[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
l0ser140

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI) v2

Post by l0ser140 »

Hello,
I have a troubles with navigation bar when i moving it outwards navigation panel.
It works ok when bar inside navigation or tabs panel, but inside any other panel it breaks.
Firefox 30, Arch linux.
rigsby999

Post by rigsby999 »

Just something I noticed. Using latest version of CTR (1.2.2beta6). It could be my config (cos I've changed it round a bit).

I have about 7 or 8 pinned tabs. When I restart Firefox & click on the refresh button - which does appear active when hovered - when focused on one of the pinned tabs, sometimes it does nothing and I have to put the cursor at the end of the address bar then press enter.

I wonder if it's just me or anybody else had this.

I'm using FT Deep Dark theme.

Great work Aris BTW.
Hal1900

Post by Hal1900 »

James - you have edited my post to reduce the image size. Please provide a help/guide page that explains the correct markup to use. Thanks
Aris

Post by Aris »

Hal1900 wrote:I'm afraid that the issue that I reported before, where some icons/tools in the Additional Toolbar get pushed into a submenu, still persists. See the following (sorry if this pushes the page width out - I couldn't find any markup guide on this page to allow me to limit the img width).

Even though I've removed all superfluous buttons from the right-hand side of the Additional Toolbar, the Search Engine field still gets pushed into the submenu.

I can work around this by going into the Customise Toolbar tab, removing the address or search bar, changing to a different tab, going back to the Customise tab, putting the bar back, and then exiting Customise. This resolves the issue until I restart the browser.

I hope someone can offer some advice about how to resolve it. Please don't recommend starting a new profile, as I really really would rather not do that (it took me long enough to get things as I need them as it is).

Thank you very much in advance

PS If you know how to set my image width, please let me know and I will correct it straight away.

-> PM for further investigation

Endor wrote:Hi Aris.
Another one
http://i.imgur.com/rSSTw64.png

Here it should be Menüleisten-Menü not Menuleisten-Menü

Thank you.
Mfg.
Endor

Fixed on beta 6.

WildcatRay wrote:
Aris wrote:CTR keeps growing. At the beginning all settings where on one window, then on a few tabs and now... see screenshots posted by Endor.
A description where to upload screenshots and how to attach them to your post was added to first post of this thread a while ago.

THAT is an indication of just how wrong the developers were in stuffing Australis down everyone's throats.

Keep up the good work, Aris.

Thanks.

Hal1900 wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:
Aris wrote:CTR keeps growing. At the beginning all settings where on one window, then on a few tabs and now... see screenshots posted by Endor.
A description where to upload screenshots and how to attach them to your post was added to first post of this thread a while ago.

THAT is an indication of just how wrong the developers were in stuffing Australis down everyone's throats.

Keep up the good work, Aris.

+1 (times a million) for this comment ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks.

riverman2 wrote:Use Padlock (default) without option checked for favicon?

Padlock (default) is the same padlock displayed without using the favicon in urlbar option or did you ask for a selectable padlock menu without using the favicon option?

This could be added to CTR at a later point.

l0ser140 wrote:Hello,
I have a troubles with navigation bar (ed. = urlbar) when i moving it outwards navigation panel (ed. = navigation bar).
It works ok when bar inside navigation or tabs panel, but inside any other panel it breaks.
Firefox 30, Arch linux.
http://i57.tinypic.com/35tnp.png

I will look into this.
Edit: Next build will fix urlbar, if you use CTRs 'movable b/f button' and move urlbar to any other toolbar. It won't fix the glitch, if you just move the urlbar without using CTRs 'movable b/f button', because Firefox default b/f button code (on Linux) is yet partly tied to navigation toolbar. It may change in the future like already happened on Windows. Changing this would require extra code adjustments for every toolbar every time Mozilla team changes something on default back/forward button.
To sum up: using CTRs 'movable b/f button' and the movable urlbar on next build will not cause glitches anymore.

rigsby999 wrote:Just something I noticed. Using latest version of CTR (1.2.2beta6). It could be my config (cos I've changed it round a bit).

I have about 7 or 8 pinned tabs. When I restart Firefox & click on the refresh button - which does appear active when hovered - when focused on one of the pinned tabs, sometimes it does nothing and I have to put the cursor at the end of the address bar then press enter.

I wonder if it's just me or anybody else had this.

I'm using FT Deep Dark theme.

Great work Aris BTW.

Does this also happen without CTR enabled/installed when the refresh button in urlbar is used?

Hal1900 wrote:James - you have edited my post to reduce the image size. Please provide a help/guide page that explains the correct markup to use. Thanks

You image should not extend a max width about 700px. Either reduce its size or just profide a link to the full sized image.

This forum really needs image/code autoresizers. :wink:
Last edited by Aris on June 27th, 2014, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
l0ser140

Post by l0ser140 »

Aris wrote:I will look into this.
Edit: Next build will fix urlbar, if you use CTRs 'movable b/f button' and move urlbar to any other toolbar. It won't fix the glitch, if you just move the urlbar without using CTRs 'movable b/f button', because Firefox default b/f button code (on Linux) is yet partly tied to navigation toolbar. It may change in the future like already happened on Windows. Changing this would require extra code adjustments for every toolbar every time Mozilla team changes something on default back/forward button.
To sum up: using CTRs 'movable b/f button' and the movable urlbar on next build will not cause glitches anymore.
Thanks for solution.
Perhaps it is possible to change the sequence of the toolbars? To be able move the navigation bar on second or third position from top.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Aris wrote:
Hal1900 wrote:I'm afraid that the issue that I reported before, where some icons/tools in the Additional Toolbar get pushed into a submenu, still persists. See the following (sorry if this pushes the page width out - I couldn't find any markup guide on this page to allow me to limit the img width).

Even though I've removed all superfluous buttons from the right-hand side of the Additional Toolbar, the Search Engine field still gets pushed into the submenu.

I can work around this by going into the Customise Toolbar tab, removing the address or search bar, changing to a different tab, going back to the Customise tab, putting the bar back, and then exiting Customise. This resolves the issue until I restart the browser.

I hope someone can offer some advice about how to resolve it. Please don't recommend starting a new profile, as I really really would rather not do that (it took me long enough to get things as I need them as it is).

Thank you very much in advance

PS If you know how to set my image width, please let me know and I will correct it straight away.

-> PM for further investigation

On some of my setups, namely Nightly and/or Aurora, the chevron would appear occasionally. I put the panelUI separator--the vertical line that is just to the left of the hamburger that I remove--back and to the right of any other button there in the nav bar. You can try that and see if it provides a work-around.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Hal1900 wrote:James - you have edited my post to reduce the image size. Please provide a help/guide page that explains the correct markup to use. Thanks

There are image hosting web sites where you can upload pictures and then get links or thumbnails to place in your posts here.

I used to use Imageshack, but I think it has now gone premium only. I am drawing a blank on others that have a free side. Hopefully, others can refresh my memory. ](*,)
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Hal1900

Post by Hal1900 »

WildcatRay wrote:On some of my setups, namely Nightly and/or Aurora, the chevron would appear occasionally. I put the panelUI separator--the vertical line that is just to the left of the hamburger that I remove--back and to the right of any other button there in the nav bar. You can try that and see if it provides a work-around.

I will experiment with this, WildcatRay, and report back. Thanks for your suggestion.
riverman2

Post by riverman2 »

yepp I meant a selectable padlock menu without using the favicon option^^
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

WildcatRay wrote:

There are image hosting web sites where you can upload pictures and then get links or thumbnails to place in your posts here.

I used to use Imageshack, but I think it has now gone premium only. I am drawing a blank on others that have a free side. Hopefully, others can refresh my memory. ](*,)

I found this one.... not too long ago...
http://postimage.org/
Hal1900

Post by Hal1900 »

Melchior82 wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:

I found this one.... not too long ago...
http://postimage.org/

I am happy with imgur.com, which I used in my post. I've found the BBCode Guide. My question is now, how did James obtain the 640px wide image from the imgur URL I provided?
mackeev

Post by mackeev »

Dear Aris,

I got rid of the navigation bar and have my url-bar with my tabs (immediately following the latter). There is some sort of padding (indicated) after the last tab. Could it be removed or at least whittled down a bit in userChrome.css or in any other way?

Thank you.
Endor

Post by Endor »

Hi Aris
One Question, if I stet here
to Australis default Tabs

here the neu Tab is missing:

when I set to use classic Tabs here:

the Tab neu is available:

Is this behaviour intentional?
Mfg.
Endor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
Aris

Post by Aris »

l0ser140 wrote:...Thanks for solution.
Perhaps it is possible to change the sequence of the toolbars? To be able move the navigation bar on second or third position from top.

It might be possible, but there is default Firefox code that depends on the default sequence. Tabs (on top) hide a few px of there bottom behind navigation toolbar for example.

WildcatRay wrote:...

Used to upload to imageshack too until they stopped being free user friendly. Now I switched to tinypic.com

riverman2 wrote:yepp I meant a selectable padlock menu without using the favicon option^^

OK.

mackeev wrote:http://i61.tinypic.com/315myyb.jpg
Dear Aris,

I got rid of the navigation bar and have my url-bar with my tabs (immediately following the latter). There is some sort of padding (indicated) after the last tab. Could it be removed or at least whittled down a bit in userChrome.css or in any other way?

Thank you.

Recent changes are resposible for that gap, but it will be gone on next build.

Endor wrote:Hi Aris
One Question, if I stet here
http://i.imgur.com/WDJADCn.png
to Australis default Tabs

here the neu Tab is missing:
http://i.imgur.com/aO1Y6MS.png

when I set to use classic Tabs here:
http://i.imgur.com/6AB5du7.png

the Tab neu is available:
http://i.imgur.com/qLNM5to.png

Is this behaviour intentional?
Mfg.
Endor

Yes, it is done on purpose. Curved 'new tab' tabs do not allow to be styled like squared ones, so their area is hidden. It was like this right from the beginning.
Dragolord09

Post by Dragolord09 »

I'll admit that I've found a gap between the last tab and the right end of the screen, on the tab bar, in all of your tab styles listed (only squared tabs classic and australized don't have a similar gap on the left side). Just wasn't sure until this moment if it was the fault of the current built of this addon or something else.

By the by, all previous problems that I've reported had been fixed in previous builts.