[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
al_9x

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Customize UI) #2

Post by al_9x »

Aris wrote:
al_9x wrote:...

https://hackademix.net/2015/08/22/webex ... -noscript/
https://hackademix.net/2015/08/26/webextensions-faq/
https://discourse.mozilla-community.org ... s-api/3457

According to Girogio Maone (noscript) Mozilla is working (at least with him) to meet the needs of add-ons that need more than WebExtensions. Would it be possible for you to link up with whoever he's working with to make sure CTR requirements are addressed?

I doubt CTR will continue to exists the way it does now. Maybe we will at least be able to set / modify css code for UI elements, maybe not, but the whole point of Mozillas decision to drop XUL would not make any sense, if we still could do same UI tweaks currently possible.
Lets see what Mozilla comes up with in the next months.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but "NoScript" or "Adblock" are mostly web filters, that manage web content between users (what they see or execute) and servers (what is offered [html, scripts, images, videos...]). They do not modify the browser ui, only the web content, right? So you can not compare those to CTR or other add-ons that modify buttons, toolbars or icons etc..

If you look at what is currently possible with Google Chrome or Opera, you see nothing is possible. There are no add-ons that modify/move/remove default menus, menuitems, toolbar buttons, icons or toolbars*, because browser developers do not want you to do thise. If Firefox goes the same way, such level of customization won't be possible either.

* Google Chrome only allows to change main background images which can be compared to Firefox lw-themes and Opera "themes" allow to change new tab pages background and preferences background, what is joke imo.

Here's Giorgio's explanation:
https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... 399#p78399
mcdavis

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Post by mcdavis »

Aris wrote:Anyone else noticed the name "WebExtensions" is not even slightly equal to "browser extensions". Sounds to me like they want to create and manage the browser ui themselves while extension devs are allowed to play with the web content.

Yeah, I saw that too. That does seem to be the message.
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

That is because life is so much easier for an application (the browser) developer if you don't have to maintain the extensibility of the application. And, so, Firefox continues to move away from it's original intent of being a lean mean browsing machine with a very high level of user customization through both extensions and theme.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Yaron10

Post by Yaron10 »

Hi Aris,

I've placed the Downloads Button in the status bar.
- When the "download-notification-finish" animation is being executed, I only see the upper part of it.
I'd like to change the animation's position (or origin) so that its bottom is aligned with the Downloads Button's bottom.

I'd be very grateful for your help.
Ach3r0n

Post by Ach3r0n »

Hi Aris,

I have been using Classic Theme Restorer in combination with Titlebar Text Addon for a long time now, as it enables me to have the title of websites display in the titlebar, instead of the menu items.

As Firefox will require all Addons to be signed in near future it will mean I can no longer use this Addon.

I hope you can include this feature in Classic Theme Restorer as an option.

The Titlebar Text Addon was created by Merci Chao, but unfortunately is not available anymore on the Mozilla addons site, but you can download the latest version from my website: http:// updatepack.nl/custom_setup/titlebar_text-1.4.1-fx-windows.xpi]titlebar_text-1.4.1-fx-windows .xpi

It works fine in combination with the following userChrome.css changes:

Code: Select all

/* Fix Firefox menu bar */
#toolbar-menubar {
   padding-bottom: 0 !important;
}

#main-window[tabsintitlebar="true"] #menubar-items > #main-menubar {
   margin-left: -99px !important;
}

#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"] #TabsToolbar {
   margin-left: 0px !important;
}

#main-window[selectedSkin="ftdeepdark"] #TabsToolbar {
   margin-left: 2px !important;
}

#main-window[sizemode="normal"][selectedSkin="ftdeepdark"] #navigator-toolbox {
   margin-top: -4px !important;
}

#main-window[sizemode="maximized"][selectedSkin="ftdeepdark"] #navigator-toolbox {
   margin-top: 1px !important;
}

#main-window[sizemode="normal"] #navigator-toolbox[tabsontop="true"] #TabsToolbar {
   margin-top: 0px !important;
}

/* Fix menu items text color */
#main-menubar > menu .menubar-text {
   color: menuitemtext !important;
}

#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"] #main-menubar > menu:not(:hover) .menubar-text {
   color: menutext !important;
}

/* Fix Firefox title bar height */
#titlebar {
   margin-bottom: 0 !important;
}

#main-window[sizemode="normal"] #titlebar {
   margin-top: 4px !important;
}

#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"] #titlebar {
    height: 27px !important;
}

#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"][sizemode="normal"] #titlebar-content {
   background-color: #262A34 !important;
}   

#main-window[selectedSkin="ftdeepdark"][sizemode="normal"] #titlebar {
   height: 28px !important;
}

#main-window[selectedSkin="ftdeepdark"] #titlebar-content {
   margin-bottom: 1px !important;
}

/* Center Firefox orange button title */
#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"][sizemode="normal"] #ctraddon_appbutton2 {
   margin-top: 3px !important;
}

#main-window[selectedSkin="ftdeepdark"][sizemode="normal"] #ctraddon_appbutton2 {
   margin-top: 4px !important;
}

/* Center text in title bar */
#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] #titlebar-text-container2 {
   margin: -2px 6px 0 !important;
}

Current there are only few minor problems to be fixed:

1. The menu bar items are moved off screen when the Orange Firefox Application button is removed from the Titlebar because of using:

#main-window[tabsintitlebar="true"] #menubar-items > #main-menubar {
   margin-left: -99px !important;
}

2. You need to use Tabs not on Top (v2), as the Tabs not on Top (v1) does add extra height to the menu bar, and does not reduce it's height when disabled. The Tabs on Top option works fine.
Last edited by DanRaisch on August 29th, 2015, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Killed live link.
Aris

Post by Aris »

@PhiliP190
Great you could find your optimal personal configuration although you are using some CTR features in a strange way. For example, the appbutton on toolbar + appbutton on tabs toolbars end (not start) + higher position for that button. :mrgreen:

First Follow wrote:...
Thanks for the response.
I guess I can live with the wonky buttons for a while.

Those icons are fixed on current beta, you don't have to wait for the "final" release.

al_9x wrote:Here's Giorgio's explanation:
https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... 399#p78399

If it will be possible to modify browser ui via HTML5 in the future, CTR will require to be rewritten from the scratch anyway as none of its current code would work. I will look into this once Mozilla starts offering "developer / alpha / test / ux" builds of the "new Firefox". No need for speculations about what will and will not be possible. Mozilla really should have released some kind of developer build of their new Firefox along with the initial announcement of dropping XUL.

Yaron10 wrote:Hi Aris,

- When the "download-notification-finish" animation is being executed, I only see the upper part of it.
I'd like to change the animation's position (or origin) so that its bottom is aligned with the Downloads Button's bottom.

CTR does not modify download buttons appearance for default button icons and if the inverted icons options are used (along with HiDPI resolution), latest CTR beta should fix most problems.

Are you using a HiDPI resolution? Post a screenshot.

Ach3r0n wrote:Hi Aris,

I have been using Classic Theme Restorer in combination with Titlebar Text Addon for a long time now, as it enables me to have the title of websites display in the titlebar, instead of the menu items.

As Firefox will require all Addons to be signed in near future it will mean I can no longer use this Addon.

I hope you can include this feature in Classic Theme Restorer as an option.

The Titlebar Text Addon was created by Merci Chao, but unfortunately is not available anymore on the Mozilla addons site, but you can download the latest version from my website: http:// updatepack.nl/custom_setup/titlebar_text-1.4.1-fx-windows.xpi]titlebar_text-1.4.1-fx-windows .xpi

It works fine in combination with the following userChrome.css changes:

code

Current there are only few minor problems to be fixed:

1. The menu bar items are moved off screen when the Orange Firefox Application button is removed from the Titlebar because of using:

code

2. You need to use Tabs not on Top (v2), as the Tabs not on Top (v1) does add extra height to the menu bar, and does not reduce it's height when disabled. The Tabs on Top option works fine.

There are far more cases that are affected by the "title" in Firefox titlebar. Instead of using that add-on and the css fix for it, have you tried this userstyle: https://userstyles.org/styles/41025/fir ... title-back ?
It was already linked in the initial post of this thread along with a list of other stuff that won't be part of CTR.
Yaron10

Post by Yaron10 »

Aris wrote:
Yaron10 wrote:Hi Aris,

CTR does not modify download buttons appearance for default button icons and if the inverted icons options are used (along with HiDPI resolution), latest CTR beta should fix most problems.

Are you using a HiDPI resolution? Post a screenshot.

Hi Aris,

Thanks for replying. I appreciate it.

It's not caused by CTR. I just requested your help as an expert. :)
I don't use a HiDPI resolution.
Since the Downloads Button (my custom button; I don't use a theme) is in the status bar and my Task bar is narrow, half of the animation is not seen.

http://s28.postimg.org/v2dajex4t/image.png

Best regards.
PhiliP190

Post by PhiliP190 »

Aris wrote:@PhiliP190
Great you could find your optimal personal configuration although you are using some CTR features in a strange way. For example, the appbutton on toolbar + appbutton on tabs toolbars end (not start) + higher position for that button. :mrgreen:

I'm not sure of what i understand (no native language)... You can see a single app button in my configuration, not two (refering to "appbutton on toolbar + appbutton on tabs").

We're well talkink of this one ? Image

You're not confusing my active tab witch is exactly the same color than my appbutton, with a second appbutton ??!

Maybe you're suggesting that i don't use the CTR appbutton. In this case let me explain : I use a personnalisation feature (addon "personnal menu" Link https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/personal-menu/) to make it look like that :

"Option" is missing there for the moment because i asked for the "Menu wizard" developper, witch addon allows to personnalise all menus (right clic menus too :mrgreen: ), to implement "duplicate object" to duplicate "option" from "tools" menu toolbar to "AppmenuSecondaryPane"

Let me show the "Menu wizzard's interface...Great addon too =D>

French guy.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Yaron10 wrote:...
Hi Aris,

Thanks for replying. I appreciate it.

It's not caused by CTR. I just requested your help as an expert. :)
I don't use a HiDPI resolution.
Since the Downloads Button (my custom button; I don't use a theme) is in the status bar and my Task bar is narrow, half of the animation is not seen.

http://s28.postimg.org/v2dajex4t/image.png

Best regards.

Are you talking about the "animation arrow" that moves to downloads button once a dl starts?
If yes, you have to recreate the animation parameters like this, if dl button it on a bottom toolbar:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
@keyframes dlNotificationStart {
  from { opacity: 0; transform: translate(0px, -100px) scale(8); }
  20%  { opacity: .85; animation-timing-function: ease-out; }
  to   { opacity: 0; transform: translate(0) scale(1); }
}
#downloads-notification-anchor[notification="start"] > #downloads-indicator-notification {
  animation-name: dlNotificationStart !important;
}

"0px" and "-100px" are the x and y coordinates from where the animation starts.
Change "0px" to "-50px" to start the animation from a more left position or to "50px" to start it from a more right position (compared to the above values).
Change "-100px" to "-150px" to start the animation from a higher position or to "-50px" to start it from a lower position (compared to the above values).

PhiliP190 wrote:...

I'm not sure of what i understand (no native language)... You can see a single app button in my configuration, not two (refering to "appbutton on toolbar + appbutton on tabs").

We're well talkink of this one ? http://i.imgur.com/IEAGTzB.png

You're not confusing my active tab witch is exactly the same color than my appbutton, with a second appbutton ??!

Maybe you're suggesting that i don't use the CTR appbutton. In this case let me explain : I use a personnalisation feature (addon "personnal menu" Link https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/personal-menu/) to make it look like that :

http://i.imgur.com/oFHGW0G.png

"Option" is missing there for the moment because i asked for the "Menu wizard" developper, witch addon allows to personnalise all menus (right clic menus too :mrgreen: ), to implement "duplicate object" to duplicate "option" from "tools" menu toolbar to "AppmenuSecondaryPane"

Let me show the "Menu wizzard's interface...Great addon too =D>

http://i.imgur.com/nc0obXI.png

I was just wondering that is was possible to use the "appbutton" that way, because it overlaps with the caption buttons once placed on tab toolbars end, moved to the top and forced to display the label. I never tested that case especially, because the "label" option for the "appbutton on toolbar" was added late to CTR.
Use the appbutton the way you like. ;-)
PhiliP190

Post by PhiliP190 »

Aris wrote:I was just wondering that is was possible to use the "appbutton" that way, because it overlaps with the caption buttons once placed on tab toolbars end, moved to the top and forced to display the label. I never tested that case especially, because the "label" option for the "appbutton on toolbar" was added late to CTR.
Use the appbutton the way you like. ;-)

Sure sure, you're welcome, i wasn't reproching, was just trying to understand what you were refering about...Have a nice sunday

French guy.
Yaron10

Post by Yaron10 »

Aris wrote:Are you talking about the "animation arrow" that moves to downloads button once a dl starts?
If yes, you have to recreate the animation parameters like this, if dl button it on a bottom toolbar:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
@keyframes dlNotificationStart {
  from { opacity: 0; transform: translate(0px, -100px) scale(8); }
  20%  { opacity: .85; animation-timing-function: ease-out; }
  to   { opacity: 0; transform: translate(0) scale(1); }
}
#downloads-notification-anchor[notification="start"] > #downloads-indicator-notification {
  animation-name: dlNotificationStart !important;
}

Hi Aris,

Thank You so much! I'm truly grateful.

I was referring (mainly) to download-notification-finish.
It's the same principle. Here is the code:

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
@keyframes dLIndicatorNotificationFinish {
  from { opacity: 0; transform: translate(0px, -55px) scale(1); }
  20%  { opacity: .65; animation-timing-function: ease-in; }
  to   { opacity: 0; transform: translate(0px, -55px) scale(8); }
}

#downloads-notification-anchor[notification="finish"] > #downloads-indicator-notification {
  animation-name: dLIndicatorNotificationFinish !important;
}

Best regards.
happysurf

Post by happysurf »

Aris, in windows 10 there is an annoying problem with curved tabs (alternative) mode:

The overlapping lines are too light and not dark gray like in windows 7 or XP.
Any idea?
Surf the Internet is a dirty job but someone has to do it.
Aris

Post by Aris »

@happysurf

I can fix this for non-active tabs. Win10s Fx40 offers new default curved tabs images, which CTR used by default. The old ones are still present inside a subfolder, but got renamed for Windows 7 (and Windows 8?).
happysurf

Post by happysurf »

Aris wrote:@happysurf

I can fix this for non-active tabs. Win10s Fx40 offers new default curved tabs images, which CTR used by default. The old ones are still present inside a subfolder, but got renamed for Windows 7 (and Windows 8?).

Thanks for the info, in any case also in Firefox 41beta5 the problem is the same.
Surf the Internet is a dirty job but someone has to do it.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Check the beta I uploaded today.