[EXT] S3.Translator

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
bob99

Re: [EXT] S3.Google Translator

Post by bob99 »

How do I use the Learning Language mode?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

bob99 wrote:How do I use the Learning Language mode?

1. 0pen settings
2. tab "Learning Language"
3. enable Learning mode (1)
4. Replace the phrases in this language: set all or your native language, such as English (2)
5. Learning language: set such as Italian (3)
6. press OK (4)
7. visit the website in English, for example https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/s3google-translator/
8. In the text will appear in a random location highlighted words translated into Italian. (5)
9. When you hover the mouse will appear source text (6)

city_zen

Post by city_zen »

Hi,
I've just installed S3 Google Translator. Looks like a great add-on, thanks for creating it.

A few suggestions for future releases that you might consider adding:

- Make the translation panel "detachable", so one has the option of leaving it like now (at the bottom of the page) or having it on a separate window. Pretty much like Adblock Plus does with the blocked elements list
- Display the current "to" and "from" languages in the context menu, like Fast Translation does
- Add an "Expression checker" feature, like the one the Globefish add-on had. I found it very useful, but unfortunately Globefish was abandoned and became incompatible with the latest Firefox releases. Here's an explanation of how the "Expression checker" feature worked, by the Globefish add-on authors:
To help you with writing in foreign languages, Globefish makes it easy to compare how often phrases appear on the web. Switch to "Compare how often phrases appear on web" tab, to use this feature. For example, a user may type "delivery options" and "delivery choices" to find out which one is more commonly used and possibly sounds better than the other. The user will find that a bar graph for "delivery options" is much longer than that for "delivery choices", indicating that "delivery options" is much more frequent and likely to sound better than "delivery choices".

And this screenshot shows the Expression Checker at work:

Thank you in advance for considering my suggestions.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Thanks for your suggestions - I'll include them in its work plan
pag77

Post by pag77 »

version 3.02 await approval
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/s3google-translator/versions/

changes:
added: Google-translate-CAPTCHA detected
added: Option for Learning mode: Do not use for HTTPS
fixed: improved Learning mode
fixed: S3.Google Translator functionality restored for older versions of Firefox
added: support for PaleMoon
bob99

Post by bob99 »

The addon is automatically translating youtube pages for no reason. When I click "Turn off translation for this site" and reload the page it still translates the page.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

bob99 wrote:The addon is automatically translating youtube pages for no reason. When I click "Turn off translation for this site" and reload the page it still translates the page.

S3.Google Translator - Options - tab Translate
Click to button "Clear history of translated sites"
bob99

Post by bob99 »

pag77 wrote:S3.Google Translator - Options - tab Translate
Click to button "Clear history of translated sites"

It worked thanks.
NotSoE4sy

Post by NotSoE4sy »

Excellent add-on, works perfectly, I've tried all the translating alternatives and this is the best by far. I wanted automatic webpage translation without hassle, or Google Translate page popping out, there's just one thing:

Is there a way to automatically remove or hide the "Google Translate - Translated to" bar that appears at the top of the page every time a site is translated? It's visually annoying and i prefer not to click the "X" constantly when I'm browsing a site, i click links every 15 seconds or so, and it always appears at the top.

Thanks! Great work =D>
pag77

Post by pag77 »

> remove or hide the "Google Translate - Translated to" bar that appears at the top of the page every time a site is translated?

thank you for your suggestion
pag77

Post by pag77 »

version 3.03 await approval

changes:
added: for this suggestion: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/s3google-translator/reviews/635474/
hidden settings: about:config -> extensions.s3gt.translate_page_hide_header (false / true)

added: if press "Ctrl" + "Translate full page" - the translate full page via Google Web site
added: in some cases the translation full page automatically is done through Google Web site
fixed: minor bug fixes
pag77

Post by pag77 »

version 3.04 await approval

changes:
fixed: hotkey for translation page
bob99

Post by bob99 »

One thing I don't like is if you allow a site to always be automatically translated there is no way to remove it later. You have to click "Clear history of translated sites" which removes all of your sites. Can you put a box in the options with the list of sites that we have allowed and let us add or remove sites manually?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

bob99, ok, please wait new version
pag77

Post by pag77 »

version 3.05 await approval

changes:
added: in context-menu added button "Forget the translation of this site"
added: in traslation-box added checkbox "remember" for Lang-from
added: button "Learning language" in tools-menu
added: in traslation-box added button "pin/unpin". When unpin - close the box after focus loss
updated: Ukranian locale (thanks Sacredwheels)
fixed: minor bug fixes