[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Mr_and_Mrs_D

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI) v2

Post by Mr_and_Mrs_D »

Hey my turn to say thanks :)

What an unpleasant surprise Australis and how pleasant yours :)

My share of bugs/glitches/uncompatibilities:

- ColorfulTabsdoes not work with the grey background at least
- The >> button appears sometimes after I right click > Customize
- the star does not become yellow on a bookmarked page (using the excellent Add Bookmark Here ² add on)
- Using the classic toolbar buttons addon (1.3.9) - have found no way of removing the margins on the buttons - not sure if related to this add on but probably

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/260513/4870435FF_with_classic_theme_COMMENTS.jpg Killed the image because it was too big for the forum format. Click here --Loudnoise

Thanks again :)

PS: windows 7 with classic theme (aka 98 theme)
Last edited by Mr_and_Mrs_D on May 6th, 2014, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psxlover

Post by psxlover »

This is what I am using in order to get tabs on bottom the way I want it.
Stylish was loading before Classic Theme Restorer for me so I had to leave tabs on top to not set in Classic Theme Restorer and use moz-box-ordinal-group to get tabs on bottom.
This removes the blank above the nav bar and the blank before the first tab and also shortens the nav-bar in order to not overlap the window controls.

Code: Select all

#TabsToolbar {
    /* Move tabs on bottom */
    -moz-box-ordinal-group:10000!important;
    /* Remove the gap on the left of the first tab */
    margin-left: -12px !important;
    /* Space for the window controls */
    margin-right: -125px !important;
    /* Needed for normal sizemode (else there is a big gap) */
    margin-top: 0px !important;
}

#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #TabsToolbar {
    margin-right: -128px !important;
}

#main-window[sizemode="normal"] #TabsToolbar {
    margin-right: -125px !important;
}

#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #nav-bar {
    /* Remove the gap on the right of the tab group that is caused by the window controls */
    margin-right: 106px !important;
}

#main-window[sizemode="normal"] #nav-bar {
    /* Remove the gap on the right of the tab group that is caused by the window controls */
    margin-right: 101px !important;
}

Could you do something like this for the tabs on bottom option of the Classic Theme Restorer?
FineWine

Post by FineWine »

NobleUplift wrote:Pressing the tab groups button and then exiting the tab groups display causes the fullscreen button to clip into whatever is there:

I also have Mac OS 10.9.2 using FF29 and this only occurs for me if I tick 'Tabs in titlebar (about:config) CTR setting. Also the left hand traffic lights drop down very nearly on top of the icons directly under them. Plus the border line that is used with Tabs on top appears and slices right through the traffic lights and the fullscreen button. Also the current site text in the Titlebar disappears. With 'Tabs in titlebar (about:config)' not ticked all is well again including the reappearance of the current site text in Titlebar. Hope this makes sense.

NobleUplift wrote:The "Buttons" and "Mode" options clip into the add-on bar. Also, the add-on bar does not match the whole width of the customize pane (you can see it fall short on the left):

Was getting this upto FF29 but I also started a fresh profile with CTR 1.1.9 and then again with FF29 release. I always tend to do a fresh profile with each whole number FF release, I find it just saves allot of hassle and is good FF housekeeping.
djp1gbr

Post by djp1gbr »

First, thanks for producing CTR and putting the tabs back where they belong, as well as all the other tweaks.

There seems to be a side-effect on the Zotero add-on. In the default split-window view for Zotero, setting 'Tabs not on top' causes the Zotero toolbar to move from the top of its pane to the bottom. In tab mode (i.e. Zotero occupies the full tab) it's fine.
Windows 7 (two computers), CTR 1.1.8, Zotero 4.0.20.2, Firefox 29.0
MarkRH

Post by MarkRH »

Mr_and_Mrs_D wrote:Hey my turn to say thanks :)

What an unpleasant surprise Australis and how pleasant yours :)

My share of bugs/glitches/uncompatibilities:

- ColorfulTabsdoes not work with the grey background at least
- The >> button appears sometimes after I right click > Customize
- the star does not become yellow on a bookmarked page (using the excellent Add Bookmark Here ² add on)
- Using the classic toolbar buttons addon (1.3.9) - have found no way of removing the margins on the buttons - not sure if related to this add on but probably

Thanks again :)

PS: windows 7 with classic theme (aka 98 theme)

My star in the URL bar turns yellow with bookmarked items. I also use Add Bookmark Here ² (v. 29.0.20140506 that was updated today) I am also running Windows 7 Pro with the classic theme. Click the Firefox config link in my sig to see the various versions of CTR, CTB and everything else.
Keavon

Post by Keavon »

There's an issue where hovering over a menu item in the orange Firefox menu doesn't pop up unless you hover over the arrow ►. These were combined pre-Australius.

Hover over the arrow ► and the menu pops out:

Hover over the text and the background is highlighted but it does not pop the menu out:

Using Windows 7 x64 Professional with Aero Glass. This issue is really annoying and I'd appreciate it if it could be fixed. Other than this issue, this add-on saved me from switching to Chrome. Many kudos!
cnwinger

Post by cnwinger »

The "combine reload and stop button" doesn't seem to work? they stay as separate buttons when you use them outside of the address bar.
Keavon

Post by Keavon »

cnwinger wrote:The "combine reload and stop button" doesn't seem to work? they stay as separate buttons when you use them outside of the address bar.

I had the same issue. Read the original post and it answers your question. Place them like ×↻, not ↻× and enable it in the options (it's in the primary tab).
Last edited by Keavon on May 6th, 2014, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cnwinger

Post by cnwinger »

Keavon wrote:
cnwinger wrote:The "combine reload and stop button" doesn't seem to work? they stay as separate buttons when you use them outside of the address bar.

I had the same issue. Read the original post and it answers your question. Place them like ×↻, not ×↻ and enable it in the options (it's in the primary tab).

perfect, thanks.
SSweeorgch

Post by SSweeorgch »

Using Firefox Nightly and CTR 1.2.0beta 3, there are duplicate hamburger menus, right next to each other. The duplicate menus do not always show up, but are more often present than not. The left menu actually works (is clickable), but the right menu doesn't do anything when clicked.
DuhhUhh

Post by DuhhUhh »

DuhhUhh wrote:Hi All,

Like most people, I upgraded to FF29 and am trying to wrangle the new UI to my liking. Got most of the way with CTR but still have issues.

I'm using Personas with a simple Black and Grey theme, but get a semi-transparent grey add-on bar and grey outline around the location bar, buttons, and search bar. No matter which Personas theme I choose, the "grayness" persists. Even if I removed all the buttons, location and search bars, I still get a grey stripe.

Here's a pic with toolbars and buttons
http://imgur.com/9f7jYUo

...and here's without
http://imgur.com/uVHtLtP

I would simply like to change the color to black on the OSX version of FF29. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I see what the problem is. Every Persona adds this "grayness" to navigation toolbar and bookmarks toolbar leaving tabs toolbar 'clean'.
CTR moves the clean tabs toolbar below the others, but the Persona does not know the tabs toolbar is there.
You could remove this greyness:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[tabsontop="false"]:-moz-lwtheme #navigator-toolbox toolbar {
  background:none !important
}

Awesome!!!

http://imgur.com/ANfiG2m

How about the add-on bar? I tried to fix it searching through userstyles.org, but I'm a dumbass and can't figure it out.
Guess I could just turn it off if it's too much trouble.

Thanks
rusty09

Post by rusty09 »

Thank you for making Classic Theme Restorer.

Is there anyway to make the top of the browser look dark blue in Windows 7 like it was before Firefox released version 29? My toolbars are the same color as the browser header, and the same color confuses things.
JethroB

Post by JethroB »

Aris wrote:
JethroB wrote:...

Yes, that's exactly what I am asking. I'm asking for a CTR option to remove the borders. I'm sorry if my choice of words were a little confusing in my previous requests. What I am basically trying to achieve is the Windows AeroGlass for the Navigation and Bookmarks toolbars with no borders top or bottom of either toolbar. This is what I had with FF28 without using any Stylish codes to achieve.

Cheers :)

I planned to make a group of this 'tabs not on top + AeroGlass' options on prefwindow anyway, so I can add one more option to them.
-> already is on my todo list.

Thanks Aris. It would be very much appreciated if you could do that for me.

Cheers :)
Firefox: Latest Nightly (Australis)...|...Firefox Theme: Latest Default
Tab Mix Plus: Latest Dev.Build......|...Classic Theme Restorer: Latest Dev.Build
edale

Post by edale »

Is there a way to separate the refresh button from the address bar, so I can move it to the left side, by the back and forward buttons? I'd like to keep the stop button where it is however. I've had it setup this way for a while, and keep going by the back/forward arrows to refresh the page...
Oomingmak

Post by Oomingmak »

Aris wrote:By the time this article was written CTR was in its very early stages. Now some of these option are included into general ui, so they can be accessed like before (e.g. Addon bar).

To hide the item from context menu use this code in Stylish, but it also may work in userChrome.css

#toggle_ctraddon_extra-bar,
    #toggle_ctraddon_addon-bar {
        display: none !important;
    }

Thank you. That code did the job perfectly.

By the way, it worked for me in userChrome.css, so I didn't need to put it into Stylish.