[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
avada

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by avada »

pintassilgo wrote: No search suggestions appear in addressbar popup list.
Nope. They do appear.
pintassilgo

Post by pintassilgo »

Not here. I have something that blocks their display, but I'm too lazy to check what it is.
#Sun-Glasses

Post by #Sun-Glasses »

Another bug on macOS:

When I put icons in the add-on bar and click on them, there appears to be a gap between the icon and its pop-out menu (if there is a pop-out, well understood). Example:

Put the "Forget History" icon in the add-on bar, then click it. I see a gap between the icon and its corresponding pop-out menu, as if the two were ripped apart.

This happens both with and without lightweight theme. It doesn't matter if the browser is in fullscreen mode or not. It happens with pop-outs of icons of other add-ons as well, not only with the default buttons.

Please have a look into this, Aris.
Aris

Post by Aris »

avada wrote:...
Maybe it's not worth supporting central anymore? It's for only that six weeks, after which they're going to undo most (all?) photon crap when they push the new version to beta.
There won't be a stable version with Photon UI where CTR can run on anyway...
I thought about that, but people still use Fx 56 Nightly as their main browser and want CTR to work, although some settings on Nightly are already gone (e.g. old search), because they are not worth fixing or not possible to fix. In my opinion everybody who likes to use CTR should move to Firefox 52ESR better sooner than later.
pintassilgo wrote:...

My steps to reproduce the issue once more:

Firefox Profile Manager (-p), new profile, start it.
Install CTR 1.6.7, restart.
CTR settings, check "Alternative appearance (classic)", restart.
Close Firefox, replace new places.sqlite with my 105MB places.sqlite, open Firefox.
New tab, Ctrl+V with "resource:///modules/PlacesUIUtils.jsm", quickly Enter, immediately loads the URL.
browser.search.suggest.enabled to false, repeat previous step, delay before loads the URL. Reproduced.

I recorded two GIFs, with and without the issue.

Without the issue:
https://i.imgur.com/FjlaeuE.gif

With the issue (delay):
https://i.imgur.com/3heHjcR.gif
I might have found what is causing the glitch (-> outdated code for the popup). Next beta will contain some changes to hopefully fix this issue for good.
#Sun-Glasses wrote:Another bug on macOS:

When I put icons in the add-on bar and click on them, there appears to be a gap between the icon and its pop-out menu (if there is a pop-out, well understood). Example:

Put the "Forget History" icon in the add-on bar, then click it. I see a gap between the icon and its corresponding pop-out menu, as if the two were ripped apart.

This happens both with and without lightweight theme. It doesn't matter if the browser is in fullscreen mode or not. It happens with pop-outs of icons of other add-ons as well, not only with the default buttons.

Please have a look into this, Aris.
If you are not using CTRs text modes, those popups should work fine. Panel popups are attached to the icon (not to the button), so removing the icon forces them to fail especially in add-on bar. Otherwise it looks like this for me:

#Sun-Glasses

Post by #Sun-Glasses »

Aris wrote:If you are not using CTRs text modes, those popups should work fine. Panel popups are attached to the icon (not to the button), so removing the icon forces them to fail especially in add-on bar. Otherwise it looks like this for me:

This is not how it appears here, sadly. There is a gap between the icon in the add-on bar and the actual panel popup. It's a graphical bug as it seems. It's like this, when clicked:

http://imgur.com/gfhY9Ge

http://imgur.com/hpCDAR3

Also when I right-click on the add-on bar the context menu has the same gap, it appears... I mean that there is a gap between the position of the mouse cursor and the context menu.

OS X 10.11.6, Waterfox 54.0.0.1
pintassilgo

Post by pintassilgo »

pintassilgo wrote:I'm struggling to find the cause, but for months I noticed a delay (~1 second) when I paste (not type) an URL in awesomebar and press Enter. Is not that the browser freezes, it just doesn't starts to load the URL instantly.
Fixed in CTR 1.6.8beta8 (Fx 55+ only, not on Fx 54).
Aris

Post by Aris »

#Sun-Glasses wrote:...
This is not how it appears here, sadly. There is a gap between the icon in the add-on bar and the actual panel popup. It's a graphical bug as it seems. It's like this, when clicked:

http://imgur.com/gfhY9Ge

http://imgur.com/hpCDAR3

Also when I right-click on the add-on bar the context menu has the same gap, it appears... I mean that there is a gap between the position of the mouse cursor and the context menu.

OS X 10.11.6, Waterfox 54.0.0.1
Please create a new browser profile and recheck.
pintassilgo wrote:
pintassilgo wrote:I'm struggling to find the cause, but for months I noticed a delay (~1 second) when I paste (not type) an URL in awesomebar and press Enter. Is not that the browser freezes, it just doesn't starts to load the URL instantly.
Fixed in CTR 1.6.8beta8 (Fx 55+ only, not on Fx 54).
I have updated to code for Fx 54 using xml code from Fx 54 release build in CTR 1.6.8b8 and for Fx 55 using xml code from latest Firefox 55 beta in CTR 1.6.8b7. Any luck changing same suggestion/urlbar settings Fx 55 provides on Firefox 54 (if present)?
Last edited by Aris on June 26th, 2017, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
pintassilgo

Post by pintassilgo »

No, Fx 54 & CTR 1.6.8b8 still with the issue.

But it's fixed on 55, that's what matters to me, thanks. :lol:
Aris

Post by Aris »

@pintassilgo
Fine with me to. ;-)

-----------------------

Todays Nightly (56.0a1 2017-06-29) offers "star"-button in location bar by default, but CTRs option has to be disabled for it to work properly. The second part of the button -the menu popup- is now a toolbar button.
custom.firefox.lady

Post by custom.firefox.lady »

On Fx 56 with the photon stuff and the "More Tools" overflow arrow visible (since I've got stuff in it), the hamburger button gets pushed to the left and the overflow arrow appears at the far right of the toolbar. Only way I've found to move hamburger back to far right (where I've really gotten used to it being) is to disable CTR.

Anyway, thanks for all you've done; CTR is the best tweaking add-on around.
Aris

Post by Aris »

CTR moves the hamburger button into a "customizable area" so one can place it anywhere on any toolbar or remove it completely. The price for this flexibility is the situation you described. Unfortunately there is no way to restore browsers default button position with CTR active and keeping hamburger button movable.
avada

Post by avada »

Hi!

I forgot to mention (or didn't notice yet) before that it seems that a button that shouldn't has a dropper now. It's the Zoom Page addon's button. (Appears just like my screenshot from my earlier comment)
Aris

Post by Aris »

@avada
I will look into it.
tntc4

Post by tntc4 »

previously woking option is not working on Windows 10
the font color is grey and it's hard to read when mozilla window is not focused.
can you fix this for windows 10?
Mozilla: 54.0.1 (32 bit)
CTR: 1.6.6 beta 7

see screenshots.
nohamelin

Post by nohamelin »

Aris,
With a new Fx profile using the latest Firefox ESR 52 Linux, after installing CTR and doing the following changes to the CTR defaults:

Then the option "Move dropmarker to the last possible position" is not working as expected, e.g. when the urlbar have the focus in a empty tab, the go arrow button is still displayed at the right of the dropmarker. As by default the go button is displayed conditionally, it causes the dropmarker changing of position frecuently (and I don't want to have the go button always hidden).