[EXT] S3.Translator

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mozillauser8564

Re: [EXT] S3.Translator

Post by mozillauser8564 »

When I long press the left button over a word to translate, is there a way to make the translation box close automatically after I release the left button?

It's annoying to have to go over to the closer box every time to close it.
Thomas.Weber

Post by Thomas.Weber »

pag77 wrote:
Thomas.Weber wrote:
please try add in "noscript, etc.." in white list: translate.google.com
that doesn't help, i need to allow the current domain, here forums.mozillazine.org
Try: NoScript - Settings - Disable XSS
hm... there's already a regex XSS exception in noscript:

^https?://translate\.google\.com/translate_t[^"'<>?%]+$

ah well, i switched now back to 5.3 which works fine on older firefox versions.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

mozillauser8564 wrote:When I long press the left button over a word to translate, is there a way to make the translation box close automatically after I release the left button?

It's annoying to have to go over to the closer box every time to close it.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

For translation and normal work on the pages of addons.mozilla.org

only for Firefox57+

1. in the address bar: about:config
2. right-click to create a logical
3. setting name: privacy.resistFingerprinting.block_mozAddonManager
4. value: true

you do not need to restart the browser, just update the tab addons.mozilla.org
MPC-BE

Post by MPC-BE »

pag77 wrote:
MPC-BE wrote:but working without ublock and umatrix enables
please try add in "ublock, etc.." in white list: translate.google.com
Hi, thanks for ansewer, I alredy did that, but sometimes work sometimes no (tab open in backgrund not working almost never; and not working word translation in this web [mozillazine]).
DCLXVI

Post by DCLXVI »

I really love this extension, but I would like to make a suggestion. The language that you've got labeled as "African" is not actually called "African". The language is called "Afrikaans". Please fix.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

DCLXVI wrote:I really love this extension, but I would like to make a suggestion. The language that you've got labeled as "African" is not actually called "African". The language is called "Afrikaans". Please fix.
is it for what interface language (English, German, Italian, etc....)?
DCLXVI

Post by DCLXVI »

pag77 wrote: is it for what interface language (English, German, Italian, etc....)?
I'm using the English interface language.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

DCLXVI wrote:
pag77 wrote: is it for what interface language (English, German, Italian, etc....)?
I'm using the English interface language.
Thank you for your bug-report!
zamar27

Post by zamar27 »

I'm trying the latest S3 addon for Chrome. Is it possible to show its popup window continuosly open ONLY on pages with certain language like Chineses? Once I open or switch to a tab with different language like English, the popup window should auto close. Once I returned to Chinese tab, the popup should auto open again. This feature can use already stored by the addon data on the list of sites to translate. Or, it can use a new "List of Launguages to auto open the popup window". THis feature would be very useful, since a user wouldn't need to click the button to open and close the popup. Thanks for your great helper program!

Example of use:
when a user browses auto-translated to English or Russian Chinese pages, its often needed to enter some search terms to search the Chinese portal. You usually enter them in S3 popup window, translate to Chinese, then enter into Search field on the Chinese portal. So the S3 popup should be always open, but only on Chinese pages. On English pages or another native for the user language, there is no need to keep the popup open.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

zamar27 wrote:I'm trying the latest S3 addon for Chrome. Is it possible to show its popup window continuosly open ONLY on pages with certain language like Chineses? Once I open or switch to a tab with different language like English, the popup window should auto close. Once I returned to Chinese tab, the popup should auto open again. This feature can use already stored by the addon data on the list of sites to translate. Or, it can use a new "List of Launguages to auto open the popup window". THis feature would be very useful, since a user wouldn't need to click the button to open and close the popup. Thanks for your great helper program!

Example of use:
when a user browses auto-translated to English or Russian Chinese pages, its often needed to enter some search terms to search the Chinese portal. You usually enter them in S3 popup window, translate to Chinese, then enter into Search field on the Chinese portal. So the S3 popup should be always open, but only on Chinese pages. On English pages or another native for the user language, there is no need to keep the popup open.
Thank you for your suggestions!
zamar27

Post by zamar27 »

Just wanted to report some bugs I noticed by now in S3 for Chrome:

- S3 ignores the list of languages to translate choosen in Options. It still offers all installed languages in the popup window dropdown menu
- S3 shows both Settings and Options choices, when RMC its icon on the browser toolbar, and they point to the same settings webpage
stresser

Post by stresser »

I'm using s3.translator in Firefox and I can not translate any page from https://github.com with s3.translator. When I try to translate, I'm redirected to translate.google.com and get the following message: For security reasons, framing is not allowed.
But in other sites that are also https such as https://thehackernews.com s3.translator can translate normally. Any way to fix this problem in github?

Another thing, in the earlier version of s3.translator, I was able to remove the button from the extension, as I prefer the option to translate only in the context menu. In the current version have any way I can do this? If not, can you add the option to remove the extension button again?

Thank you for your wonderful extension, and thank you even more for having made available the possibility of translating into Brazilian Portuguese (my native language).
pag77

Post by pag77 »

zamar27 wrote:- S3 ignores the list of languages to translate choosen in Options. It still offers all installed languages in the popup window dropdown menu
- S3 shows both Settings and Options choices, when RMC its icon on the browser toolbar, and they point to the same settings webpage
Please screenshots about your problems step-by-step
stresser wrote:I'm using s3.translator in Firefox and I can not translate any page from https://github.com with s3.translator. When I try to translate, I'm redirected to translate.google.com and get the following message: For security reasons, framing is not allowed.
But in other sites that are also https such as https://thehackernews.com s3.translator can translate normally. Any way to fix this problem in github?
It seems that gihub has a Content-Security-Policy that does not allow to load scripts from translate.google.com
stresser wrote:Another thing, in the earlier version of s3.translator, I was able to remove the button from the extension, as I prefer the option to translate only in the context menu. In the current version have any way I can do this? If not, can you add the option to remove the extension button again?
right click to icon - delete from toolbar
zamar27

Post by zamar27 »

@pag77
I can't reproduce the 1st mentioned defect now. But the 2nd defect occurs when in "S3 Translator Settings - Clicking on Picture" one selects Translate Page, or Translate Selected Text, or similar options except Menu option, and then click RMC on S3 icon on the browser toolbar on any website.

Also sometimes S3 Popup shows a shorter list of lower Menu Icons. In particular, Switch Languages and some other icons are missing, when I open S3 Popup from browser toolbar after changing from Translate Page to Menu in the above S3 Settings. The only way I found to return these icons is to click on some links on the webpage to open in a new Tab, so the Popup in that Tab will show full list of lower Menu Icons. Not sure, may be its by design?