[EXT] S3.Translator

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pag77

Re: [EXT] S3.Translator

Post by pag77 »

yarrmateys wrote:should this extension demand browser restart to update? i thought that was supposed to go away completely with the advent of webextensions, but this one persistently tells me to restart firefox after each update.
Yes, because of its specificity, this extension will only be updated after the browser is restarted
Pret1934

Post by Pret1934 »

Is there anyway you can add support for firefox sync ?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Pret1934 wrote:Is there anyway you can add support for firefox sync ?
what do you mean?
Dirk X

Post by Dirk X »

Just recently started using S3, and I have a question. Would it be possible to define unique translations? Meaning tell it that a certain word or phrase should be translated in a different way (or a different word) ?
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Dirk X wrote:Just recently started using S3, and I have a question. Would it be possible to define unique translations? Meaning tell it that a certain word or phrase should be translated in a different way (or a different word) ?
Dirk X

Post by Dirk X »

pag77 wrote:
Dirk X wrote:Just recently started using S3, and I have a question. Would it be possible to define unique translations? Meaning tell it that a certain word or phrase should be translated in a different way (or a different word) ?
And if what I want isn't there? Can I enter my own word/term and it'll remember it in the settings? I don't see how to do that.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Dirk X wrote:Can I enter my own word/term and it'll remember it in the settings? I don't see how to do that.
sorry, no
but I can add this feature to my work plan
Dirk X

Post by Dirk X »

pag77 wrote:
Dirk X wrote:Can I enter my own word/term and it'll remember it in the settings? I don't see how to do that.
sorry, no
but I can add this feature to my work plan
I'm a poor student but I'd definitely contribute (donate) a bit if you could do that. Thank you.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Dirk X wrote:I'm a poor student but I'd definitely contribute (donate) a bit if you could do that. Thank you.
you do not necessarily to pay.
just tell me "thank you" and tell about my addons to your friends :)
https://addons.mozilla.org/user/senselius/

Also you can help improve the extension if you activate the statistics collection: Settings - Other - Statistics
S3.Translator don't collect cookies, password, e-mails or any other confidential info.
Only the domains (not full URLs) of the web-sites visited and nothing else.
Dirk X

Post by Dirk X »

pag77 wrote:
Dirk X wrote:I'm a poor student but I'd definitely contribute (donate) a bit if you could do that. Thank you.
you do not necessarily to pay.
just tell me "thank you" and tell about my addons to your friends :)
https://addons.mozilla.org/user/senselius/

Also you can help improve the extension if you activate the statistics collection: Settings - Other - Statistics
S3.Translator don't collect cookies, password, e-mails or any other confidential info.
Only the domains (not full URLs) of the web-sites visited and nothing else.
Sorry for the late reply. I will do what you said. Keep up the great work - see ya :).
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Dirk X wrote:Sorry for the late reply. I will do what you said. Keep up the great work - see ya :).
Thank you!
Happy new year! :)
Brian E Clough

Post by Brian E Clough »

S3 always wants to translate some sites (for example YouTube). I select Options->Turn off translation for this site, but a short time later, after I click in a few more links, the app tries to translate another page.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Brian E Clough wrote:S3 always wants to translate some sites (for example YouTube). I select Options->Turn off translation for this site, but a short time later, after I click in a few more links, the app tries to translate another page.
or
S3ndG

Post by S3ndG »

Hello!
I would like to know if this behaviour is normal :
sometimes, when I write some text in an input field, I select a part of my text to translate it with S3.translator and if I have some text in the clipboard, S3.translator translates that text that is memorized, and not the selected text.

Should I set up S3.translator in another way so that issue does not happen, or is it a kind of bug?
Thanks!
pag77

Post by pag77 »

S3ndG wrote:Hello!
I would like to know if this behaviour is normal :
sometimes, when I write some text in an input field, I select a part of my text to translate it with S3.translator and if I have some text in the clipboard, S3.translator translates that text that is memorized, and not the selected text.

Should I set up S3.translator in another way so that issue does not happen, or is it a kind of bug?
Thanks!
its bug!
please make video about your problem