valuable stuff.

3.Search bar on top? You mean inside menubar or tab bar? That is still possible.
RSS icon in location bar might still become a default feature like star button and pocket button. Maybe a Bugzilla request might point some devs in that direction ;-)
1. This is a sad news for me but of course I respect your decision;
2. Perfect, completely agree with you;
3. Sorry, the position on top was for Find bar, not Search bar.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Code: Select all

.browserContainer findbar, #viewSource #FindToolbar {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 0;
  position: fixed !important;
  /*width: 100% !important;
  left : 0px !important;
  right: 0px !important;*/
  margin-top:-1px !important;
  border: 1px solid #aabccf !important;
  border-top: 0px solid transparent !important;
  border-radius: 0 0 3px 3px;
}
happysurf

Post by happysurf »

Thank you, works fine and looks good, maybe the findboxes is too small in width.
I think is good for the future CSS collection codes add a small description at beginning for understand what the tweak modify.

/* Find bar on top */
.browserContainer findbar, #viewSource #FindToolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 0;
position: fixed !important;
/*width: 100% !important;
left : 0px !important;
right: 0px !important;*/
margin-top:-1px !important;
border: 1px solid #aabccf !important;
border-top: 0px solid transparent !important;
border-radius: 0 0 3px 3px;