[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ReggieNJ

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Fx 29-56)

Post by ReggieNJ »

Do you have any idea why code would work when I test it in CTR's custom css section, but not when I add it directly to my userChrome.css? Neither of these have an effect on their own but do work with CTR.

Code: Select all

#PopupAutoCompleteRichResult richlistitem .ac-emphasize-text {
  font-weight: normal !important;
}

Code: Select all

.tabbrowser-tab:not([pinned]) .tab-icon-image:not([src]) {
  display: none !important;
}
Aris

Post by Aris »

userChrome.css registers style on user level, while CTR uses agent level (more powerful).

Try to add /*AGENT_SHEET*/ as first line of you userChrome.css code.
ReggieNJ

Post by ReggieNJ »

Well I got the second one (removing default globe icon on tabs) to work by changing display: none to visibility: collapse, but the first one (removing bold highlights of urlbar results) still doesn't work without CTR. Adding /*AGENT_SHEET*/ doesn't seem to help.

Edit: Finally got the urlbar results to work using *|span.ac-emphasize-text
avada

Post by avada »

#Sun-Glasses wrote:@Aris: Do you intend to support this effort by making CTR compatible?

http://www.basilisk-browser.org/
Aris wrote:If this browser supports xul based add-ons the same way Firefox 45-56 does, current CTR will work without any additional changes.
As for now there are no binaries ready to test, so I can not tell more than that.
Hi!

The first release just came out. Did a quick test and it seems like CTR breaks the urlbar (at least with the settings I have). Pressing enter doesn't work and no results appear.

Update:
It seems like it's the "Alternative appearance (classic)" feature that's causing the breakage.
The last version that doesn't brake the urlbar is Version 1.6.2.1. Which is ironic, since it's the first on the list that AMO doesn't allow to install directly, claiming it's incompatible...
#Sun-Glasses

Post by #Sun-Glasses »

@Aris: The first Basilisk build is now available. You may wish to check whether or not any and all CTR features are working as intended:

http://www.basilisk-browser.org/download.shtml
PimpUigi

Post by PimpUigi »

Was just wandering by so I thought I'd ask; I noticed Aris has provided some Fx57 css code for squared tabs.
Are curved tabs in Fx57 possible?????
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1641786 - Try Firefox PimpUigi Edition
Aris

Post by Aris »

@#Sun-Glasses
Basilisk is based on Firefox 55, so its compatibility should be equal to Fx55. I have not tested all CTR features yet, but everything I did is working so far in Basilisk.

@PimpUigi
My CSS tweaks on Github do not cover "curved" tabs, but you can find them in this project: https://github.com/wilfredwee/photon-australis/
Last edited by Aris on November 17th, 2017, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
PimpUigi

Post by PimpUigi »

Alright. I understand most of the "ideas" behind Quantum. But I don't get "prettier edge" over "prettier chrome" at all.
Oh well. But yeah I'm just going to be on Fx54 and keeping an eye on Waterfox. I like Waterfox a bit so far.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1641786 - Try Firefox PimpUigi Edition
BobbyPhoenix

Post by BobbyPhoenix »

@Aris I just wanted to drop a line to say thank you. Since FF 57 dropped I've been playing with some of your css files, and found everything I wanted to modify, and they work perfectly. You're work is truly appreciated. I remember donating to you a long time ago when CTR came out, but I think I'll be donating again. Your time is not free, and your work is not taken for granted.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
613 The Evil

Post by 613 The Evil »

Hello, can anyone help me remove this loading/progress bar from my status bar? I can't find the option in CTR, anywhere. I am using Tab mix plus too, but it doesn't have it there. I have them on Waterfox.

Discard this post, the extension responsbile for this issue is status bar 4ever. My bad.
avada

Post by avada »

Aris wrote:@#Sun-Glasses
Basilisk is based on Firefox 55, so its compatibility should be equal to Fx55. I have not tested all CTR features yet, but everything I did is working so far in Basilisk.
Hi!
Did you miss my comment just above #Sun-Glasses'? That one feature is definitely broken.
By the way. As far as I know it's closest to FF52 since they forked it "early 2017". (But they might have added and/or removed stuff )
If they claim FF55 compatiblity but actually have FF52 compatibility it might explain why you need an earlier CTR version to avoid breakage.
Aris

Post by Aris »

PimpUigi wrote:Alright. I understand most of the "ideas" behind Quantum. But I don't get "prettier edge" over "prettier chrome" at all.
Oh well. But yeah I'm just going to be on Fx54 and keeping an eye on Waterfox. I like Waterfox a bit so far.
I don't think it ever was about prettier here or prettier there. It was mostly about forcing a change, any change actually for the sake of being a change. Let another 30 Firefox versions pass and we get curved forced on us tabs again.

----

In my opinion appearance should also serve usability and the issue with Australis tabs (and Google Chromes tabs) is the same, they are both wasting too much space and suffer from aliasing in edge/curve areas.
Instead of reserving 60px for the width of a stupid curve, tabs could display more text or tabs toolbar more tabs. In both cases the user would gain something instead of looking on a useless space.
Same applies for the dumb and ugly new AMO design, way too much useless space. That site looks like it was made in the 90s by a child, but I remember seeing more though-out page designs even back then.
BobbyPhoenix wrote:@Aris I just wanted to drop a line to say thank you. Since FF 57 dropped I've been playing with some of your css files, and found everything I wanted to modify, and they work perfectly. You're work is truly appreciated. I remember donating to you a long time ago when CTR came out, but I think I'll be donating again. Your time is not free, and your work is not taken for granted.
Thanks.
613 The Evil wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/nXefY0I.png

Hello, can anyone help me remove this loading/progress bar from my status bar? I can't find the option in CTR, anywhere. I am using Tab mix plus too, but it doesn't have it there. I have them on Waterfox.

Discard this post, the extension responsible for this issue is status bar 4ever. My bad.
Neither Firefox nor CTR offer such a status line in location bar.
I suspect another add-on, maybe Status-4-Evar, placing it there.

avada wrote:...

Hi!
Did you miss my comment just above #Sun-Glasses'? That one feature is definitely broken.
By the way. As far as I know it's closest to FF52 since they forked it "early 2017". (But they might have added and/or removed stuff )
If they claim FF55 compatibility but actually have FF52 compatibility it might explain why you need an earlier CTR version to avoid breakage.
I really did not see your post before. Its not the first time posts appear "later" on this forums, at least for me.

The problem with location bars popup is caused by Basilisk not CTR.
CTR reads the browser version and uses code based on that. Basilisk shows itself as Firefox 55, but uses location bar code from Firefox 51-53. Because of that recent CTR versions fail to load the correct code required for the classic autocomplete popup.
I will look into that.

I've posted a quick fix:
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/classi ... 7.3.2beta1
Mudder

Post by Mudder »

OK, people, I'm more or less content with Fx57, it updated AdBlock Plus but pointed to another that it said was better, no replacement yet for NoScript but NS Lite works. Also someone made a fix for Free Download Manager but haven't tried it yet, my last downloads were yesterday on the ESR, but it is installed and active. Even found updated HTTPS Everywhere and a new one that blocks Digital Coin miners. So I'm pretty set for security with them and the regular AV and MalwareBytes working together. Content in the sense that I'm using the classic theme inside Win7, coloured in the "Maple" theme mode of 2000/XPPro, provided by a poster on the sevenforums.com board.
Trying to keep my general U.I. as old-fashioned as possible.

The only thing needed to make the experience 'perfect' for me would be moving the tabs below the nav/search bar, right now they're in the middle between that and the menu bar on top. I'd post a screen shot but tinypic is giving me troubles and I'm about to abandon that for the other. I remember some discussion earlier on moving the tabs but can't seem to find the posts. Has Aris figured this out?
Can some one point me to the previous discussion on this, PLEASE, then I'll try to tackle userChrome.css on the weekend. I like to tinker but in the past it wasn't necessary for me to fiddle with css.
Thanks in advance.
Mudder

Post by Mudder »

BobbyPhoenix wrote:@Aris I just wanted to drop a line to say thank you. Since FF 57 dropped I've been playing with some of your css files, and found everything I wanted to modify, and they work perfectly. You're work is truly appreciated. I remember donating to you a long time ago when CTR came out, but I think I'll be donating again. Your time is not free, and your work is not taken for granted.
Ditto for me, especially if I get the tabs where I want them, otherwise, I can live with it if I have to.
BobbyPhoenix

Post by BobbyPhoenix »

Mudder wrote:OK, people, I'm more or less content with Fx57, it updated AdBlock Plus but pointed to another that it said was better, no replacement yet for NoScript but NS Lite works. Also someone made a fix for Free Download Manager but haven't tried it yet, my last downloads were yesterday on the ESR, but it is installed and active. Even found updated HTTPS Everywhere and a new one that blocks Digital Coin miners. So I'm pretty set for security with them and the regular AV and MalwareBytes working together. Content in the sense that I'm using the classic theme inside Win7, coloured in the "Maple" theme mode of 2000/XPPro, provided by a poster on the sevenforums.com board.
Trying to keep my general U.I. as old-fashioned as possible.

The only thing needed to make the experience 'perfect' for me would be moving the tabs below the nav/search bar, right now they're in the middle between that and the menu bar on top. I'd post a screen shot but tinypic is giving me troubles and I'm about to abandon that for the other. I remember some discussion earlier on moving the tabs but can't seem to find the posts. Has Aris figured this out?
Can some one point me to the previous discussion on this, PLEASE, then I'll try to tackle userChrome.css on the weekend. I like to tinker but in the past it wasn't necessary for me to fiddle with css.
Thanks in advance.
Use this one:

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSfor ... oolbar.css

There's other variants too. Here's the link for those as well (Scroll to the bottom).

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSfor ... c/css/tabs

Do, or do not. There is no try.