Status of mozdev.org

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
LoudNoise

Re: Status of mozdev.org

Post by LoudNoise »

/I would suggest that you follow James.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
ondrejd

Post by ondrejd »

LoudNoise wrote:/I would suggest that you follow James.

Don't understand what you mean - but I saw the message "Go for it Tiger" - really good manners.
James

Post by James »

ondrejd, well either the mozdev.org site will come back up on its own or somebody will have some idea why it is down. Depending on who deals with the site it may not get worked on until Monday at earliest though.
ondrejd

Post by ondrejd »

James wrote:ondrejd, well either the mozdev.org site will come back up on its own or somebody will have some idea why it is down. Depending on who deals with the site it may not get worked on until Monday at earliest though.

Thanks. I'll be patient - I even don't have any source there but homepages of some projects are still there so that why I'm interested. Bye.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

I am not certain why you two are worrying over this. The domain is owned by " Registrant Organization:Mozdev Community Organization" not Mozilla. It currently appears to be dead which is good news,
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
James

Post by James »

Yes I know it is not Mozilla.org specifically however there has been nothing to say it is indeed down for good and not just the occasion of it being down possibly due to server issues.

It is not a good thing being down when it is a place people can use to host their Extensions projects.

It is hosted at http://osuosl.org/communities and is still in list as I imagine they would have removed it if it was no longer in use.
ondrejd

Post by ondrejd »

LoudNoise wrote:I am not certain why you two are worrying over this. The domain is owned by " Registrant Organization:Mozdev Community Organization" not Mozilla. It currently appears to be dead which is good news,

You should know that Mozdev.org is place that was used for many many years for hosting hundreds of extensions... but probably that not bother you.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... 1&&ct=clnk

LoudNoise wrote:I am not certain why you two are worrying over this. The domain is owned by " Registrant Organization:Mozdev Community Organization" not Mozilla. It currently appears to be dead which is good news,

Err, probably because that site is where some of the best extensions ever made for Firefox are developed and often hosted. The other clue to its importance is given in the middle of the domain name and is the word 'Community'.

In a world of thousand upon thousands of useless present day 'Ebay toolbar' type Firefox extensions, the MozDev site stands head and shoulders above them and has consistently brought Firefox users extensions that are genuinely useful.

Now, you can play your light music.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Apparently was. Sorry folks, I have never heard of the site which is surprising.
Post wrangler
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving back to EX/Theme release.
Post wrangler
Ngamer01

Post by Ngamer01 »

Mozdev is currently ran by community volunteers since Mozdev's original staff stopped maintaining and developing things for the domain. At most the volunteers just try to keep the domain active, but since there isn't much active development anymore, there will be stretches where the domain goes offline for extended periods and the domain will lack of needed newer developers functions other developer sites might have such as GitHub.

EDIT - Ninja'd by a moved thread. :oops:
James

Post by James »

Looks like it may be a old failing hard disk.

viewtopic.php?p=13591937#p13591937
James

Post by James »

www.mozdev.org seems to be working fine now.
ondrejd

Post by ondrejd »

James wrote:http://www.mozdev.org seems to be working fine now.

Perfect, thanks for the message - I checked it yesterday (or day before) and no luck - now they finally fixed the problem.