MozillaZine

[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

Post Posted March 29th, 2019, 9:57 am

There was a time Firefox offered that line by default in tab not on top mode. Later it was disabled and reenabled again. So some users require it other want it to be gone. ;-)

To override it inside CustomCSSforFx Fx65+ styles, this will work once added to userChrome.css

Code: Select all
#TabsToolbar,
#main-window:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme-brighttext #TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme,
#main-window:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme:-moz-lwtheme-brighttext #TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme {
  border-bottom: 1px solid black !important;
}

Ledragonnantais

Post Posted March 29th, 2019, 1:40 pm

Aris wrote:There was a time Firefox offered that line by default in tab not on top mode. Later it was disabled and reenabled again. So some users require it other want it to be gone. ;-)

To override it inside CustomCSSforFx Fx65+ styles, this will work once added to userChrome.css

#TabsToolbar,
#main-window:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme-brighttext #TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme,
#main-window:not([style*='--lwt-header-image']):-moz-lwtheme:-moz-lwtheme-brighttext #TabsToolbar:-moz-lwtheme {
}

Works flawlessly thanks a lot. I really don't know how people can navigate with this bar. It's like "Hey look at me I'm here, focus on me" , on any dark website :lol:.

Prof. Martelo

Post Posted May 6th, 2019, 5:54 am

Ledragonnantais wrote:
Aris wrote:There was a time Firefox offered that line by default in tab not on top mode. Later it was disabled and reenabled again. So some users require it other want it to be gone. ;-)

#TabsToolbar,
}

Works flawlessly thanks a lot. I really don't know how people can navigate with this bar. It's like "Hey look at me I'm here, focus on me" , on any dark website :lol:.

I also have the same problem and this didn´t work for me:

my setup:
@import "./config/general_variables.css"; /**/
@import "./config/color_variables_aero.css"; /**/ /* <- 'AeroBlue' colors (Win 7 Aero) */
@import "./css/tabs/tabs_below_navigation_toolbar_fx65.css"; /**/ /* <-- tabs not on top Fx65+ */
@import "./css/toolbars/general_toolbar_colors.css"; /**/

Bruno Nascimento

Post Posted May 14th, 2019, 2:36 pm

Hello, I'm on MacOS, and I started to tinker with Waterfox 68 Alpha yesterday (I'll eventually have to change, so why not).

Using Custom CSS 2.5.3 I was able to leave almost everything how I wanted to, but 3 1 thing seem to be above my kung-fu:

- I can't for the life of me reduce tabbar height. It's currently at 33px, while I want it at 24. Also, the active tab seems to be 1px higher than the others, I don't know why.
- I'd like to make the search field wider, with about 360px.
- I'd also would like to scale the magifying glass icon i the search field to about 65% it's size, and reduce it's opacity to about 70 to 75%.

Thx in advance. Any help is appreciated.

Aris

Post Posted August 17th, 2019, 1:47 am

@Prof
Not sure if the problem still exists, but testing on a clean profile with CustomCSSforFx full package should offer a proper result.

@Bruno
Same here, testing on a clean profile with CustomCSSforFx full package should offer a proper result. Tab height can be set within the general variables file.

Future CustomCSSforFx questions or issue reports should be done within the CustomCSSforFx repository on Github.

CTR is dead/discontinued.

avada

Post Posted August 27th, 2019, 12:28 am

Hi!

Can I use custom CSS to get FF's correct behavior for the Windows 8 theme on Windows 10, when I upgrade?

This used to be a problem before. FF didn't use the taskbar color anymore and the appearance looked wretched.

Aris

Post Posted August 27th, 2019, 7:59 am

No idea, I don't use custom themes on Win10.

avada

Post Posted August 27th, 2019, 8:29 am

Aris wrote:No idea, I don't use custom themes on Win10.

Well, I was asking about you custom CSS, so I guess not.

Once you said you implemented such feature for CTS. I just don't know if you could do it via CSS only or you had to use other stuff.

Brummelchen

Post Posted August 27th, 2019, 10:09 am

you need to tell the firefox version, so current v68 behave different than waterfox/firefox v56.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases