[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
abesty

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI) v2

Post by abesty »

abesty wrote:When I select "tabs on titlebar" and "button on titlebar" I get the desired result in the open window:
Large Image #1.

But then when I close that window and open another, it goes back to how it used to be before:
Large Image #2.

How can I fix this?
Thanks.

Anyone? ...
Last edited by LIMPET235 on May 5th, 2014, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large image/s reduced to preserve the forum layout.
Kanade

Post by Kanade »

Best to wait for Aris's reply....

I'm still waiting for reply for my question so yeah.
KarmaQ

Post by KarmaQ »

happysurf wrote:Aris, sometimes the Google icon of Omnibar extension disappear with the star in urlbar.
If the option is disabled the Google icon back again.
Can you look at this?
Thanks.

I've been having problems with disappearing search engine icons too. If I enter and exit customise they reappear. I've also had some issues with some extension buttons (Adblock Edge and Privacy Badger so far) not appearing on the toolbar or addon bar/status bar.

I'm going to run a new profile with just CTR and aforementioned addons and see where that takes me.
Arklytte

Post by Arklytte »

OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

I have been so incredibly frustrated ever since the v29 update dropped. It got so bad tonight that I actually went back to IE and was considering just dropping FF altogether. Thank you to the devs of this add-on for not making me take that horrific step. :) I literally made this account just to say thank you, because I wanted you to know how appreciative I am. I am so very unimpressed with the 'improvements' to v29, not least of which is the horrible new look/lack of customization (for joe average user...I mean, I could probably rip into the code and jackhammer in some solutions, but that's totally overmuscling the problem), but your solution is elegant and very welcome.

Now, if you could just come up with a fix for the horrible memory addressing issues. :) But then, if you did that, you'd be in line for a sainthood. :D :D :D

Seriously though, thank you very, very much.

Ark
jzhone

Post by jzhone »

Hi, I'd like your work and I would happy to translate it into Chinese. How should I do? I am glad to hear your reply.
level20peon

Post by level20peon »

Paul Allen wrote:
level20peon wrote:That is partially true. However, if you have set a "Home Page" in the Firefox options (so no blank page is loaded) then the content is focused after loading the page using the CTRL+T shortcut.
I just installed 1.1.9beta22 after you suggested to do so in the other thread, but even with the "Focus content when loading non blank page" option set in TMP it still won't focus the content but the awesomebar instead after loading the page (tested with google btw).

I did some more testing with TMP and found that you also have to set the option under Mouse Clicking "Prevent double-click on Tab-bar from changing the window size" to get the focus on Google's input field. Try that and see if it helps.

Thank you, that worked!
TBschen

Post by TBschen »

First off, a big thanks to Aris for this helpful addon :)
I'm not hating Mozilla's new Australis design, but the lack of customizability really bothered me!

Got a question:
(Assuming there is one) In which file is the configuration for this theme stored? I suppose it must be somewhere in the profile folder, but I only found the xpi in the subfolder /extensions.
If there isn't one, it'd be great to have it or to have an option to import/export your personal configuration for this addon :)
max1210

Post by max1210 »

The Classic Theme Restorer is working very well. I just have the problem that I can't close sub windows of firefox.

Does anyone know how to?

max
Aris

Post by Aris »

PimpUigi wrote:What's the stylish code to adjust the height of the tabs toolbar in Curved Tabs (alternative) mode?

The height does not change for curved tabs (alt) compared to default tabs. There is no change.

bludshot wrote:
Aris wrote:3. If you are talking about the loading throbber, you can install an extra addon. Links to it are a few posts above yours.

I installed Throbber Restored, but it is showing the icon half the size, and the animation isn't working. I don't suppose that has anything to do with CTR? (Maybe the size issue?) [I emailed the Throbber Restored guy as well] EDIT: He fixed the size, but the animation still isn't working (for me) yet. Apparently he is working on it though, which is amazing.

Since the throbber was part of the classic theme, maybe you would consider adding it to classic theme restorer.

ps: I am beyond impressed by how much you are responding to everyone's posts, and developing this awesome addon =D>

I have never planned to restore that item and the available add-on does the job.

marty60 wrote:..

Does this mean it's not fixable? :--) I haven't tested Toolbar Buttons 1.0 with CTR yet but the reason I haven't used it is because the icons are way better in the older version. As I said, this just started in the last two CTR betas so if I must I'll stay with beta 19.

Update: I did test Toolbar Buttons 1.0 and it seems to have fixed it. The icons aren't as good but I can live with them.

I don't even know how this bug could occur.

Currently the 'star-button in urlbar' option moves the item to nav-bar (if it is not already there) and then into urlbar. There should be no two of them.
This happens in no-time, so nobody should notice this.

marty60 wrote:..

Does this mean it's not fixable? :--) I haven't tested Toolbar Buttons 1.0 with CTR yet but the reason I haven't used it is because the icons are way better in the older version. As I said, this just started in the last two CTR betas so if I must I'll stay with beta 19.

Update: I did test Toolbar Buttons 1.0 and it seems to have fixed it. The icons aren't as good but I can live with them.

I don't even know how this bug could occur.

Currently the 'star-button in urlbar' option moves the item to nav-bar (if it is not already there) and then into urlbar. There should be no two of them.
This happens in no-time, so nobody should notice this.

But yes, it is fixable.

gaberad2 wrote:Is there any CSS that will get the Australis frosted glass effect for squared tabs?

abesty wrote:...
Anyone? ...

Already reponded here: viewtopic.php?p=13516553#p13516553

Code: Select all

/* AGENT_SHEET */
#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme)::after {
    box-shadow: 0 0 30px 30px rgba(174,189,204,0.85) !important;
}

notonymous wrote: ... can you add an option to make the panel menu button white? I have a dark windows theme and all of the buttons on my toolbar are white with the exception of the menu button.
Thanks again.

This should be possible.

Kanade wrote:...
1. I've realized the width of the tabs are a bit shorter (around 1 letter short) compared to the previous versions (here's a screenshot comparing the size: http://i.imgur.com/txWBN7r.png). From the CTR settings, it looks like I'm not able to choose specific values for minimum width as the next step from 100px is 120px... Which is too big

2. There is a small gap between the last tab and the navigation as shown in the screenshot http://i.imgur.com/gnGQEze.png. There is also a tiny gap on the other end which results in mislick (not able to click the arrow)

Is there a way to fix these changes?

1. This can be fixed. Tab width settings can also be set using about:config manually.
extensions.classicthemerestorer.ctabmwidth
extensions.classicthemerestorer.ctabwidth;250

2. The gap is only visible, if you can not scroll any further to the right. Altering tab scroll buttons sizes, paddings, margins almost everytime results in a broken ui.
Not everything can be 100% pre-Australis. If anyone knows an accurate tweak to bypass this one, it could be added to CTR.

jbob2010 wrote:I changed navigation bar icons to large size which worked OK for awhile. But after playing around with customize settings, they reverted to small size and I can't change them back. How?

Update to beta. This settings worked fine in v1.1.8 until a Fx change broke it one day.

derek89 wrote:I think I'm entering the nitpicky realm with this, but I found a very thin line under the url bar and I don't know how to remove it. I have already set the following css on #urlbar:

border:none !important;
background:none !important;

If you have good eyes, here is the image showing the line:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/30bmvqb.jpg

I tried padding it out, but then the flash icon gets messed up.

I'd also like to remove this margin that there is above the tabs, but again, I have no idea how.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/dvj8uw.jpg

It probably would be easier to help, if you would have posted your code somewhere so people can see it. Otherwise we only can guess what to do.

In your case you should also try to remove the 'box-shadow', because almost everythin on Fx ui has a box shadow theses days.
Your tabs can be moved using negative top-margins on #TabsToolbar or #navigator-toolbox elements.

XRevan86 wrote:http://storage9.static.itmages.com/i/14/0504/h_1399186692_4047839_fd535ee4ad.png
Text field of "Tab (hover)" changes colour of "Tab (default)".

You are using "squared tabs (australized)" where only active tab is colored, so CTR also offers only color settings for active tab.

JethroB wrote:...

You are right that there is an option to remove the border / move the border to the bookmarks toolbar but by utilising that option, yes, the border is removed from the top of the Navigation toolbar but by doing that, it only moves the problem border to another unwanted location. Image

The options work like intended. I'm not sure where you want to go with this. Are you requsting to remove all borders like with your Stylish code?

level20peon wrote:...
That is partially true. However, if you have set a "Home Page" in the Firefox options (so no blank page is loaded) then the content is focused after loading the page using the CTRL+T shortcut.
I just installed 1.1.9beta22 after you suggested to do so in the other thread, but even with the "Focus content when loading non blank page" option set in TMP it still won't focus the content but the awesomebar instead after loading the page (tested with google btw).

I don't know how to achieve that, but why would you need CTRs double click option when you are using TMP? TMP offers tons for click even settings.
Also open "Home Page" in a new tab is not a default Firefox setting, but provided by TMP for example, right?

merlinwisdom wrote:Aris, when I updated from CTR 1.1.9beta21 to beta22,
some kind of bug appeared.

I have two add-on bars and my add-ons are splitted between the two. Both has their own close button,
their own instance in the context menu and unique name('Add-on Bar' and 'Addon Bar') in the context menu (check image link below).

All my Stylish scripts are disabled.

http://s29.postimg.org/rds98utf7/tabs_s ... beta22.jpg

I don't know what kind of add-on bar extension you have installed besides CTR, but I can ensure you only "Add-on Bar" is CTRs.

TillerTan wrote:...
Yes I am using the latest version (beta22).
And yes, it happens only when the star-button is in the urlbar.

Here are my settings if you want (in French sorry :))
https://stuff.stooit.com/d/1/5366106756 ... ttings.png

This trick might work, because that is what I did when this glitch appeared on one of my test profiles
- disable star-button in urlbar option, restart
- move bookmarks button before urlbar, restart,
- enable star-button in urlbar option, restart

TheUnspeakable wrote:is there any way to change the colors of the buttons on the navigation bar? Now that I have removed the horrid blue background from it the buttons are too dark so see well.

You could use the icon settings from "Classic Toolbar Buttons" add-on. There is also an option for CTR planned to force inverted icons.

happysurf wrote:Aris, sometimes the Google icon of Omnibar extension disappear with the star in urlbar.
The problem is present with default theme.
Can you look at this?
Thanks.

I can only increase the time elapsing before star button is moved into urlbar, maybe that will help.

geius wrote:First of all thank you!

I want to suggest some improvements:

1) The bookmarks menu via the new/old bookmarks button in the bookmarks bar (the one that is the star/bookmarkbutton in australis) - please give an option in the extras to a) adjust the width and b) toggle a scrollbar for that menu.

2) The addonbar could shorten itself to the needed size - in the past I used the addon barlesque to do that (so if you need some code, that guy did it) - it just didn't get updated and produces artifacts, so if your addon could do that, that would be great.

Thank you!

1. I don't think there is a need for such options. You could adjust width using Stylish scripts and when do scrollbars appear in this menu? Many bookmarks cause scroll arrows to appear on top and bottom, but no scrollbars.

/*for 1.1.9b22*/
#ctraddon_BMB_bookmarksPopup {
  min-width: 200px !important;
  max-width: 300px !important;
}

2. The Puzzle Piece add-on can achieve that. Default Firefox never could shorten add-on bar by itself.

tneconni wrote:I'm having trouble with the URL-Bar bookmark star. Previously I could just click it to bookmark a page, but now nothing happens (and by previously, I mean pre-Australis update). I have tried having the new bookmark button in the menu bar prior to selecting "add star to url" without success. I'm using plain old vanilla release Firefox.

Try a new Fx29 profile with CTR1.1.9beta22+.

msia2k wrote:I have a problem, since using CTR, i can't have that aero mini firefox button displaying anymore:

https://userstyles.org/styles/60008/min ... -windows-7

I would like to get it back working. Thank you.

This add-on uses different ids, so previous userstyles won't work.
CTR offers an own small appbutton on titlebar (icon only).

VoxPopuli wrote:CTR 1.1.9b22 is still not fully compatible with RequestPolicy-1.0.0b3: if moved to the add-on bar, its icon is frozen to the grey state - is usable though.

No problem with RequestPolicy-0.5.28.

Keep up the very good work Aris!

RequestPolicy 1.0.0b3 is not really compatible to other toolbars than the top ones. I can't do anything about that. All other toolbar-creating add-ons have this issue too.
RequestPolicy-0.5.28 was part of the status-bar item and works fine because of that.

exas wrote:How do I get rid of this gap between the title bar and the menu bar?
http://i.imgur.com/nkTfwFb.png

Using FT Deep Dark and this addon.

I also have one at the bottom of the screen between Firefox and the Windows task bar:
http://i.imgur.com/1A3cpSu.png
This is also present in Thunderbird. Talk about looking sloppy.

Here's some more broken styling:
http://i.imgur.com/GEDHrsj.png
Note the key icon overlaps the circle (whatever it is for..).

You should know this add-on is mainly for default theme and doesn't play well with other themes.
But none of your "glitches" (?) appear for me on Win7-AeroGlass with CTR1.1.9b22 and "FT DeepDark" 10b18.

stalks wrote:Humble Request: Can the application button be moved 1 or 2 more pixels so it is in the very corner whilst the window is maximized?

I use this addon to restore the ability to place the cursor in the top left and double-click to exit. It is a habit of many years and would really like it to work again. However the button is just slightly away from the corner so it isn't quite as fluid a task as it could be.

Many thanks :)

Using the default theme and 1.1.9b22 the appbutton can be accessed by placing the corner in the top left. The feature you are talking about is also part of CTR.

Sxderp wrote:I really like this addon but I am having trouble with it. I enabled the tabs and application button in the titlebar but there's a slight problem. Under the button there is no space, the tabs just touch against it and slightly overlap, additionally to the right of the window I would like the tabs to flow under the window close button, but I'm unable to get that to work. However, if I enable the menu bar (hit alt then -> view toolbars -> menubar) everything is spaced out correctly.

I would also like to get rid of the extra padding around the URL bar.

Here are pictures for reference.

What I would like it to look like:
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/3c28/f ... tzp8fg.jpg

What it currently looks like:
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/0361/o ... lc4hfg.jpg

What it looks like with the menubar:
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/4197/6 ... a2jyfg.jpg

CTR does not work with all custom OS themes and there is no way to add support for all of them, because their difference when it comes to altering titlebar and titlebar content.

KarmaQ wrote:
Can you look at this?
Thanks.

I've been having problems with disappearing search engine icons too. If I enter and exit customise they reappear. I've also had some issues with some extension buttons (Adblock Edge and Privacy Badger so far) not appearing on the toolbar or addon bar/status bar.

I'm going to run a new profile with just CTR and aforementioned addons and see where that takes me.

Adblock Edge and Privacy Badger
Both icons/buttons stay on CTRs navigation toolbar and/or addon toolbar after restart.

jzhone wrote:Hi, I'd like your work and I would happy to translate it into Chinese. How should I do? I am glad to hear your reply.

-download latest beta
-open the xpi file with any zip compatible software
-navigate to locale\en-US on open options.dtd with any text editor (e.g. Notepad++ http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ )
-translate text strings between " and "
-save file and send it to me or upload it and send me a link

TBschen wrote:First off, a big thanks to Aris for this helpful addon :)
I'm not hating Mozilla's new Australis design, but the lack of customizability really bothered me!

Got a question:
(Assuming there is one) In which file is the configuration for this theme stored? I suppose it must be somewhere in the profile folder, but I only found the xpi in the subfolder /extensions.
If there isn't one, it'd be great to have it or to have an option to import/export your personal configuration for this addon :)

There is only a xpi file starting with "ClassicThemeRestorer@".
Reset, import, export features are planned for the future.
TBschen

Post by TBschen »

@Aris:
Great, thanks for letting me know!
geius

Post by geius »

Aris wrote:
geius wrote:1) The bookmarks menu via the new/old bookmarks button in the bookmarks bar (the one that is the star/bookmarkbutton in australis) - please give an option in the extras to a) adjust the width and b) toggle a scrollbar for that menu.

2) The addonbar could shorten itself to the needed size - in the past I used the addon barlesque to do that (so if you need some code, that guy did it) - it just didn't get updated and produces artifacts, so if your addon could do that, that would be great.

1. I don't think there is a need for such options. You could adjust width using Stylish scripts and when do scrollbars appear in this menu? Many bookmarks cause scroll arrows to appear on top and bottom, but no scrollbars.

/*for 1.1.9b22*/
#ctraddon_BMB_bookmarksPopup {
  min-width: 200px !important;
  max-width: 300px !important;
}

2. The Puzzle Piece add-on can achieve that. Default Firefox never could shorten add-on bar by itself.

A small misunderstanding.

Regarding 1) I suggested, that you implement an option to your addon to add scrollbars to the bookmarks menu - like in the attached screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/m4yh4bial/ And make the width adjustable without an additional addon.

Regarding 2) I suggested, that you implement an option to your addon to shorten the addon bar, so that no additional addons are needed.

Greetings

PS: Can the code, written above for stylish be used in userChrome.css? I don't want an additional addon.
tneconni

Post by tneconni »

Aris,

Your suggestion about disabling the URL Star and then restarting ad nauseum solved my problem - sort of.

The button works to bookmark a website - but it does not illuminate the star if you have already navigated to a book marked website. Is there any way for this to happen?
Sxderp

Post by Sxderp »

Aris wrote:
Sxderp wrote:I really like this addon but I am having trouble with it. I enabled the tabs and application button in the titlebar but there's a slight problem. Under the button there is no space, the tabs just touch against it and slightly overlap, additionally to the right of the window I would like the tabs to flow under the window close button, but I'm unable to get that to work. However, if I enable the menu bar (hit alt then -> view toolbars -> menubar) everything is spaced out correctly.

I would also like to get rid of the extra padding around the URL bar.

Here are pictures for reference.

What I would like it to look like:
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/3c28/f ... tzp8fg.jpg

What it currently looks like:
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/0361/o ... lc4hfg.jpg

What it looks like with the menubar:
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/4197/6 ... a2jyfg.jpg

CTR does not work with all custom OS themes and there is no way to add support for all of them, because their difference when it comes to altering titlebar and titlebar content.

I have no problem with no official release / fix. What I would like to know is if it is possible to fix and where I should be looking in order to fix it myself. I'm not quite sure which CSS id / class I should be looking at or if I need to do anything more than just CSS changes.
Prof. Martelo

Post by Prof. Martelo »

I upgrade my work PC with Windows XP from 1.1.8 to 1.1.9 and it´s missing a line (shadow?) above the add-on bar.

No other problem found so far.
kukla

Post by kukla »

Aris, should I conclude that your no reply means you can't see a way of doing this?

As you may not have a Mac to try this with, I can understand that you may not have any other ideas -- I still want to say thanks for the help you've already given this.

(If you are still interested in pursuing this, what is strange is that, after changing border color to e.g., .7, if I try to revert to .2 simply by editing only the .2 back in again, the outlining still remains absent. I have to reenter the entire CSS, including with the original .2.)