[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Customize UI) #2

Post by Aris »

GermanKiwi wrote:Hi Aris, I just upgraded to version 1.2.7 b2, and I noticed that there is now a thin blue line running horizontally across my toolbar, between my Menu Bar (at the top) and Nav Bar. This didn't exist previously.

You can see it in this screenshot:
http://oi57.tinypic.com/169j2b8.jpg

I wonder if it's related to the following item in the changelog for b2?

[change] tabs not on top: increased space between menubar & navbar

Is there any option in CTR for disabling this new "increased space"?

FYI, I have the Menu Bar at the very top, then the Nav Bar underneath that, and then the Tab Bar under that. No other toolbars.

Indeed, the beta2 change for menubar was responsible for the new line.

Can you test this build?

Code: Select all

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83ilu3aoim8vorz/CTR_v127r19.xpi?dl=0

mike20021969 wrote:...
I think that was introduced in Firefox 32.0/33.0.
It doesn't exist in 31.x.

(Using 1.2.7 b2 in both).

31.2.0:
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/ ... 0e5bcf.jpg

33.1.1:
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/ ... d8d907.jpg

The option to remove "top toolbar borders" should remove the one you see too. Can you confirm?

The above linked build also changes menubars color, if tabs are not on top and window titlebar is used.
mike20021969

Post by mike20021969 »

Aris wrote:The option to remove "top toolbar borders" should remove the one you see too. Can you confirm?

Yes, it is gone! Thanks =D>

Aris wrote:The above linked build also changes menubars color

Is it possible to add option so that Menu Bar colour can be chosen separately?
Negativeions

Post by Negativeions »

HI, I made a post on the add-on page about making the back button square. I know you can show both forward and back button. I don't want that. You're add-on is all about restoring a classic firefox look and feel right? I'd like to have the buttons actually show a square box around each one all the time. It looks better to me. I don't mind that the back button is attached to the url bar, I just want it to have a square around it not a circle and a square box around all the other buttons as well. Just like Safari. Just like firefox used to look on OSX. Oh, I forgot to mention this is specific for Macs I think. Anyways, it's just an idea. Thanks.
GermanKiwi

Post by GermanKiwi »

Aris wrote:
GermanKiwi wrote:Hi Aris, I just upgraded to version 1.2.7 b2, and I noticed that there is now a thin blue line running horizontally across my toolbar, between my Menu Bar (at the top) and Nav Bar. This didn't exist previously.

You can see it in this screenshot:
http://oi57.tinypic.com/169j2b8.jpg

I wonder if it's related to the following item in the changelog for b2?

[change] tabs not on top: increased space between menubar & navbar

Is there any option in CTR for disabling this new "increased space"?

FYI, I have the Menu Bar at the very top, then the Nav Bar underneath that, and then the Tab Bar under that. No other toolbars.

Indeed, the beta2 change for menubar was responsible for the new line.

Can you test this build?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83ilu3aoim8vorz/CTR_v127r19.xpi?dl=0

Thanks Aris! I can confirm your new build has removed the thin blue line for me.

FWIW, I would actually prefer to have less space between my Menu Bar (at the very top) and my Nav Bar (below that), rather than more space! As you can see in my screenshot below, I have quite a lot of empty space between these two toolbars. I'm not sure why there is hardly any space between these toolbars in Mike's screenshots, but for me, I have loads of space there and would be happy to reduce it.

Maybe it's possible to add an option for changing the space up or down by a user-defined amount?

One other question: will my Firefox still be able to update itself to the next version of your add-on once it's released in the future, now that I've installed a copy of the add-on that did not come from https://addons.mozilla.org? Will the update process still work?
anon42

Post by anon42 »

Aris wrote:If selected tabs bottom color matches toolbars color, you won't see glitches where the active tab touches the navigation toolbar.
This was at least the main idea behind this choice.

Just as a reminder, since there has been a few unrelated posts since that, I assume that was your response to my questioning the reasoning behind combining the setting of the toolbar color with the the setting of the selected tab colors.

Maybe it's because I use a Mac and/or with classic square tabs not on top (v1) so I am not sure what "glitches" you are referring to. I don't see (or at least notice) any.

At any rate, IMO, I still feel controlling the toolbar background color is misplaced where it is (again that's my opinion) and particularly to address some "glitches". Ideally, and maybe you could consider this for some (distant?) future enhancement, you could add a whole set of color preferences similar to the "Tab colors & text" preferences to control the background colors of the tool bars (all of them as single set), tab bar, add on bar, status bar, bookmarks bar, and navigation (url) bar. And like "Tab colors & text" you would need to allow specification of the text color in those bars (except tabs which is already there).

Note, such a set of preferences would intersect some of the "Toolbars (2)" preferences which is in some ways a small subset of what I am suggesting. So "Toolbars (2)" would need some fiddling.
Aris

Post by Aris »

mike20021969 wrote:...
Is it possible to add option so that Menu Bar colour can be chosen separately?

Someday in the future. ;-)

Negativeions wrote:HI, I made a post on the add-on page about making the back button square. I know you can show both forward and back button. I don't want that. You're add-on is all about restoring a classic firefox look and feel right? I'd like to have the buttons actually show a square box around each one all the time. It looks better to me. I don't mind that the back button is attached to the url bar, I just want it to have a square around it not a circle and a square box around all the other buttons as well. Just like Safari. Just like firefox used to look on OSX. Oh, I forgot to mention this is specific for Macs I think. Anyways, it's just an idea. Thanks.

I have no plans to restore previous MacOSX toolbar buttons. However the Windows add-on "Classic Toolbar Buttons" can be also installed on MacOSX using "force install" btw. "install anyway". Users confirmed the option to apply the "classic style for small navigation toolbar buttons" works in most cases on MacOSX. There is also a css hack somewhere in this thread which offers code for Stylish add-on to achieve something similar.

GermanKiwi wrote:...
FWIW, I would actually prefer to have less space between my Menu Bar (at the very top) and my Nav Bar (below that), rather than more space! As you can see in my screenshot below, I have quite a lot of empty space between these two toolbars. I'm not sure why there is hardly any space between these toolbars in Mike's screenshots, but for me, I have loads of space there and would be happy to reduce it.

Maybe it's possible to add an option for changing the space up or down by a user-defined amount?

http://oi61.tinypic.com/35bhv04.jpg

One other question: will my Firefox still be able to update itself to the next version of your add-on once it's released in the future, now that I've installed a copy of the add-on that did not come from https://addons.mozilla.org? Will the update process still work?

I'm trying to keep menubars position as accurate as possible and also not to change it too much when using the option to add background color to menubar.

The spacing shown on your screenshot is different. Do you use non-default font size settings in Firefox or Windows?
Try this code in Stylish to adjust your config:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
   #main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"][tabsontop="false"]:not([tabsintitlebar]):not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="normal"] #tab-view-deck #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[inactive="true"]:not([autohide="true"]),
   #main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"][tabsontop="false"]:not([tabsintitlebar]):not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="normal"] #tab-view-deck #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[inactive="true"][autohide="false"],
   #main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"][tabsontop="false"]:not([tabsintitlebar]):not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="normal"] #tab-view-deck #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"]:not([inactive="true"]),
   #main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"][tabsontop="false"]:not([tabsintitlebar]):not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="normal"] #tab-view-deck #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar:not([autohide="true"]),
   #main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"][tabsontop="false"]:not([tabsintitlebar]):not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="maximized"] #tab-view-deck #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[inactive="true"][autohide="false"],
   #main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"][tabsontop="false"]:not([tabsintitlebar]):not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="maximized"] #tab-view-deck #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar[autohide="true"]:not([inactive="true"]),
   #main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"][tabsontop="false"]:not([tabsintitlebar]):not([inFullscreen])[sizemode="maximized"] #tab-view-deck #navigator-toolbox #toolbar-menubar:not([autohide="true"]) {
     margin-bottom: -2px !important;
   }

You are now on "beta" channel and will receive beta updates. Once 1.2.7 becomes final you can switch to it manually to be again on "release" channel.

anon42 wrote:...
Just as a reminder, since there has been a few unrelated posts since that, I assume that was your response to my questioning the reasoning behind combining the setting of the toolbar color with the the setting of the selected tab colors.

Maybe it's because I use a Mac and/or with classic square tabs not on top (v1) so I am not sure what "glitches" you are referring to. I don't see (or at least notice) any.

At any rate, IMO, I still feel controlling the toolbar background color is misplaced where it is (again that's my opinion) and particularly to address some "glitches". Ideally, and maybe you could consider this for some (distant?) future enhancement, you could add a whole set of color preferences similar to the "Tab colors & text" preferences to control the background colors of the tool bars (all of them as single set), tab bar, add on bar, status bar, bookmarks bar, and navigation (url) bar. And like "Tab colors & text" you would need to allow specification of the text color in those bars (except tabs which is already there).

Note, such a set of preferences would intersect some of the "Toolbars (2)" preferences which is in some ways a small subset of what I am suggesting. So "Toolbars (2)" would need some fiddling.

I will add more background/font color options for toolbars in the future.
The current one was just an experiment whithout adding much code to CTR.
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Prior to installing the latest Flagfox update to 5.0.9, the Bookmarks star was located as first button in the location bar. It's now moved to be the second one with the Flagfox button taking first place. This is extremely irritating since I'm used to clicking the first button to bookmark a page.

Is there some way of using CTR to move the Bookmarks star to become the first button in the location bar again?

Things I've tried already which haven't worked:

1. Using the "Customize" option in Firefox to try and move either the bookmark star, or the Flagfox icon into the panel in order to replace them in the desired order. This only succeeds in moving the whole location bar.
  2. Disabling Flagfox so that the Bookmarks star becomes the first button and then re-enabling Flagfox. All that happens here is that Flagfox becomes the first button again.
  3. Same procedure with the Bookmarks star resulting in the star becoming the second button again.

I've already checked the Flagfox forum to no avail and out of sheer frustration, have now disabled Flagfox altogether.

Thanks in advance.
Aris

Post by Aris »

You can add this code to Stylish or userChrome.css

#flagfox-button{
  -moz-box-ordinal-group:unset !important;
}

This will override CTRs code.
I changed Flagfox button position in CTR to match Fx28 behavior where Flagfox button was "first".
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

Bug:
Close tab button is added on the fist Firefox run when only one tab is shown on the start.
It hides itself properly when you open second tab and close it.

Classic Theme Restorer 1.2.7beta2 Tabs setting:
-Tab Close - On all tabs (forced) *
-Hide for one visible tab - enabled
-Close window with last visible tab (about:config) - enabled
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Reflective

Post by Reflective »

Aris wrote:You can add this code to Stylish or userChrome.css

#flagfox-button{
  -moz-box-ordinal-group:unset !important;
}

This will override CTRs code.
I changed Flagfox button position in CTR to match Fx28 behavior where Flagfox button was "first".

Thanks Aris.
pegasusjavea

Post by pegasusjavea »

I have just noticed that the Tab bar is shrinking. I thought it was Colorful tabs but I have disabled that. Am using Ff 33.1.1 and CTR 1.2.7b2

GermanKiwi

Post by GermanKiwi »

Aris wrote:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/35bhv04.jpg

I'm trying to keep menubars position as accurate as possible and also not to change it too much when using the option to add background color to menubar.

http://i.imgur.com/CjqqMcZ.png

The spacing shown on your screenshot is different. Do you use non-default font size settings in Firefox or Windows?
Try this code in Stylish to adjust your config:

<snip>

I found the cause of the extra spacing between my Menu Bar and Nav Bar: it was caused by me having the Bookmark Toolbar Items on the Menu Bar too - over to the right of the menu itself. I guess the Bookmark Toolbar Items have a larger height than the menu, and so they push down the bottom of the Menu Bar which results in that extra space/padding.

Your CSS code did the trick for reducing the height of the Menu Bar a bit, but the problem then is that the raised menu hover effect loses its bottom edge, as you can see in this screenshot with my mouse over the History menu - it's lost its bottom edge:

Is there any chance you could give me the equivalent CSS code for reducing the top margin of the Nav Bar, instead of reducing the bottom margin of the Menu Bar? That might do the trick for me.

Thanks!
happysurf

Post by happysurf »

Thank you Aris for the new option" background color on toolbars" very useful especially for XP users. :D
Surf the Internet is a dirty job but someone has to do it.
msia2k

Post by msia2k »

happysurf wrote:Thank you Aris for the new option" background color on toolbars" very useful especially for XP users. :D

Indeed! I could finally got rid of colorlicious.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Virtual_ManPL wrote:Bug:
Close tab button is added on the fist Firefox run when only one tab is shown on the start.
It hides itself properly when you open second tab and close it.

Classic Theme Restorer 1.2.7beta2 Tabs setting:
-Tab Close - On all tabs (forced) *
-Hide for one visible tab - enabled
-Close window with last visible tab (about:config) - enabled

This will be fixed on next build. In fact CTRs bug is caused by a Firefox bug.
Firefox stopped setting tab attributes first-visible-tab/last-visible-tab on startup, when only one tab is available.

pegasusjavea wrote:I have just noticed that the Tab bar is shrinking. I thought it was Colorful tabs but I have disabled that. Am using Ff 33.1.1 and CTR 1.2.7b2

http://i58.tinypic.com/fvlqty.jpg

What do you mean by 'shrinking'?
If this comment is based on the difference between active tabs colored area and all other tabs, then I can tell you, it was always like that in CTR. Active tabs bottom overlaps with navigation toolbar by default. Using different colors for active tabs bottom and navigation toolbar underline this visual discrepancy.

Is there any chance you could give me the equivalent CSS code for reducing the top margin of the Nav Bar, instead of reducing the bottom margin of the Menu Bar? That might do the trick for me.

Thanks!

Sure, try this:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[tabsontop="false"] #nav-bar {
   margin-top:-5px !important;
}