[Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 6.1.0

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

[Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 6.1.0

Post by Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat »

This is a new support thread for the Red Cats themes. Old threads, in case anyone needs them: green flavor, blue flavor

There can never be too many cats! Turn your Firefox into Firecat and enjoy browsing in the furry company. The Red Cats theme comes in green and blue flavor. There will be NO other flavors of Red Cats nor will there be a dog version of the theme.

Works on: Windows / Mac / Linux

Latest release build: 6.1.0 for Firefox 41.x - 49.x
Install/Rate/Review at AMO: green flavorblue flavor

Latest development build: none at the moment.

Preview (green flavor):

More previews (all images are clickable):
Image - Image - Image - Image

Preview (blue flavor):

More previews (all images are clickable):
Image - Image - Image - Image

Hacks

Spice up your Cats with a few hacks - just add the respective code to your userChrome.css and restart Firefox. Note that the code should go BEFORE any other text you may find inside userChrome.css or it won't do the trick. Alternatively, use Stylish - install the extension, click on the icon -> Write New Style -> Blank Style -> copy and paste the code.

• Tabs on the bottom (Red Cats 5.8.0+)
    Depending on whether your Bookmarks toolbar is hidden or shown, choose one of the two hacks in each pair:

• Red Cats native (built-in) tabs on bottom mode:

Code: Select all

@import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/tabsOnBottom_BookmarksShown.css");
      @import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/tabsOnBottom_BookmarksHidden.css");

• For use with Classic Theme Restorer - if you're using CTR to put your tabs on the bottom, they will not be displayed correctly unless you apply one of these hacks:

@import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/ctr_tabsOnBottom_BookmarksShown.css");
      @import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/ctr_tabsOnBottom_BookmarksHidden.css");
  • Tabs on the bottom (old version, Red Cats 5.7.0)
    Deprecated! Only for Red Cats 5.7.0. Do not use any of these if you're running Red Cats 4.8.0 and up.

• Built-in (no Classic Theme Restorer):

@import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/tabsOnBottom.css");
    • For use with Classic Theme Restorer:<code>

@import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/classicThemeRestorer.css");
  • Small icons mode, with or without CTR (Red Cats 6.0.0+):

@import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/small_icons.css");

• Icons + text mode - for use with CTR (Red Cats 6.0.0+):

@import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/ctr_icons_and_text.css");

• Colorful selected tab (Red Cats 5.0.0+):

• Image Bronze tab (green and blue flavor)

@import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/Bronze_tab.css");

• Image Emerald_tab (green flavor only)

@import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/Emerald_tab.css");

• Image Sapphire tab (blue flavor only)

@import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/Sapphire_tab.css");
  • Compact Bookmarks Menu button for Australis/Firefox 29+ (Red Cats 5.7.0+):
    before Image, after Image

@import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/compactBookmarksMenu.css");

• Old Back-Forward button (green and blue flavor) (Red Cats 4.2.3+)
    For those who're using Firefox 4+ and missing the Forward Cat

@import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/oldBackForward.css");

Supported (themed) extensions

AdBlock Plus, ChatZilla, Classic Theme Restorer (partially), Extension Options Menu, Get Mail, Go Up/Uppity, QuickNote, RestartFirefox, RSS Icon in Awesombar, ScrapBook, Stylish, Themes Menu, Throbber Restored, Undo Closed Tab Button

Changelog (the same for both flavors)

[+] The theme now supports Firefox 46-49
[Enh] Restyled the About pages
[Enh] Restyled the About Add-on window
[Enh] Restyled the Feed Subscribe page
[Fix] Images were missing in the About Private Browsing page
[Fix] A few fixes for the Options page
[Fix] A few fixes for the Stylish window
Lots of minor fixes and enhancements

[+] A couple of new hacks. For small icons mode, with or without Classic Theme Restorer, add this line to your userChrome.css (and don't forget to restart Firefox):

@import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/small_icons.css");

For Classic Theme Restorer icons + text mode (both large and small icons) use this line:

@import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/ctr_icons_and_text.css");

[+] Compatible with Fx 45 and the new identity box
[Enh] Improved styling of the Options page (text fields, buttons, menulists)
[Enh] Improved styling of the notification strips
[Fixed] the TabMix Plus bug
[Fixed] the Mac scrollbar bug. Well, not exactly fixed but users of OS X Mavericks and up will get OS native scrollbars from now on
Lots of minor fixes and enhancements
Last edited by Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat on June 18th, 2016, 9:56 am, edited 37 times in total.
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

My Firefox themes: Red Cats (blue & green flavor), Curacao
patrickjdempsey

Re: [Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 5.6.3 + dev build

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Welcome back! You are a brave soul!
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Thank you, Patrick! Truth be told, I already regret being a brave soul. :mrgreen: Oh well. There is no coming back now...
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

mousies

Post by mousies »

Oh come on we love our cats some blue some green. we love them and thank you for being brave...that means you are hero......
Santa_Fe

Post by Santa_Fe »

Me, I'm waiting for the Calico/Tiger version. :D
mousies

Post by mousies »

=D> =D>
Santa_Fe wrote:Me, I'm waiting for the Calico/Tiger version.

:D
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat,

Many thanks for bringing the cats back. ;)

I have a slight "glitch" though.

I used the .css code for replacing the Back/Fwd buttons = O.K., but the Fwd button only shows the "Arrow" & text & my little cat is missing, as well as the Drop down arrow, as shown in your image.
She's in the Back button, just not wanting to show up in the Fwd button.

I also used the Buttons on bottom from CTR .css which is fine.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Oh. Apparently, I forgot that there exists the small icons + text mode so no wonder the theme doesn't support it properly. Will try to fix the glitch but I have two busy weeks coming up so you'll have to wait.

LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Once again, many thanks for putting so much time & effort into maintaining the theme.
It's nice to have the cats back adorning my screen.

[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Scarlettrunner20

Post by Scarlettrunner20 »

Wow! I have used this theme on my XP computer forever I think. It's really nice to see it updated. It has always been my favorite full theme. :D

I've been using personas on my Windows 8.0 Pro computer with Fx 24.5 ESR, but after reading this thread, I installed Red Cats. It makes my Multicolumn Bookmarks extension look much nicer as the columns with this theme are more narrow, neater looking and not sprawled out like with personas.

Red Cats new tab icon is missing on my Windows 8 computer! How do I get it? It's not in Customize. I have it on my XP computer with an old Fx4 that I use there. I vaguely recall something unusual way back many years ago with the Red Cats new tab icon but I can't recall if I had to do something special to get it or what.

Also, is it possible to somehow color my vertical tab bar? I hate the pale gray default background color. I use Tree Style Tabs extension on both computers. On the XP Pro computer, the background for the vertical tabs is pale green but it stays pale gray on Windows 8. If I make the tabs horizontal across the top on Windows 8 then they are pale green but I hate tabs horizontal.

patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Check the Tree Style Tabs options, there should be an option to allow the tabs to follow colors from the theme (as well as other hard-wired options).
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Scarlettrunner20

Post by Scarlettrunner20 »

Thank you! :) I don't recall seeing that before. I haven't looked at Options in some time though - glanced whenever there was an update to the extension but didn't look closely. The option was there under "Appearance" in Tree Style Tabs. Looks great now! I love green color and the red kitties are adorable.

I wish I could just grab the Red Cats New Tab button off my XP computer and drop it on this Windows 8 computer. The New Tab icon that is there currently does NOT go well with all the Red Cats!
DodiG

Post by DodiG »

Thank-you Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat for spending all the time it must have taken to make your/our cats compatible with Australis. I'm sure it took many hours to give us our cats again and everyone who loves your theme will join me in saying thank-you! =D> Also for combining the green and the blue threads... it makes it much easier to follow with everything in one place and definitely easier on you... :D
GNTMN

Post by GNTMN »

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat,
Thank you!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY TO HAVE MY KITTIES BACK!!
Please don't regret being brave remember that in every hero lives the coward & in the coward resides the hero, what they are is the one they choose to be.
Now most important I'm using the 5.7.0 beta of Red Cats green flavor in Australis and so far all looks and operates as it should.
I have also tried using this with the Classic Theme Restorer addon and I'm happy to report that it works purrfectly there as well.
I'm using Fx 29 in Opensuse 13.1 with the KDE UI.
Once again THANK YOU!
GNTMN a cat lover
Life is a journey, live the journey, because every
destination is the door to another.
watershipwoo

Post by watershipwoo »

THANK YOU for keeping the kitties updated! Browsing is just not the same without them. Question: Somehow I lost the BACK and FORWARD kitty icons; I think this happened when I clicked on "Restore Defaults" which I did for a reason I can't remember now. Have tried to restore them with the hack @import url(chrome://global/skin/hacks/oldBackForward.css); , but no joy. I still have the plain old black left and right arrows. I also don't have a STOP kitty icon, and I remember that there was one of those. Have tried uninstalling the beta version 5.6.3 + dev build, deleting the localstore.rdf file, and reinstalling the beta version. Still no joy. What can I try next? TIA. ](*,)