[EXT] Menu Wizard

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
makondo

Re: [EXT] S3.Menu Wizard

Post by makondo »

I have a major problem with MW. For some reason (could be Fx32b1 update a day ago), it doesn't show some very important to me items.
I use Web Search Pro and WSP menu items were showing in the Main Context menu just fine. But they don't now, i just noticed that today (My Fx updated to Fx32b1 yesterday but i don't know if it has anything to do with it). If i disable MW, they show fine again. The items are checked, just don't show in the Rclick context menu!

ImageImage

MW disabled:

PS: never mind my styles, they have nothing to do with this, i see the same with styles disabled.

EDIT: wait! I think the problem is in fact Fx32b1 - i think MW is broken in Fx32b1, didn't they add #context-navigation (navigation bar at the top of the contxt menu)? That seems to break menu display. Anybody else with Fx32 here?

Clean profile:

Main profile with WSP installed:
pag77

Post by pag77 »

version 1.06 await approval
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/s3menu-wizard/versions/

changes:
added: remember last state for the options page (about:config-menu)
added: "select/deselect all" button for the "keyboard shortcuts"
added: edit Toolbar context menu
added: only for Configure menu on the fly: edit NavBar context menu
added: only for Configure menu on the fly: edit SearchBar context menu
added: only for Configure menu on the fly: edit Toolbar buttons context menu
fixed: minor bug fixes for Nightly 34.0a1 (2014-07-25)

pag77 wrote:
avada wrote:It's basically the inverse of the problem I had earlier.
Here's an APNG screencap of it:

makondo wrote: see this too and it is quite annoying. It shows only for a split second but pretty annoying nonetheless

well, I will look for solutions to this problem

please test in 1.06
pag77

Post by pag77 »

version 1.07 await approval

changes:
deleted: edit Toolbar context menu
added: only for Configure menu on the fly: edit Toolbar context menu
makondo

Post by makondo »

Thanks for the update!
What does this mean: added: only for Configure menu on the fly: ... ?

This is a difficult ext. to set up. Apparently a lot depends on separators which aren't easy to figure out. I was able to 'fix' some of the missed items problem by moving them around (where i didn't want them but at least i can see and use them now). I don't know if that fixed the issue or your update helped it. But i still see separators (double, triple) when some items are hidden. It's very difficult to figure which separator belongs where. I think this ext. could benefit from some coloring. For instance, separators and menus they suppose to show in would be the same color (or have the same background color).

I have a couple of suggestions.

1. When moving items around (in about:), it's not easy to drop them in a proper spot. My menus are very long. So, i grab an item and drag it all the way down somewhere, drop it and .... oops! it didn't work! (which happens 80% of the time for me) and i now have to scroll back up, grab the items, scroll down .... you get the picture?
This happens because the insert slot is very small and hard to see. I think it would be better if you'll increase that space to a full line height and place an image there, some sort of indicator, like an arrow to show where you're about to drop the item.

2. It would be helpful to be able to select multiple items instead of dragging them one by one. Just like any selection works (on windows anyway) Ctrl+L mouse to highlight all items you want to drag. Some exts. have more than one item and this option will help to move them in one go.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

makondo wrote:Thanks for the update!
What does this mean: added: only for Configure menu on the fly: ... ?

===
Now even easier to customize the menu!
Configure menu on the fly: in menu added button "Configure this menu"
===

..added: only for Configure menu on the fly...
These menus are mainly formed dynamically and most convenient way to manipulate them through "configure-on-the-fly"

so "about:config-menu" they are not available
changes only through the "configure-on-the-fly"

makondo wrote:1. When moving items around (in about:), it's not easy to drop them in a proper spot. My menus are very long.....

maybe can help "split screen"?

makondo wrote:2. It would be helpful to be able to select multiple items instead of dragging them one by one...

it is already in the work plan, please be patient :)
makondo

Post by makondo »

Split screen doesn't help if the spot is hardly visible. I can probably do this with a style, didn't try yet, but i think you should do it in your code: increase the drop line to a full line-height and show some image there, some sort of drop indicator, like an arrow maybe (like tabs drag & drop indicator, for instance).

Sorry, i don't understand how 'on the fly' works. I can't move anything in those menus. I click the Configure icon and all i can do is check/uncheck items. I can't move them around.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

makondo wrote:Split screen doesn't help if the spot is hardly visible. I can probably do this with a style, didn't try yet, but i think you should do it in your code: increase the drop line to a full line-height and show some image there, some sort of drop indicator, like an arrow maybe (like tabs drag & drop indicator, for instance).

highlight is underline

makondo wrote:Sorry, i don't understand how 'on the fly' works. I can't move anything in those menus. I click the Configure icon and all i can do is check/uncheck items. I can't move them around.

yes, moving menu only in the work plans...
makondo

Post by makondo »

1. What's the ID for that underline?
2. Thanks!

EDIT: NM, i got the ID and styled it for better visibility.
avada

Post by avada »

pag77 wrote:version 1.06 await approval

changes:
added: remember last state for the options page (about:config-menu)
added: "select/deselect all" button for the "keyboard shortcuts"
added: edit Toolbar context menu
added: only for Configure menu on the fly: edit NavBar context menu
added: only for Configure menu on the fly: edit SearchBar context menu
added: only for Configure menu on the fly: edit Toolbar buttons context menu
fixed: minor bug fixes for Nightly 34.0a1 (2014-07-25)

Thanks! The splitters seem to appear appropriately now.
pag77 wrote:version 1.07 await approval

changes:
deleted: edit Toolbar context menu
added: only for Configure menu on the fly: edit Toolbar context menu

Why? It works splendidly. Also it, we loose the ability to rename menu items there. (I already used it.)
dsyo2008

Post by dsyo2008 »

Hello, 1.07 have problems down menus are full hook? 1.05 go back to normal, where the problem? To uninstall the extension, and then reinstall the expansion it?
MC_Fat_Tongue

Post by MC_Fat_Tongue »

Hello,

I too am also having problems with 1.07. Specifically it's effecting the NoScript menu when you click on its icon, some of the menu items are missing and clicking on other menu items has no effect. When I deactivate S3.Menu Wizard the problem no longer occurs.

I've had to stop using your addon while this problem still exists, I look forward to an update so I can use both.

Kindest regards.
makondo

Post by makondo »

^ You're both using Fx32beta as do i. As i said above, there's a problem with display in Fx32b1 which - i think - caused by the new bar added to context menu:

I unchecked those items for now (at the top of the Main Context Menu (all those context-back, context-forward, etc):

At least for now, i can use my menus again. It also took some tinkering with unchecking some separators. Took me a while but my menus can be used again. That said, the ext. needs a fix for Fx32.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

avada wrote:Why? It works splendidly. Also it, we loose the ability to rename menu items there. (I already used it.)

hm... ok.. 1.08 restore this.... :)

dsyo2008 wrote:Hello, 1.07 have problems down menus are full hook?

I'm sorry, I do not understand what your problem

MC_Fat_Tongue wrote:I too am also having problems with 1.07. Specifically it's effecting the NoScript menu when you click on its icon, some of the menu items are missing and clicking on other menu items has no effect. When I deactivate S3.Menu Wizard the problem no longer occurs.

please more details
please show screenshots of the menu: enable the S3.Menu Wizard and without S3.Menu Wizard

makondo wrote:That said, the ext. needs a fix for Fx32

please more details
i tested... 1.07 works fine in Main Context Menu on 32beta
pag77

Post by pag77 »

pag77 wrote:i tested... 1.07 works fine in Main Context Menu on 32beta

pag77

Post by pag77 »

oopppsss... Excuse me! i tested in Firefox Nightly 34.0....
where can I download 32beta?