[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ffuser2014

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (Customize UI) #2

Post by ffuser2014 »

Aris wrote:You are using the option to hide all top toolbar borders, so tab toolbars bottom border seems to get hidden in maximized mode too.
Try this:

Code: Select all

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5e89r7kop212csg/CTR_v126r19.xpi?dl=0

Ok that one works, but i had this piece of code added to my userchrome.css file before you helped me. There is a much lighter border without this code in place regardless if a tab is opened or not. So how can i keep the tab borders without that light border when the tabs are closed? If i have tabs opened i can still see that light border.

#navigator-toolbox::after {
display: none !important;
}

http://www.mediafire.com/view/sgdk1vto68ejt6f/without_code_to_remove_border_line.JPG
http://www.mediafire.com/view/kz6zgtqyniwmkmy/without_code_to_remove_border_line_with_tabs_opened.JPG
Aris

Post by Aris »

@streetwolf

I didn't see this right away, because this glitch does not appear, if CTRs application button is on titlebar. :mrgreen:

There is a way to modify window controls area to optimize minimize buttons appearance (for Personas/lwthemes).

#titlebar-buttonbox {
  -moz-margin-end:-5px !important;
}

CTRs alt bg color option also gets improved by this code, but it is still not perfect.
Actually Win8s flat, transparent button design is responsible for this glitch.
Not sure something can be done about that.

@ffuser2014
Thats strange, using that code removes the border for me.
Last edited by Aris on October 21st, 2014, 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

The css code does the job for me. Thanks, pal.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
Aris

Post by Aris »

Mozilla should add such code for lwtheme/Personas by default imo.
ffuser2014

Post by ffuser2014 »

Aris wrote:@ffuser2014
Thats strange, using that code removes the border for me.

That's the problem. That border shouldn't be visible all the time. If i use that code then it also removes the border under the tabs which you helped fix for me. Is there no way to have both? With Firefox 28 and prior there was no border showing like that. Only a small border under the tabs when they were opened.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Aris... Think it might be helpful if you updated the bug report I gave you with the snippet of css code you came up with?
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
Aris

Post by Aris »

ffuser2014 wrote:..

That's the problem. That border shouldn't be visible all the time. If i use that code then it also removes the border under the tabs which you helped fix for me. Is there no way to have both? With Firefox 28 and prior there was no border showing like that. Only a small border under the tabs when they were opened.

So the border should only be visible, if tabs are visible?

Use this code in Stylish (see 1st post):

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"][tabsontop="false"][sizemode="normal"] #TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme):not([collapsed="true"]),
#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"][tabsontop="false"][sizemode="maximized"] #TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme):not([collapsed="true"]) {
  border-bottom: 2px solid hsla(209,67%,12%,0.25) !important;
}
}

This won't work in userchrome.css.

@streetwolf
OK
ffuser2014

Post by ffuser2014 »

Aris wrote:
So the border should only be visible, if tabs are visible?

Use this code in Stylish (see 1st post):

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"][tabsontop="false"][sizemode="normal"] #TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme):not([collapsed="true"]),
#main-window[defaultfxtheme="true"][tabsontop="false"][sizemode="maximized"] #TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme):not([collapsed="true"]) {
  border-bottom: 2px solid hsla(209,67%,12%,0.25) !important;
}
}

This won't work in userchrome.css.

Almost there! Which part of that code is for the color? I'd like the border to be a light grey, non-transparent like it is in Firefox 28 and prior. I'm still looking for info regarding this. Thanks again for all your help Aris!
Bullrun

Post by Bullrun »

The color is the hsla number "(209,67%,12%,0.25)" Google hsla light gray to substitute your choice.
ffuser2014

Post by ffuser2014 »

Bullrun wrote:The color is the hsla number "(209,67%,12%,0.25)" Google hsla light gray to substitute your choice.

Great! Thanks alot.
Drumbrake

Post by Drumbrake »

I'm seeing something weird happening with navigation bar icons in Firefox 33 (on Linux 64bit):they look smaller than they used to be,even if I've not checked the option to use small icons,but then when I open a private browsing window there are some missing (which may well depend from private browsing itself,and have nothing to do with CTR),but as a side effect the remaining icons are now normally sized.

Also,when I enter customize mode,some icons shift into a weird overflow area at the right edge of the navigation bar,and the other visible icons become normal again.
I can post screenshots and be more specific about the CTR version (it should be the current beta,however) later on.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Hey Aris:

I have the option checked off to 'Reduce space above toolbar (if possible)' so my tabs are right at the top of the window with no space. When I use a lwtheme, and I have the menu toolbar hidden, hitting the alt key will change the appearance of the Bookmarks tool bar slightly when the menu appears. Some lwthemes have a more drastic change than others. Check it out. Don't know if you can do anything about it.
diderot

Post by diderot »

Here's a question--I have noticed that some extensions cause Firefox to use more of the CPU (and hence reduce battery life on my laptop). In that vein, I've noticed that Firefox with CTR seems to show up in OS X Mavericks' "Apps Using Significant Energy" list more than without it (and--I think--greater energy usage in Activity Monitor).

On the other hand, it can be a little hard to tell, since there are a lot of factors re: browser resource use. Does anyone know if CTR is likely to be the culprit?
Aris

Post by Aris »

Drumbrake wrote:I'm seeing something weird happening with navigation bar icons in Firefox 33 (on Linux 64bit):they look smaller than they used to be,even if I've not checked the option to use small icons,but then when I open a private browsing window there are some missing (which may well depend from private browsing itself,and have nothing to do with CTR),but as a side effect the remaining icons are now normally sized.

Also,when I enter customize mode,some icons shift into a weird overflow area at the right edge of the navigation bar,and the other visible icons become normal again.
I can post screenshots and be more specific about the CTR version (it should be the current beta,however) later on.

Icon size hasn't changed here: http://i.imgur.com/VUOlxnd.png
Does this also happen on a new profile? Could you check with and without CTR installed? Screenshots would be helpful.

streetwolf wrote:Hey Aris:

I have the option checked off to 'Reduce space above toolbar (if possible)' so my tabs are right at the top of the window with no space. When I use a lwtheme, and I have the menu toolbar hidden, hitting the alt key will change the appearance of the Bookmarks tool bar slightly when the menu appears. Some lwthemes have a more drastic change than others. Check it out. Don't know if you can do anything about it.

I've tested some lwthemes, but haven't noticed anything unusual. Enabling menubar by hitting ALT key changed ui like on this screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/rzlgGke.png

diderot wrote:Here's a question--I have noticed that some extensions cause Firefox to use more of the CPU (and hence reduce battery life on my laptop). In that vein, I've noticed that Firefox with CTR seems to show up in OS X Mavericks' "Apps Using Significant Energy" list more than without it (and--I think--greater energy usage in Activity Monitor).

On the other hand, it can be a little hard to tell, since there are a lot of factors re: browser resource use. Does anyone know if CTR is likely to be the culprit?

Some of CTRs features could increase cpu load or require more resources than others.

The one constantly performing checks for changes is "favicon in urlbars identity box". Did you enable it? Besides that all features use Mozillas default listeners.

You could try to disable/reset some preferences for testing to see if they are responsible for a higher cpu load on your system.
- Install 1.2.6beta2
- disable favicon in urlbars identity box
- disable activity indicator (can only be disabled in 1.2.6beta)
- reset tab width settings to default (just in case)
- disable 'hide tabs toolbar with one tab'
- restart browser
Drumbrake

Post by Drumbrake »

Aris wrote:
Drumbrake wrote:I'm seeing something weird happening with navigation bar icons in Firefox 33 (on Linux 64bit):they look smaller than they used to be,even if I've not checked the option to use small icons,but then when I open a private browsing window there are some missing (which may well depend from private browsing itself,and have nothing to do with CTR),but as a side effect the remaining icons are now normally sized.

Icon size hasn't changed here: http://i.imgur.com/VUOlxnd.png
Does this also happen on a new profile? Could you check with and without CTR installed? Screenshots would be helpful.

Screenshot with normal icons Image

Screenshot with "reduced" icons Image

This looks kinda random,right now in Firefox 33 (on Linux 64bit) with CTR 1.2.6beta2 I have two windows,one has normal icons whilst the other shows this "reduced" icons.
As far as I can tell,this has been happening for a while now,probably before Firefox 33.