[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Customize UI) #2

Post by Aris »

FineWine wrote:I use and have done for years, CuteButtons - Crystal SVG by ChoGGi but his code keeps over-riding other extensions Tools MenuItem Label Icon's, including CTR. I have sent him various emails by various means but with no result. I know he is updating his Add-on because he just updated it on August 14 to version 0.3.9.

My question is: can I over-ride his icon and point Firefox to the original CTR icon using userChrome.css? if so what would that code be? If this works I would then be doing this to several other extensions:TMP+, ChromEdit Plus to name two.

This should be possible, but you need to find the exact code Crystal SVG is using for the specific icon or you may not be able to override all icons properly.

Example for some of CTRs appmenu icons

Code: Select all

/*AGENT_SHEET*/

#main-window   #appmenu-popup #appmenu_print_popup,
#main-window   #appmenu-popup #appmenu_print{
     list-style-image:url("chrome://classic_theme_restorer/content/images/appmenu_print.png") !important;
  -moz-image-region: rect(0px, 16px, 16px, 0) !important;
   }
#main-window   #appmenu-popup #appmenu-quit{
     list-style-image:url("chrome://classic_theme_restorer/content/images/appmenu_close.png") !important;
   }
#main-window   #appmenu-popup #appmenu_bookmarks{
     list-style-image:url("chrome://classic_theme_restorer/content/images/appmenu_bookmarks.png") !important;
   }
#main-window   #appmenu-popup #appmenu-editmenu-cut,
#main-window   #appmenu-popup #appmenu-cut{
     list-style-image:url("chrome://classic_theme_restorer/content/images/appmenu_cut.png") !important;
   }
#main-window   #appmenu-popup #appmenu-editmenu-copy,
#main-window   #appmenu-popup #appmenu-copy{
     list-style-image:url("chrome://classic_theme_restorer/content/images/appmenu_copy.png") !important;
   }
#main-window   #appmenu-popup #appmenu-editmenu-paste,
#main-window   #appmenu-popup #appmenu-paste{
     list-style-image:url("chrome://classic_theme_restorer/content/images/appmenu_paste.png") !important;
   }

PhiliP190 wrote:Would you please implement "Fly over a tab to select it" in order me not to use TabmixPlus anymore (no conflict anymore) ?

Please :).

I don't think this is something for CTR, but I will look into it. (no when or if it will be added to CTR for now). :wink:

robertgf wrote:Hello,
This is the first time I am posting in this forum, so I apologize if I make mistakes.
I am using FF 39.0.3 on Ubuntu Linux, and of course the latest Classic Theme Restorer. I notice that, on the toolbar, at the right of the search bar, some icons are missing : specifically, those on the right of the "Start a conversation" icon : did I make a mistake in configuring Classic Theme Restorer ?

icons with Classic Theme Restorer enabled:
http://i.imgur.com/s2OxGsp.png

icons with Classic Theme Restorer disabled:
http://i.imgur.com/ddf9fcg.png

Best regards
R. Grasso

Could you list all add-ons, that add buttons to your toolbar?
Also move all non-default buttons to another toolbar to see, if something changes.
FineWine

Post by FineWine »

FineWine wrote:I use and have done for years, CuteButtons - Crystal SVG by ChoGGi but his code keeps over-riding other extensions Tools MenuItem Label Icon's, including CTR. I have sent him various emails by various means but with no result. I know he is updating his Add-on because he just updated it on August 14 to version 0.3.9.
My question is: can I over-ride his icon and point Firefox to the original CTR icon using userChrome.css? if so what would that code be? If this works I would then be doing this to several other extensions:TMP+, ChromEdit Plus to name two.

Aris wrote:This should be possible, but you need to find the exact code Crystal SVG is using for the specific icon or you may not be able to override all icons properly.

Thanks but would not something like this work in userChrome.css or as a style

ctraddon_tools_menu_entry   {
     list-style-image:url("chrome://classic_theme_restorer/content/images/appmenu_ctr.png") !important;
     -moz-image-region: auto; !important;
}

I wonder if there is an 'if' statement, say, using javascript, that the author could use that says that if there is an extension menuItem label-icon already present then do not over-ride? just a thought
PhiliP190

Post by PhiliP190 »

Aris wrote:I don't think this is something for CTR

You've already "Two clicks to open new tab...and i missed that it would be great "one click on tab to close it".

Aris wrote:I will look into it. (no when or if it will be added to CTR for now). :wink:

Hope :mrgreen: !
Last edited by PhiliP190 on August 22nd, 2015, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
French guy.
Aris

Post by Aris »

FineWine wrote:...

Thanks but would not something like this work in userChrome.css or as a style

ctraddon_tools_menu_entry   {
     list-style-image:url("chrome://classic_theme_restorer/content/images/appmenu_ctr.png") !important;
     -moz-image-region: auto; !important;
}

I wonder if there is an 'if' statement, say, using javascript, that the author could use that says that if there is an extension menuItem label-icon already present then do not over-ride? just a thought

If you use the correct code in Stylish it should work. I never check, if code works in userChrome.css. Anyway Crystal SVG does not override icons of menuitems that open CTRs prefwindow for me.

Your code is a bit too weak and may not work without Stylish and other modification.

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
* #ctraddon_tools_menu_entry   {
  -moz-image-region: auto !important;
}

PhiliP190 wrote:
Aris wrote:I don't think this is something for CTR

You've already "Two clicks to open new tab...and i missed that it would be great "one click on tab to close it".

'Double click on tabs toolbar to open a new tab' was a feature previous Firefox versions offered till Fx29. Only because of that it is in CTR.

I can offer you a user script to achieve "tab closing with on click".

- install "uc" add-on https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/uc/ or "userChromeJS" add-on http://userchromejs.mozdev.org/
- goto to your Firefox profile folder and create a subfolder \chrome\ (if not already there)
- create a new text file inside that folder
- add the following script to it

document.getElementById("TabsToolbar").addEventListener("click", function CloseClick(e) {

if(e.button==0 && e.target.localName == "tab"
      && e.target.localName != "toolbarbutton"
        && e.target.localName != "arrowscrollbox"
         && e.originalTarget.getAttribute("anonid") != "scrollbutton-up"
           && e.originalTarget.getAttribute("anonid") != "scrollbutton-down"
            && e.originalTarget.getAttribute("anonid") != "close-button")
   {
      BrowserCloseTabOrWindow();
   }

}, false);

- save the file as e.g. "clicktoclose.uc.js" (not as "clicktoclose.uc.js.txt")
- restart browser

--> clicking any tab should close it.
PhiliP190

Post by PhiliP190 »

Aris wrote:...--> clicking any tab should close it.

<<It does !

Thank you very much =D> =D> =D>
Last edited by PhiliP190 on August 23rd, 2015, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
French guy.
FineWine

Post by FineWine »

[quote="Aris"]Your code is a bit too weak and may not work without Stylish and other modification.

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
* #ctraddon_tools_menu_entry   {
  -moz-image-region: auto !important;
}

That code worked an obsolute treat =D> Now I just have to work on some others that are being over-ridden. Have found out from 'oneman' that TMP for Mac OS Firefox does add an icon. I kindly asked if he would :)

Thank you Aris :D
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

Virtual_ManPL wrote:and let's hope it's the last change and Fx42 should has the same appearance like Fx43 per near uplift.
FYI - patch from Bug 1189704 - Identity block, separator and URL move when URL is edited also landed on Fx42 now.
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Are you sure the change landed in todays Fx42 build? I have not changed anything in CTR yet and identity box alignment is not broken for mov. back forward button or small button mode, although CTR uses different code for Fx42 and Fx43.
notonymous

Post by notonymous »

Aris wrote:
notonymous wrote:
notonymous wrote:[Posted Fri 27th Mar 2015 8:42am]
I have Fx configured to notify me of [Aurora] updates but to let me select when I download and install them. After a download and installation is complete, Fx normally (i.e. without CTR installed) displays a little white arrow on a green background over the hamburger icon indicating that a restart is required. However, with CTR installed, the green background is missing.

This problem seems to have returned with the latest version of Aurora 42.0a2 (buildID 20150821004008) and CTR (1.3.8beta3). In fact, I don't see anything at all overlaying the hamburger icon.

I will look into that. Edit: Next build will fix that. Seems CTRs movable panel menu button clone missed the "never" badge-button class to joind the party. Did Fx release or beta also offered such badge notifications on panel menu button or was it DevEdition/Nightly only?

Thanks, fixed in CTR 1.3.9beta2 (on Aurora 42.0a2).
m8r

Post by m8r »

FF 40
CTR 1.3.9B2

old CTR can remove by checking this option
toolbars(2)>
bookmarks toolbar:add top border to toolbar(tabs not on top) or
Top toolbars:remove toolbar borders(tabs not on top)
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

Aris wrote:Are you sure the change landed in todays Fx42 build? I have not changed anything in CTR yet and identity box alignment is not broken for mov. back forward button or small button mode, although CTR uses different code for Fx42 and Fx43.
Yes, per https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1189704#c23, but maybe you're already fix it beforehand. ;)
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Aris

Post by Aris »

m8r wrote:http://i.imgur.com/EynJOK8.png
FF 40
CTR 1.3.9B2

old CTR can remove by checking this option
toolbars(2)>
bookmarks toolbar:add top border to toolbar(tabs not on top) or
Top toolbars:remove toolbar borders(tabs not on top)

1.3.9b3 will hide that line again on W10, if one of the mentioned options is enabled.

Virtual_ManPL wrote:
Aris wrote:Are you sure the change landed in todays Fx42 build? I have not changed anything in CTR yet and identity box alignment is not broken for mov. back forward button or small button mode, although CTR uses different code for Fx42 and Fx43.
Yes, per https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1189704#c23, but maybe you're already fix it beforehand. ;)

Lets see how things are on todays Aurora build.

Edit: Looks like code uplift was not in yesterdays Aurora after all. Todays Fx42 builds needed the code Fx43 uses. New beta is online.
Arrenega

Post by Arrenega »

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been answered, or if it's a question that has an obvious answer, but seeing as I don't know it, I thought about going to the source and asking it, rather than keeping ignorant.

In "General UI (2)" there is an option of "Inverted Icons" I have no idea what it does, or what its usefulness it, I tried using it before, but saw no change in my browser.

Can you please let me know what it does?

Thank you.
Aris

Post by Aris »

This option replaces the default "dark" button icons with their "white" counterpart Firefox uses for dark lw-themes by default. Means, you can get white icons all the time.
msia2k

Post by msia2k »

It seems the new defauult tab line separation is barely visible now, with the new FX43 build.