[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Fx29-56/Waterfox/Basilisk)

Post by Aris »

@brent_th
Replace "#browser-bottombox" with "#main-window" in your code. Horizontal scrollbars will reappear and text/link popup will not overlap with navigation toolbar anymore.
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

Sorry if that has been asked before, but this thread is a little to long tpo search for this. :cry:

Is there a version for this for a "TV Box" (aka; "Streaming Box)?
Specifically using a Zidoo X10 running Kodi (since just about all seem to have that).

Same goes fro TabMix Plus.
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
Aris

Post by Aris »

CTR is for the desktop version of the "old" Firefox and its forks only. Streaming boxes use "Firefox for Android" which is not and never was compatible to ui changing add-on.
brent_th

Post by brent_th »

Aris wrote:@brent_th
Replace "#browser-bottombox" with "#main-window" in your code. Horizontal scrollbars will reappear and text/link popup will not overlap with navigation toolbar anymore.
Aris, thank you very much for your help!

I have changed the code like below as you suggested but it does not work this time. Maybe I should just move the nav-bar back to top. Thanks for your time again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* move nav-bar to bottom */
#nav-bar {
position: fixed !important;
bottom: 0 !important;
width: 100%;
border-top: 1px solid var(--toolbox-border-bottom-color);
-moz-padding-start: 36px !important;
}
/* free space at the bottom for nav-bar */
#main-window {
margin-bottom: calc( var(--tab-min-height) + 3px );
}

/* set a minimum width for location bar */
#urlbar-container {
min-width: 400px !important;
}

/* move main menu button to bottom left */
#PanelUI-button {
position: fixed !important;
left: 0 !important;
bottom: 7px !important;
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 0 !important;
margin-inline-start: 0px !important;
border-inline-start: 0px solid !important;
margin-inline-end: 0px !important;
border-inline-end: 0px solid !important;
border-image: unset !important;
border-image-slice: 0 !important;
}
#main-window[uidensity=compact] #PanelUI-button {
bottom: 2px !important
}
#main-window[uidensity=touch] #PanelUI-button {
bottom: 6px !important
}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

Aris;
Thanks, I should of known better. :(
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
telzey

Post by telzey »

Hi, Aris,

I think I have a minor bug with CTR. Firefox 52.8 ESR, Windows 7.

When I type enough characters in the location bar to uniquely match one bookmark, then the result is not displayed. It is actually there, though; if I press the down arrow, then the bookmarked URL appears in the location bar.

I have enabled the CTR setting Location bar->Autocomplete popup->Alternative appearance. If I uncheck that, then the problem goes away. Other settings that might interact:

- enabled "Remove 'Search with' and 'Visit'"
- enabled "Disable height limit"

I will get it if this is not worth fixing at this point. I can work around it by disabling "Alternative appearance".

Thanks!
Aris

Post by Aris »

Unfortunately this bug is present since I have added the "Remove 'Search with' and 'Visit'" option.
It does not remove the entry technically only visually.
telzey

Post by telzey »

OK, thanks for the info. I'd rather give up Alternative appearance than Remove Search with... so that is solved. :-)
#Sun-Glasses

Post by #Sun-Glasses »

@Aris:

There are some minor issues I want to bring up. Here is my shortlist:

1) The classic Firefox menu button (the one which looks like the Firefox logo and replaces the hamburger button) is pixelated / low resolution on High DPI screens. I use a MacBook Pro Retina, so extremely High DPI for a laptop. No other CTR button is pixelated, strangely enough. I hope this gets fixed.
2) In this very same classic Firefox menu button, it shows "Quit Firefox" even when a language pack is used, i.e. the entry is the only one not localized.
3) When using Waterfox, it shows "Quit Firefox"... It should show "Waterfox" in this case. Haven't tested if that's the case with Basilisk, too.
4) I remember you fixing the add-on for Basilisk some time ago, are you sure the fix still applies? Because Basilisk has gone back to Firefox 52 as a base, and I remember said fix targeting a higher Firefox version as base.

That's all. Thanks for creating this great add-on.
Aris

Post by Aris »

1. I never bothered with hires icons for the appbutton. The other buttons use default browser icons, so they are hires by default. I will look into this, but no promises atm.
2./3. If "Quit Firefox" is shown instead of the default localized item, this means either the localization variable name changed or the variable was removed. I don't see similar behavior on Windows for example. I will look into this.
4. This was a different case. There was a bug with classic/alternative autocomlete popup which had to be fixed by cheating with internal application versions.

I will look into these issues, but no promises atm.
#Sun-Glasses

Post by #Sun-Glasses »

Aris wrote:1. I never bothered with hires icons for the appbutton. The other buttons use default browser icons, so they are hires by default. I will look into this, but no promises atm.
2./3. If "Quit Firefox" is shown instead of the default localized item, this means either the localization variable name changed or the variable was removed. I don't see similar behavior on Windows for example. I will look into this.
4. This was a different case. There was a bug with classic/alternative autocomlete popup which had to be fixed by cheating with internal application versions.

I will look into these issues, but no promises atm.
Thanks for looking into this. Issue 2./3. happen in Waterfox on a Mac, I should have mentioned that. Another remark:

The "show add-on version number" option in the CTR settings is now rendered obsolete in Waterfox, due to these changes:

- https://github.com/MrAlex94/Waterfox/co ... de7f4f8053
- https://github.com/MrAlex94/Waterfox/co ... bc895e9e45
Aris

Post by Aris »

@#Sun-Glasses

There are many icons in CTR, that were not meant for HiDPI usage and I'm not going to update all of them. On recent devbuilds I only replaced the white appbutton icon for HiDPI modes above 110%.

"Quit Firefox" is now "@Quit Waterfox" in Waterfox. I haven't tested Firefox 52-56 or other locales yet, but I assume the correct label gets automatically used there too.

Install the latest devbuild v1.7.4.2 from here: https://github.com/Aris-t2/ClassicTheme ... /tag/1.7.4 (Waterfox/Basilisk/Firefox56dev only)
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

@Aris are you still gonna submit new releases to AMO? or should I install your latest from GitHub?
Aris

Post by Aris »

If you use Waterfox, you can install updates from Github. You will even get auto updates from there. The 1.7.4.x builds are test atm, so they have to be installed manually.
Melchior82

Post by Melchior82 »

yeah I upgraded my main Install of Firefox to release channel again v60 so I could keep an eye on it..
and have moved over to Waterfox for regular use now...

as far as If I install your test build will I still get a new update automatically from you still?

btw.. do you have a change log for build v1.7.4.1 and v1.7.4.2 yet??