[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
avada

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by avada »

Well, I didn't luck in with ff55 beta. The navbar height is a bit messed up here too.

This what it's like with CTR 1.5.7b1
(With this it's not too bad actually, there's only some overlapping of the refresh button by the urlbar)

And this is with b4:
(The "Reduce navigation toolbars height" feature of CTR doesn't seem to be doing anything)
Aris

Post by Aris »

Many Firefox 55 Nightly changes did not move to Firefox 55 beta, so I have to undo some CTR changes for recent beta of Firefox.

Until next CTR 1.6.7 beta 12+ / 1.6.7 release is out use CTR v1.6.7 beta 11, If you are on Nightly, and CTR 1.6.6, if you are not on Nightly (release, beta, dev edition).
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:Install v1.6.6 (release) for now, if you are not on Nightly builds.
Damn! I didn't think of that...

Downgraded both to stable and it's fine now. Thanks!
Aris

Post by Aris »

You can test new betas of CTR and CTB now. I'm sure I haven't found everything, but most major things should work now in Fx55 beta.
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:You can test new betas of CTR and CTB now. I'm sure I haven't found everything, but most major things should work now in Fx55 beta.
Thanks! Will do.
PimpUigi

Post by PimpUigi »

Unsure why Firefox is making my OK buttons have white text? Or why hovering over cancel makes its text white as well.
I don't think it's CTR. But does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1641786 - Try Firefox PimpUigi Edition
ashleylai87

Post by ashleylai87 »

So....I just updated to 55.0b1 and there is a big "search for xxxxxxxx with" .

https://i.imgur.com/L3pcUTF.png

May I know where is the option in CTR to disable it?
Thanks.

EDIT:
Workaround : Untick all search engine under "One-click Search Engines" at Options--->Search
Aris

Post by Aris »

PimpUigi wrote:Image

Unsure why Firefox is making my OK buttons have white text? Or why hovering over cancel makes its text white as well.
I don't think it's CTR. But does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
Most likely a bug caused by code for future default theme changes.

I don't know which window is shown on you screenshot, but this code might help (add it to CTRs custom css area):

Code: Select all

window button,
dialog button,
prefwindow button {
  color: #000 !important;
}
(You might not need code for all three areas.)

ashleylai87 wrote:So....I just updated to 55.0b1 and there is a big "search for xxxxxxxx with" .

https://i.imgur.com/L3pcUTF.png

May I know where is the option in CTR to disable it?
Thanks.

EDIT:
Workaround : Untick all search engine under "One-click Search Engines" at Options--->Search
That preference was around for a while, but got enabled by default in Fx 55.
PimpUigi

Post by PimpUigi »

This worked. Thank you!
Window Button made text that's supposed to be white, turn black.

dialog button,
prefwindow button {
color: #000 !important;
}
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1641786 - Try Firefox PimpUigi Edition
Im_Special

Post by Im_Special »

So I updated to CCTR 1.6.7 this morning, and now when downloading things, there is this jarring effect on the Save window that pops up, the OK and Cancel buttons move up to fit the window because for whatever reason they are misaligned, I made a GIF to show you. Also running FF 54.0 x64-bit

#Sun-Glasses

Post by #Sun-Glasses »

Aris wrote:I really suggest to switch to Firefox 52 ESR and forget about Firefox 55/56. After 57 gets out you will have to switch to 52 ESR anyway, if you want to keep using CTR/CTB. As you see most things change and do not look the way they did before Photon code started landing in Fx55.
Will Classic Theme Restorer keep working in Waterfox? Any plans to support this https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15505 ?????????
Aris

Post by Aris »

Im_Special wrote:So I updated to CCTR 1.6.7 this morning, and now when downloading things, there is this jarring effect on the Save window that pops up, the OK and Cancel buttons move up to fit the window because for whatever reason they are misaligned, I made a GIF to show you. Also running FF 54.0 x64-bit

http://i.imgur.com/XgiVbIl.gif
CTR does not touch that area.
Try to setup a new Firefox profile and test without CTR and with CTR installed anyway.
#Sun-Glasses wrote:...
Will Classic Theme Restorer keep working in Waterfox? Any plans to support this https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15505 ?????????
As long future Waterfox versions are based on Firefox 52 ESR or Firefox 53-56, CTR should work the same way it does in Firefox 52-56.

Palemoon does not need CTR, because it never jumped on the Austalis train.
Im_Special

Post by Im_Special »

Aris wrote:CTR does not touch that area.
Try to setup a new Firefox profile and test without CTR and with CTR installed anyway.
You are right, after some playing around it's caused by a single add-on which is also the sole reason why e10s is disabled for me. "Clean Links" when I disable that add-on my e10s status becomes 1/1 (Enabled by default) and then I cannot reproduce this bug, enabling it again = 0/1 (Disabled by add-ons) and bug is back.
tommorrow808

Post by tommorrow808 »

Sorry, but I'm having an issue with FF54 and CTR 1.6.7. "General UI > Page 1 > Movable back-forward buttons > Reduce navigation toolbars height" always stays checked. I tested it on a clean install of Win7. This issue doesn't occur with CTR 1.6.4. Thanks for all your hard work :)
Aris

Post by Aris »

tommorrow808 wrote:Sorry, but I'm having an issue with FF54 and CTR 1.6.7. "General UI > Page 1 > Movable back-forward buttons > Reduce navigation toolbars height" always stays checked. I tested it on a clean install of Win7. This issue doesn't occur with CTR 1.6.4. Thanks for all your hard work :)