[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
BrunoReX

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Customize UI) #2

Post by BrunoReX »

First of all, thank you so much for your hard work in this extension, it has allowed me to go back to Firefox after the Australis UI implementation. =D>

I'm just wondering why the "status text popup in add-on/status bar" feature is not going to be added directly into the extension. Is it buggy or something of that sort?
Either way, the CSS works great with Stylish and I have no problem with it not being added, I'm just curious as to why.
StinDaWg

Post by StinDaWg »

Aris wrote:I don't remember your toolbar configuration anymore. Could you post a screenshot?

Aris

Post by Aris »

BrunoReX wrote:...
I'm just wondering why the "status text popup in add-on/status bar" feature is not going to be added directly into the extension. Is it buggy or something of that sort?
Either way, the CSS works great with Stylish and I have no problem with it not being added, I'm just curious as to why.

I don't want to copy&paste one of Status4evars key features. The css only cheats status text position into add-on bar without really adding status to addon bar. I might add this css hack to CTR later.

StinDaWg wrote:
Aris wrote:I don't remember your toolbar configuration anymore. Could you post a screenshot?

One of your navigation toolbar items seem to change toolbars height or button margins/paddings. In my tests with only default items on nav-bar it worked fine and I could hover/access the back button by moving the cursor into left top screen corner.

Fullscreen view + mov. back/forward button + inverted icons + small/large view + tabs not on top + appbutton in nav-bar + additional/bookmarks toolbars disabled
avada

Post by avada »

Hello!
There seems to be a small issue with tab coloring of the active tab if the minimum width is set to really small like 30px.

Not an issue, but I think the the way UnloadTab makes the the whole tab transparent (also shown on the picture) including the icon (and CTR's highlight) is nicer. To me it shows it more distinctly that a tab's unloaded.

Also there seems to be an incompatibility with tab mix plus's multi row tabbar feature. (But that might be relate to CTB, not sure...)
Tab's are half missing on the lowest row.
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

avada wrote:...There seems to be a small issue with tab coloring of the active tab if the minimum width is set to really small like 30px...

The lowest min-width with no artifacts is 48px
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Aris

Post by Aris »

@avada

Like Virtual_ManPL said, tab width below 48px is not supported. Didn't you saw the note on preference window?

avada

Post by avada »

Ummm, no. I had it set to 30 since ages.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Yes, but CTRs squared tabs only support 48px as minimum width, otherwise they look corrupt in many cases.
Don't compare pre-Fx29 tabs with Fx29+ tabs, they do look the same using CTR, but they are not.

I see you are using TabMixPlus, so the width is controlled by TMP and you won't see the warning shown on CTR prefwindow about tab size restrictions.
Using min&max-width of 48px and multirowed tabs in TMP looks almost fine to me:

Also using multiple tab modifying addons (TMP, CTR, UnloadTab) at the same time will always cause trouble.
avada

Post by avada »

It looks like this to me:
Also using multiple tab modifying addons (TMP, CTR, UnloadTab) at the same time will always cause trouble.

Well, TMP and CTR is a must. :) UnloadTab should only effect the color. I only have it around for this. Can't recreate the effect myself.
(Well I can set all transparent with ".tabbrowser-tab { opacity: 0.5 !important;}" just can't restrict it to unloaded tabs)

Nevermind, got it: ".tabbrowser-tab[pending]"
LBD_Nytetrayn

Post by LBD_Nytetrayn »

I just found myself with the latest update last night, and overall, I have only one serious beef with it. A friend directed me to this add-on, and while it's been handy for tweaking certain things, I haven't been able to figure out if it can solve my main issue. (And apologies if it's been covered; this thread is quite long/extensive, and I've already run through over a dozen pages with no luck.)

Basically, the version of Firefox I had before (I didn't get the number before it updated) had it so that clicking the Bookmarks or History button would open a... I don't know the proper technical term, but a sidebar of sorts into the browser that would remain open, and keep the folder I'd chosen open (which I used a lot, having imported my bookmarks from IE, and having numerous subfolders for forums, work-related, webcomics, and so forth beyond that). I'd also scroll down some lists and basically check a number of sites in sequence without losing my place.

Similarly, if I needed to sort through numerous pages from a site I'd just visited, I'd do so by keeping History open and clicking down the list. Now I have to click, open again, click, open again, searching again all the while instead of having my last choice be highlighted.

As you might imagine, this new setup where it drops down the same way each time and I have to hover over each individual folder is a nightmare for me. Whereas I could click one site after another to check for updates periodically, now the process looks like it will take a whole lot longer. Is there any way to restore the old bookmarks/history "sidebar" with this add-on? Maybe I just don't know the proper term for what I'm looking for.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Open Firefox customize panel by right clicking on an empty area of the tab bar. Find a button in the panel called "Sidebars" and drag it to a toolbar. Then close customize. The button controls both bookmarks and history sidebars... simply click on the button til you get the sidebar you want. You can also use Ctrl+B or Ctrl+H to open and close the sidebars, no button required.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
LBD_Nytetrayn

Post by LBD_Nytetrayn »

JayhawksRock wrote:Open Firefox customize panel by right clicking on an empty area of the tab bar. Find a button in the panel called "Sidebars" and drag it to a toolbar. Then close customize. The button controls both bookmarks and history sidebars... simply click on the button til you get the sidebar you want. You can also use Ctrl+B or Ctrl+H to open and close the sidebars, no button required.

Thank you SO much! This is just what I needed! :D =D>
Aris

Post by Aris »

@avada
Your multirowed tabs look fine to me.

@LBD_Nytetrayn
@JayhawksRock

CTR also provides buttons for bookmarks and history sidebars.

StinDaWg

Post by StinDaWg »

Aris wrote:
StinDaWg wrote:

One of your navigation toolbar items seem to change toolbars height or button margins/paddings. In my tests with only default items on nav-bar it worked fine and I could hover/access the back button by moving the cursor into left top screen corner.

Fullscreen view + mov. back/forward button + inverted icons + small/large view + tabs not on top + appbutton in nav-bar + additional/bookmarks toolbars disabled

If you move the cursor to the very top left you can still click the back button? I can if I move the mouse even half a percent down, but I can't if it's at the exact point where the left and top lines meet.

Edit: I just checked again and none of the buttons highlight when sliding the cursor across the top of the page.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

polx9090,
I split your post off to here, as it wasn't rel; to the topic.
> viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2880593
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)