[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by Aris »

CTRs big icon mode and some icon+text modes cause this. I'm still wondering why no other Jetpack add-on with toggle/action buttons is affected by this (maybe I have not tested many).
Next update will solve this problem.
tntc4

Post by tntc4 »

10x man.
I send you "Contribution for Classic Theme Restorer" via PayPal :)
Kyogre

Post by Kyogre »

1. can you check resolution of sixth style close icon? It is very lowres/blurred comparing to official austrilized tabs close button (you can enable official icon if you choose "default tabs style + default close button style")
Look https://flic.kr/s/aHskLwvCzu (press "download as zip")
The same goes for 20x20px icon.
2. is it possible to add "open new single-process window" button in "Firefox non developers's edition"?
Aris

Post by Aris »

1. Strange, normally those icons (5/8, 6/8, 7/8) are shrinked to 16x16 in CTR by default, but the 20x20px option should stretch them to what they meant to be on Windows 10, at least it does for me. Are you using a HiDPI mode?

2. There are no two commands for distinguishing between e10s and non-e10s tabs/windows present yet on non-DevEd/non-Nightly Firefox versions, but yes, it still is possible. Any reason for that? Firefox 50/51 would still use two processes independent of a new e10s/non-e10s window.
Kyogre

Post by Kyogre »

Aris wrote:1. Strange, normally those icons (5/8, 6/8, 7/8) are shrinked to 16x16 in CTR by default, but the 20x20px option should stretch them to what they meant to be on Windows 10, at least it does for me. Are you using a HiDPI mode?
I am using Windows 10 too, I am using 150% scaling mode. I have added 2 screenshots of "squared tabs + 20px icon" in the flickr album.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Blurry icons are caused by lowres images used by CTR on HiDPI mode. I will add hires icons for some of the close icons on next build.
mapsonx

Post by mapsonx »

When selecting either of the "tabs not on top" settings, any separator that sits on the navigation bar cannot be moved. If you try to move one, it resizes the browser window, as if you had clicked a blank space on the toolbar or tab bar.

Changing the setting to tabs on top fixes it.
krakator

Post by krakator »

Noticed this glitch if rounding of the location bar is activated since upgrading to version 50. It shows only on secured web pages. Tried the latest beta, but it still overlays.
Aris

Post by Aris »

@mapsonx
Atm. I'm not sure why changing toolbar order would have an effect on separators, but there is a second workaround. Hit titlebar button to switch to OS titlebar while in customizing mode, move separators, hit titlebar button again.

@krakator
This will be fixed on next update.
mapsonx

Post by mapsonx »

Aris wrote:@mapsonx
Atm. I'm not sure why changing toolbar order would have an effect on separators, but there is a second workaround. Hit titlebar button to switch to OS titlebar while in customizing mode, move separators, hit titlebar button again.
Works for me, but just curious. Does my setup have a problem that calls for the workaround?
Aris

Post by Aris »

I don't think so, all systems are affected by this.
RaveDave1

Post by RaveDave1 »

Aris,

Just upgraded from v47.0.2 to v50 and have now experienced the urlbar history popup changes for the first time, its very annoying; is there anyway to remove that border that is around the entire popup

Fx 47.0.2 - No border

Fx 50 - White border around whole popup including scrollbar
Aris

Post by Aris »

Install CTR 1.5.9 (if not yet done) and go to 'CTR prefs > Location Bar > Autocomplete popup'

There are some settings to customize the popup incl. (mostly) restoring its Fx 47 look (--> Alternative appearance).

RaveDave1

Post by RaveDave1 »

I have tried using the alternative appearance option but the white external border is still displayed.
Aris

Post by Aris »

You are right, the space between items and popups border should be reduced on Windows XPs default OS theme too. Atm this only happens on WindowsXPs classic OS theme.
I will fix this on next update.