[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
FineWine

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI) v2

Post by FineWine »

Novadestin wrote:Edit: Also, to go along with the post above about restarting and having to fix the addons on toolbars, whenever I restart, a button for Theme Font & Size Changer 7.8 by Baris Derin appears next to my search and I have to remove it every time.

This has been occurring for the last few versions of FF. I have given comments via his website but no reply. Just this week I actually emailed him, still no reply.
mailto: baris@barisderin.com - Please fix the bug where having dragged the toolbar icon off the toolbar via the customise panel, it keeps returning on every restart of FF.

Also if people wish to have the icon on the toolbar then please shorten the icon text as it takes up FAR to much toolbar space, how about just T&FC

This also occurs with 'Download Flash & Video' version 1.54, I have also just recently emailed them as well.

Cheers
TillerTan

Post by TillerTan »

Aris wrote:
TillerTan wrote:...
When I launch firefox, it's ok, my extension's icons are here. However, when I reduce the window, they disappear into a submenu (it's normal), but when I maximise it again, they stay into the submenu, instead of returning to their position.

Do you have the latest beta installed and are you using star-button in urlbar when this happens?

Yes I am using the latest version (beta22).
And yes, it happens only when the star-button is in the urlbar.

Here are my settings if you want (in French sorry :))
https://stuff.stooit.com/d/1/5366106756 ... ttings.png
Last edited by TillerTan on May 4th, 2014, 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
colfer

Post by colfer »

Thanks for restoring the close button config, removed in Firefox 21 Aurora, in the CTR beta.
Was: browser.tabs.closeButtons
Now documented here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.tabs.closeButtons
TheUnspeakable

Post by TheUnspeakable »

is there any way to change the colors of the buttons on the navigation bar? Now that I have removed the horrid blue background from it the buttons are too dark so see well.
Last edited by TheUnspeakable on May 4th, 2014, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
kukla

Post by kukla »

Hi Aris, by modifying the box shadow and the transparency of these items, I've been able to get things with a bit more outlining. But since I'm relying on box shadow, I'm only getting further outlining in the tops and bottoms of boxes, not the sides, which still have the original very thin outlining. It's better this way, but still very far away from how things used to look pre-29 (Mac.) You can see how soft the outlining is here. I could make the box shadow even darker, but then it gets completely out of whack with the sides outlining, which isn't affected.

Still trying for harder, darker edges: what I don't understand and have been completely unsuccessful doing, is why whenever I modify border color to any value other than .2 (in the first set of the three modifications in the code you gave me), the outlining disappears or turns white.

Perhaps you can suggest something to get that done (or why darkening border color just isn't working, no matter what I try), which would be far preferable to relying on box shadow. I would prefer the hard edges of border color rather than box shadow. This is the original code for the first set that I'm talking about, shown un-modified with border color still at .2 and the original box shadow.

Code: Select all

toolbar .toolbarbutton-1:not(:-moz-any([type="menu-button"],[disabled],[open],#back-button,#forward-button)):not(:hover),
    toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not([disabled]):not(:hover):not([open]) > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-button,
    toolbar .toolbarbutton-1[type="menu-button"]:not([disabled]):not(:hover):not([open]) > .toolbarbutton-menubutton-dropmarker,
    toolbar .toolbaritem-combined-buttons:not(:hover) > .toolbarbutton-combined {
      border-color: hsla(0,0%,0%,.2) !important;
      box-shadow: 0 1px 0 hsla(0,0%,100%,.5),
                  0 1px 0 hsla(0,0%,100%,.5) inset !important;
    }

This is the modified box shadow

Code: Select all

box-shadow: 0 1px 0 hsla(0,0%,20%,.3),
                  0 1px 0 hsla(0,0%,20%,.3)

Apple has started in with this low contrast, dimmed idiocy also. But these buttons in Apple Mail, while reflecting the dimming/low contrast design idiocy, at least show things a bit more clearly, with harder edges. If I could get icons and buttons in Firefox to at least look like these, that would be more satisfying.

Last edited by kukla on May 4th, 2014, 12:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

FYI for Nightly users: It is possible that today's Nightly with both CTR & Status-4-evar will crash due to a couple of B2G patches that are in it. ](*,)

More here.

It may be a false alarm. Regardless, tread lightly... 8-[
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Paul Allen

Post by Paul Allen »

level20peon wrote:That is partially true. However, if you have set a "Home Page" in the Firefox options (so no blank page is loaded) then the content is focused after loading the page using the CTRL+T shortcut.
I just installed 1.1.9beta22 after you suggested to do so in the other thread, but even with the "Focus content when loading non blank page" option set in TMP it still won't focus the content but the awesomebar instead after loading the page (tested with google btw).

I did some more testing with TMP and found that you also have to set the option under Mouse Clicking "Prevent double-click on Tab-bar from changing the window size" to get the focus on Google's input field. Try that and see if it helps.
happysurf

Post by happysurf »

Aris, sometimes the Google icon of Omnibar extension disappear with the star in urlbar.
If the option is disabled the Google icon back again.
The problem is present with default theme.
Can you look at this?
Thanks.
Last edited by happysurf on May 4th, 2014, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surf the Internet is a dirty job but someone has to do it.
geius

Post by geius »

First of all thank you!

I want to suggest some improvements:

1) The bookmarks menu via the new/old bookmarks button in the bookmarks bar (the one that is the star/bookmarkbutton in australis) - please give an option in the extras to a) adjust the width and b) toggle a scrollbar for that menu.

2) The addonbar could shorten itself to the needed size - in the past I used the addon barlesque to do that (so if you need some code, that guy did it) - it just didn't get updated and produces artifacts, so if your addon could do that, that would be great.

Thank you!
tneconni

Post by tneconni »

I'm having trouble with the URL-Bar bookmark star. Previously I could just click it to bookmark a page, but now nothing happens (and by previously, I mean pre-Australis update). I have tried having the new bookmark button in the menu bar prior to selecting "add star to url" without success. I'm using plain old vanilla release Firefox.
msia2k

Post by msia2k »

I have a problem, since using CTR, i can't have that aero mini firefox button displaying anymore:

https://userstyles.org/styles/60008/min ... -windows-7

I would like to get it back working. Thank you.
VoxPopuli

RequestPolicy-1.0.0b3

Post by VoxPopuli »

CTR 1.1.9b22 is still not fully compatible with RequestPolicy-1.0.0b3: if moved to the add-on bar, its icon is frozen to the grey state - is usable though.

No problem with RequestPolicy-0.5.28.

Keep up the very good work Aris!
exas

Post by exas »

How do I get rid of this gap between the title bar and the menu bar?
http://i.imgur.com/nkTfwFb.png

Using FT Deep Dark and this addon.

I also have one at the bottom of the screen between Firefox and the Windows task bar:
http://i.imgur.com/1A3cpSu.png
This is also present in Thunderbird. Talk about looking sloppy.

Here's some more broken styling:
http://i.imgur.com/GEDHrsj.png
Note the key icon overlaps the circle (whatever it is for..).
stalks

Post by stalks »

Humble Request: Can the application button be moved 1 or 2 more pixels so it is in the very corner whilst the window is maximized?

I use this addon to restore the ability to place the cursor in the top left and double-click to exit. It is a habit of many years and would really like it to work again. However the button is just slightly away from the corner so it isn't quite as fluid a task as it could be.

Many thanks :)
Sxderp

Post by Sxderp »

I really like this addon but I am having trouble with it. I enabled the tabs and application button in the titlebar but there's a slight problem. Under the button there is no space, the tabs just touch against it and slightly overlap, additionally to the right of the window I would like the tabs to flow under the window close button, but I'm unable to get that to work. However, if I enable the menu bar (hit alt then -> view toolbars -> menubar) everything is spaced out correctly.

I would also like to get rid of the extra padding around the URL bar.

Here are pictures for reference.

What I would like it to look like:
Large Image #1.

What it currently looks like:
Large Image #2.

What it looks like with the menubar:
Large Image #3.
Last edited by LIMPET235 on May 5th, 2014, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large image/s reduced to preserve the forum layout.