[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
85rx-7se

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by 85rx-7se »

I will check those options in the morning when I boot up the XP computer.
Will let you know how it goes.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Trel wrote:I'm having a display issue.

Win 7, Firefox Developer Edition 54, CTR 1.6.4 Beta 4

The left most is how it looks now, the right (in irfan view) is how it used to look.
The nav bar got quite skinny.

http://i.imgur.com/UPqqoIg.png
Fx54+ does not keep navigation toolbars height anymore after switching to movable back-forward buttons. This was done automatically by Firefox up to Fx 53. I will add a workaround so the current "reduce navigation toolbars height" sub-option will also handle the opposite case and increase height on Fx54+ once deselected.
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

Aris, Thank you for your help. It was indeed, the options indicated in Classic Toolbar Buttons.
I don't know how Firefox decided to change them when I hit Restore Defaults in the Tools, Customize
menu, but that is when they got messed up. All back to the proper way (for me) now.
Trel

Post by Trel »

Aris wrote:
Trel wrote:I'm having a display issue.

Win 7, Firefox Developer Edition 54, CTR 1.6.4 Beta 4

The left most is how it looks now, the right (in irfan view) is how it used to look.
The nav bar got quite skinny.

http://i.imgur.com/UPqqoIg.png
Fx54+ does not keep navigation toolbars height anymore after switching to movable back-forward buttons. This was done automatically by Firefox up to Fx 53. I will add a workaround so the current "reduce navigation toolbars height" sub-option will also handle the opposite case and increase height on Fx54+ once deselected.
Working great in beta 6!
juozas

Post by juozas »

Noticed that download popup doesn't collapse after I clear the downloads. Did I miss something or this is a new bug? Appears to be firefox bug. Multiple profiles affected. Tested in profile with no addons. Same.

Screeenshots:
Before
After clearing downloads using download manager window.

CTR Settings: https://pastebin.com/TNf2YBGd
Сделано в СССР
Aris

Post by Aris »

Is this issue related to CTR? CTR is not offering any size features for downloads popup.
juozas

Post by juozas »

Not directly related with CTR as it happens in profile w/o any addons (as stated in my previous post), so a work around this issue would be helpful. dunno what is the cause, no any addon it might be.
Сделано в СССР
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

Since today Nightly ignore CTR setting for tabs bar colorization, I use hook for Aero Glass in Windows 10, today Nightly give me solid white color, Aris, any solution?
Aris

Post by Aris »

@juozas
Is this bug present on recent betas too?

@Xetmes
Looks like that white color is hardcoded now and not manageable using css. You still can add custom colors on top of it, but not hide it completely to see what is behind (like Win10s titlebars custom accent color or AeroGlass tools transparency). Because of that custom OS themes will also have problems to style Firefox 55 properly unless there will be some workaround. I just have tested WindowBlinds 10.6 with Fx 55 on Win10 (1703) and it failed to style Fx 55 too, but it worked fine with Fx 53.

On next CTR update I will restore the hidden min, max, close icons.
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

Looks like that was a bug, after respin seems to be OK again ;)
juozas

Post by juozas »

@Aris

I have installed latest CTR beta, still happens. CTR Disabled - still happens.
Profile without any addons - still same, New fresh profile - same. So CTR is definetely not the cause.

Firefox 52.0.1 running on Xubuntu, might it be os/distribution/desktop environment related? Because it might be the cause.
Dunno about firefox "betas" or anything, didn't have a chance to test them yet (Pale Moon works ok for comparison)

Might post under firefox bugs later, since all addons including CTR on other profile are disabled.
Сделано в СССР
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

Virtual_ManPL wrote:@ Xetmes & Aris ....
there was backout of offending patch, so it should works now fine.
This bug shows, that in one day we will wake up without transparency in Firefox :/
Aris

Post by Aris »

I suggest to switch to Firefox 52 ESR as soon as possible, if CTR should run properly for a bit longer. No need to get too comfortable with Firefox 53-56 only having to switch back to Fx 52 ESR in November. ;-)

Even if developer and Nightly builds of Firefox 57+ will allow to use legacy add-ons (partly?) somehow, they will certainly break more and more stuff I most likely will not be able to fix.
ChewInternetExplorer

Post by ChewInternetExplorer »

On my Nightly 55.0a1 (date code 30th March 2017) with CTR 1.6.5beta1, when the new option lockPref("privacy.resistFingerprinting") is set to true, the last closed window size is not remembered — when lockPref("privacy.resistFingerprinting") is set to the default false, the window size reverts backs to normal. :(

I know that it's not a CTR preference — just a heads-up, though. ;)