[ext] SeaFox - convert SeaMonkey into Firefox 3.x

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
11ryanc

Re: [ext] SeaFox - convert SeaMonkey into Firefox 3.x

Post by 11ryanc »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:
11ryanc wrote:
L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:Install Classic Toolbar Buttons. It has a lot of Firefox icons to choose from.

I've actually tried that before, but it's very broken with SeaMonkey's shell. Works great in FF though.

I'm using it in SM 2.26.1 and have no problems. Maybe it clashes with some of your other extensions.

Here I'll show you a screenshot of how it looks: http://i.imgur.com/CWkXzPK.png
It has transparent bubbles surrounding navigational buttons, as if it where designed for use on a transparent skin such as the UI of Mozilla Firefox. I once found a workaround to remove those selections, but I forgot how.
Update: Fixed that issue, but buttons are out of size and too small. I'll tweaking it.
Browsers: Firefox ESR , Pale Moon, SeaMonkey, Chromium (testing purposes).
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

11ryanc wrote:Here I'll show you a screenshot of how it looks: http://i.imgur.com/CWkXzPK.png
It has transparent bubbles surrounding navigational buttons, as if it where designed for use on a transparent skin such as the UI of Mozilla Firefox. I once found a workaround to remove those selections, but I forgot how.

Update: Fixed that issue, but buttons are out of size and too small. I'll tweaking it.

You can opt out of the button frames in the CTB settings. To change the button size, you can select Large Icons by using the default "Customize" window in SM (uncheck Use Small Icons).

For more help, you can contact Aris, he's really open to suggestions and straightening out configuration problems:

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2447747
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Yeah, I don't use that one so I don't know for sure, but I think LAR is right, you have to configure it the way you want it.... although I don't know that it properly does the round back button in SeaMonkey?
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

I played around with it a little and choosing large icons (by unchecking small icons) gives mixed results. Some of the icons remain small and some are enlarged. The icons pertaining to the add-on stay small, while other icons, such as ABP, change to large. This may be the result of FX eliminating large icons and thus, no large icons are available in the add-on for SM. Patrick is correct, none of the icons selected contain the round back button.

I also notice that some add-ons such as NoScript and Video Download Helper are no longer supporting large icons. I think large icons are going to be a "thing-of-the-past" in the near future.

Even with the add-on disabled and using the default SM theme, NoScript and Video Download Helper still use small icons.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
patrickjdempsey

Ironically, extensions which may have abandoned the normal "large icons" mode will probably now feature "extra large menu icons". But yes, on the whole Firefox extensions developers are following the current trend in Firefox development, and dropping icon sizes. But obviously they haven't gotten the memo that when HiDPI mode comes to Firefox they'll need another set of 2x larger icons. Anyway, this is now very very off topic so lets drop this.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
patrickjdempsey

SeaFox 0.4.1 is now Public! If you have found that the menus have reverted to SeaMonkey style, go into the Addons Manager and choose Options under SeaFox and check "Rearrange menus like Firefox".
mod_wastrel

Post by mod_wastrel »

Minor issue with Sea Fox (0.4.1 on SM 2.33) -- this only happens the _first_ time during a session: using Alt to unhide the menubar *and* using the mouse to select a menu, the menubar will momentarily hide before unhiding again; subsequent unhide behavior is normal (no page jumping up and down--mildly annoying that). The menu displays/pops up properly, so it's only a visual annoyance, not functional; still, it's preferable that it not happen at all. Note: it doesn't happen when you use the appropriate Alt+key combo to directly open a menu, which I'd presume a lot of users do (but this is not how I typically access the menus [left hand on keyboard--unhides menubar, right hand on mouse--clicks menu same as when not auto-hiding menubar]). Thanks.
;) mozillaZine is not Mozilla; just as Godzilla is not God. Neither is Mozilla God... they just think they are (what's that about:mozilla?).
Hey, Mozilla... are you sure you wish to do this? (bug 1121291)
patrickjdempsey

Thanks... I've noticed something like that before and could never put my finger on what it was. I'm using a custom implementation of the menubar autohide because the built-in function can cause menu to be permanently hidden if someone uninstalls or disables SeaFox. It's too bad Firefox/SeaMonkey doesn't have a "slow-motion" function for debugging so we can see events slowly in sequence... things like this that happen for only a split second are ridiculously hard to track down!
mod_wastrel

Post by mod_wastrel »

Even more interesting, it only seems to happen with the Tools and History menus (Tools being the one I'll most often want to use). Still, the why of it is of more interest than actually resolving it.
;) mozillaZine is not Mozilla; just as Godzilla is not God. Neither is Mozilla God... they just think they are (what's that about:mozilla?).
Hey, Mozilla... are you sure you wish to do this? (bug 1121291)
patrickjdempsey

I could reproduce this a few days ago but honestly I cannot today running SM 2.33.1.
LuvKomputrs

Post by LuvKomputrs »

Happily using this EXCELLENT theme with SeaMonkey. :D
Just added Classic Toolbar Buttons
This is how it looks:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f23/L ... geud0n.jpg
Having no issues at all with the current version of SeaMonkey. ;)
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! =D>
Cybertronic Toon

Post by Cybertronic Toon »

I've noticed a bug: if a URL has a green "verified" style URL thing, then the address increases in size ever so slightly, and I am currently using the latest version of both Sea Fox and SeaMonkey. This Makes it look 'off' in some themes, and in Nautipolis it makes the address bar look pretty strange due to its custom styling... I think it may have something to do with a too-large line-height? Oh, and can you add an option to opt out of the grippies removal in the next version? :)
patrickjdempsey

I don't have that issue on other themes and I hadn't been testing against Alfred's themes because he hadn't updated them in a few years. I'll see what I can do... most of the problems I have with his themes are because of icon sizes.

No plan to make grippies optional as they were never in Firefox.
patrickjdempsey

Looks like when Alfred did his update he went through and changed a bunch of code that I was working around in SeaFox and now all of that is broken again. So I'll have to go through all of my code and remove my old support stuff for his themes and then redo it all.
Last edited by patrickjdempsey on April 30th, 2015, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cybertronic Toon

Post by Cybertronic Toon »

patrickjdempsey wrote:I don't have that issue on other themes and I hadn't been testing against Alfred's themes because he hadn't updated them in a few years. I'll see what I can do... most of the problems I have with his themes are because of icon sizes.

No plan to make grippies optional as they were never in Firefox.

It actually does happen in other themes, 'tis just that it is only like 1 or 2 pixels, so people may not notice it.. But I do.

Notice how the urlbar is ever so slightly bigger in the second image..that is what I am talking about. (It only happens on 'verified identity' (with company name on URLbar) sites)

(Oh and I was just asking about the grippies because I have been using SM for a while, recently decided to get your extension, and I have gotten used to having and occasionally using them, but like everything else on your extension. Ah well. :/ guess I can get used to it.)