[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
streetwolf

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Customize UI) #2

Post by streetwolf »

I'll play with the code.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
cnwinger

Post by cnwinger »

Is there a way to re-color the main firefox bar with this addon? Am I just missing it? I see a way to change almost everything else, but I want to change the main firefox bar color from light blue to something darker:

there's an obvious option to change the active tab color, but then there is a jarring color difference between that and the main menu bar color behind my ABP and LastPass icons:

I tried some Stylish styles, but none of them seem to work correctly with the new FF version and this CTR addon.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
felix1088

Post by felix1088 »

I'm on 1.2.6beta17

The Activity Indicator (throbber) no longer spins and I have it ticked under the General UI menu. Ticking it and then unticking it seems to free it for a little while and then it no longer spins again.

Should I just un-tick it permanently and use the Throbber plug-in, separately?
Aris

Post by Aris »

cnwinger wrote:Is there a way to re-color the main firefox bar with this addon? Am I just missing it? I see a way to change almost everything else, but I want to change the main firefox bar color from light blue to something darker:

http://i.imgur.com/wZTluHA.jpg

there's an obvious option to change the active tab color, but then there is a jarring color difference between that and the main menu bar color behind my ABP and LastPass icons:

http://i.imgur.com/BwY9bec.jpg

I tried some Stylish styles, but none of them seem to work correctly with the new FF version and this CTR addon.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

There are currently no plans to add color/text preferences for toolbars, maybe in the future. However, you can add this code to Stylish to achieve what you are looking for:

Code: Select all

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
toolbar:not(#TabsToolbar):not(#toolbar-menubar) {
  background: #65686d !important;
}
toolbar:not(#TabsToolbar):not(#toolbar-menubar) .toolbarbutton-text {
  color: #ffffff !important;
}

felix1088 wrote:I'm on 1.2.6beta17

The Activity Indicator (throbber) no longer spins and I have it ticked under the General UI menu. Ticking it and then unticking it seems to free it for a little while and then it no longer spins again.

Should I just un-tick it permanently and use the Throbber plug-in, separately?

No problems here so far, I've tested the activity indicator for a while. Could you run CTR 1.2.6 in a new profile or in Portable Firefox?
You can of course use the separate Throbber add-on, if it runs better for you.
Snappy Phoenix

Post by Snappy Phoenix »

I was on 1.2.5 and there is a bug, randomly, the X button would disappear from the first tab, if I switch between another tab and go back to it, it re-appears.....

Just updated to 1.2.6 I don't know if that would fix this glitch but I'll have to see...

Alienware 18 | i7 4940MX @ 4 GHz | Dual nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M SLI | 32 GB 1866 MHz RAM
2x Samsung 850 PRO 1TB SSDs + 840 EVO 1 TB mSATA SSD in RAID 0 | Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)
Aris

Post by Aris »

Are you sure this is a CTR issue?
Does the close button stay, if you switch back to default curved tabs or disable CTR?
You are also using the "white color for tab buttons" option. Try to disable it.
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

@ MaXimus666 - It's this issue
Virtual_ManPL wrote:[...]I find it that first tab won't get a close button if you open next tabs in background, unless you select a new opened tabs first.
and not easy and fast workaround yet

Just deal with it or if you want you can disable "Hide for one visible tab" in "Tabs" tab.
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Aris

Post by Aris »

@Virtual_ManPL
How can I reproduce this issue? Is this a known Firefox problem?

There is always a "close tab" icon on all tabs with a certain min-width here, even without CTR.
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

Hey Aris :)

I've small request :P Can You please change behavior of "Help" option in Appbutton menu, atm, when You open appmenu and click "Help" You will be redirected to Mozilla Help site, this is bit annoying, since in sub menu there is exactly same option for help page, would be cool if click on "help" open only sub menu :)

Thanks.
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

@Aris - Hmmm... looks like it's fixed either in Nightly or in Classic Theme Restorer,
as I can't reproduce it anymore with Nightly 36.0a1 (2014-11-21) and Classic Theme Restorer 1.2.6

but to reproduce it:
1. Have only one tab open in the Firefox window
2. Open 1 or more tabs in the background
and close button on the first tab won't be visible, to see it you need to select other tab, so the tab view will be refreshed and close tab button will be added also to the fist tab

Classic Theme Restorer settings:
Tab close - On all tabs (forced)
Hide for one visible tab - enabled
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Xetmes wrote:Hey Aris :)

I've small request :P Can You please change behavior of "Help" option in Appbutton menu, atm, when You open appmenu and click "Help" You will be redirected to Mozilla Help site, this is bit annoying, since in sub menu there is exactly same option for help page, would be cool if click on "help" open only sub menu :)

Thanks.

This happens on purpose, so appmenus main features are accessible with one click. You can disable the clickable menuitems on CTRs prefwindow, if you like.

Virtual_ManPL wrote:@Aris - Hmmm... looks like it's fixed either in Nightly or in Classic Theme Restorer,
as I can't reproduce it anymore with Nightly 36.0a1 (2014-11-21) and Classic Theme Restorer 1.2.6

but to reproduce it:
1. Have only one tab open in the Firefox window
2. Open 1 or more tabs in the background
and close button on the first tab won't be visible, to see it you need to select other tab, so the tab view will be refreshed and close tab button will be added also to the fist tab

Classic Theme Restorer settings:
Tab close - On all tabs (forced)
Hide for one visible tab - enabled

Good to know you can not reproduce this anymore too. ;-)
Snappy Phoenix

Post by Snappy Phoenix »

Aris wrote:@Virtual_ManPL
How can I reproduce this issue? Is this a known Firefox problem?

There is always a "close tab" icon on all tabs with a certain min-width here, even without CTR.

I guess it's an FF issue not CTR since it also happens with CTR disabled :( also one thing I don't like and again that's an FF issue, if you have many tabs open, the X button disappears to fit in more tabs at one on the tab bar :( until you close a few, then they would start having the Xs next to the tab again.

That's one thing I like about Chrome and it's the only thing really, no matter how many tabs you have open, you can always close any tab as they will all have the X button on them without even having to click on the tab first to select it.
Alienware 18 | i7 4940MX @ 4 GHz | Dual nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M SLI | 32 GB 1866 MHz RAM
2x Samsung 850 PRO 1TB SSDs + 840 EVO 1 TB mSATA SSD in RAID 0 | Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)
Aris

Post by Aris »

MaXimus666 wrote:...
also one thing I don't like and again that's an FF issue, if you have many tabs open, the X button disappears to fit in more tabs at one on the tab bar :( until you close a few, then they would start having the Xs next to the tab again.

Select CTRs option to force "X" on all tabs and restart Fx.
cnwinger

Post by cnwinger »

Aris wrote:There are currently no plans to add color/text preferences for toolbars, maybe in the future. However, you can add this code to Stylish to achieve what you are looking for:

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for.

However, there appears to be a row 1 pixel high at the bottom of the bar that is still light blue:

is this something I can also change in Stylish?
treboralmasy

Post by treboralmasy »

I've noticed when using 'classic theme restorer' I'll get 'tearing'.
It seems to do it randomly regardless of settings or enabling disabling things (I didn't test every though).
Pic (the tearing is to the right of the open tab):

It won't just do it to the right of the tab though, it'll do it everywhere.
For example while typing this, it appeared right in the middle of the address bar (in the bookmark that says 'Performance reports:') :