[Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 6.1.0

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Scarlettrunner20

Re: [Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 5.7.1b4

Post by Scarlettrunner20 »

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat wrote:
Scarlettrunner20 wrote:I was also wondering if it would be possible, without a lot of trouble, to give us small icons, if we prefer them, on Fx with CTR?

Install 5.8.0 and try this one:

Code: Select all

@import url("chrome://global/skin/hacks/ctr_smallIcons.css");

It's still unfinished but will give you the general idea. Can't say I'm pleased with the result though. Maybe it's just not worth the trouble in the end.

I LOVE them! They are the same as the small ones on Pale Moon. :D Fx looks neat now especially since I have the Title Bar gone and Menu bar is accessed when needed from the keyboard and hidden the rest of the time. Plus, the small kitties match the kitty throbber I had a frustrating time fetching (from instructions linked to earlier in this thread).

Mahalo!
Scarlettrunner20

Re: [Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 5.8.0

There's a small bug. I just downloaded a webpage and my small download kitty icon/fishes was replaced when the download finished with the BIG icon. (I know this is just a beta preview of small icons....but wanted to let you know if you weren't already aware of it).

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Post by Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat »

Scarlettrunner20 wrote:There's a small bug. I just downloaded a webpage and my small download kitty icon/fishes was replaced when the download finished with the BIG icon. (I know this is just a beta preview of small icons....but wanted to let you know if you weren't already aware of it).

Oops, my bad. :mrgreen: Forgot about the Download button. It'll be fixed in the next development build.
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

My Firefox themes: Red Cats (blue & green flavor), Curacao
Scarlettrunner20

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat wrote:
Scarlettrunner20 wrote:There's a small bug. I just downloaded a webpage and my small download kitty icon/fishes was replaced when the download finished with the BIG icon. (I know this is just a beta preview of small icons....but wanted to let you know if you weren't already aware of it).

Oops, my bad. :mrgreen: Forgot about the Download button. It'll be fixed in the next development build.

Interestingly, I shut down Fx 37 so I could start up Fx 31 ESR. Later, after shutting down Fx 31 ESR and restarting Fx 37 I found the Download button was back to normal. Doesn't help me much as I use Desktops that are never shut down and I seldom shut down my browsers. ;) It's fine though as I am just happy to have them and I'll wait for the next build for the fix.

Also, when I added that code to give me the small buttons, I had a ton of kitty buttons of different types sitting in the area on the right side of the address bar pushing my other icons off the screen. After several tries in Customize to grab them all at once I was successful and was able to drop them in the Customize window where they all promptly vaporized! :lol:
Scarlettrunner20

Fx38.0.1 put the big icons back. :(
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Post by Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat »

Hmm. The code is not supposed to be version-dependent. After all, it's about CTR, not Firefox so it probably has to do with CTR itself - was there an update? Anyway, I'll look into it shortly, thanks for reporting. :)
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

My Firefox themes: Red Cats (blue & green flavor), Curacao
Scarlettrunner20

My fault. Sorry.

There was a CTR update which I did not notice until about a hour ago when I saw a thread started today on it in the Mozilla forum at my home site (dslreports.com). :oops: The CTR update fixed it. :D

I try to check for extension updates frequently but I don't want them on auto update.

After having the big ones again for a bit, it made me realize how much I like the smaller ones (but I have always preferred small buttons/icons everywhere not just my browser).
NotarySojac

Post by NotarySojac »

I've seen several posts here concerning the disappearing scrollbar and that it would be fixed when Firefox33 was released.
We're currently on Firefox 38 and Red Cats Blue 5.8.0. For several versions of both Firefox and RCb the scrollbar has not disappeared but it is unusably narrow - maybe 3 pixels wide (probably fine if you're using a trackpad or scrollwheel where you never touch the scrollbar). In Firefox's pop-up windows (like in an Add-In's preferences) the scrollbar does completely disappear.

When I remove RCb the normal Firefox scrollbar returns everywhere.

Is there a hack than can increase the width of the scrollbar when we use RCb?

MacOS 10.10 and 10.8.
No Windows machines here so I can't check in that environment.
-------------------------------------------------
Firefox, MacOS X.6, X.8, X.10, MacBooks, MacMini & MacPro
Mickeyjoe

Post by Mickeyjoe »

I think I found a bug with the theme in the Tab Groups. The "handle" in the bottom corner for resizing the groups is not shown so that they cannot be resized.

Default Theme

Red Cats Theme
Last edited by Mickeyjoe on July 27th, 2015, 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

See this http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum for instructions for posting an image in the forum.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Scarlettrunner20

Fx 40 is incompatible with Red Cats and is disabled by Mozilla before the upgrade finishes. UGH. :(

I would NEVER have upgraded if I had known this in advance.

I don't understand why Mozilla has never provided a way to let us abort the upgrade as soon as we are told a theme or favorite extension is not compatible with the new version.

I'm not using Fx 40 (which I see doesn't fix the, for me, critical problem with icon fonts and users who disallow the use of document-specified fonts for accessibility reasons). Pale Moon fixed this problem with the last version and Red Cats works fine with it. So, I will be using it exclusively for now as it is the only browser that fixes the icon font problem.

Anyhow, DO NOT upgrade to Fx 40 if you want to use Red Cats.

I have extension compatibility disabled so I started up Red Cats and it seems fine. I noticed I still had the red cats throbber after Mozilla disabled Red Cats (looked a bit odd sitting there by its lonesome with the rest of the default theme). So, I decided to try Red Cats. I have no idea why Mozilla is flagging it as incompatible with version 40.
creed3

Post by creed3 »

Here's a new bug. At first I thought this was a problem with Tab Mix Plus 0.4.1.9 as I just noticed this happening after it auto updated. After some testing it seems to only happen on the Red Cats theme, and not with the default theme. When hovering over a tab that is not the active tab and has not ever been the active tab since re-starting FF, the tab height increases in size as shown in this image:

Hovering over a tab that is or has been active since re-starting FF does not cause this height change.

I'm running FF 39.0 on Mac OS 10.10.4 using Red Cats (blue flavor) 5.8.0 which I 'hacked' only to change the FF version number so I could continue using it. I briefly looked thru some of the CSS files but couldn't see a specified height param that might be affecting this.

Also is anyone else having the side scroll bar size at 2-4px wide? It's very tough for these old eyes to see.

My wife and I both love this theme! Thanks for all your hard work on it!!
lconnole

Post by lconnole »

creed3 wrote:Here's a new bug. At first I thought this was a problem with Tab Mix Plus 0.4.1.9 as I just noticed this happening after it auto updated. After some testing it seems to only happen on the Red Cats theme, and not with the default theme. When hovering over a tab that is not the active tab and has not ever been the active tab since re-starting FF, the tab height increases in size as shown in this image:

Hovering over a tab that is or has been active since re-starting FF does not cause this height change.

I'm running FF 39.0 on Mac OS 10.10.4 using Red Cats (blue flavor) 5.8.0 which I 'hacked' only to change the FF version number so I could continue using it. I briefly looked thru some of the CSS files but couldn't see a specified height param that might be affecting this.

Also is anyone else having the side scroll bar size at 2-4px wide? It's very tough for these old eyes to see.

My wife and I both love this theme! Thanks for all your hard work on it!!
Creed3, how did you hack your Mac for FF version? I am not very competent on Mac. I need a step by step.
Also I have been having the scroll bar issue for a long time. I just have been dealing with it.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
I have a small glitch with the Ad Block Plus icon.
It's "split" into a few parts & when moused over, the "parts" move.
Ad Block Plus works fine & is the latest version.

Just not sure why the icon displays as it does.

Firefox v38.0.1 & R_C_G_F, v5.8.0.

Pic for ref;

In Firefox, v30 with R_C_G_F, v5.7.1 beta 4, everything is fine, as is my usual Firefox v20.0 & v5.6.3.

Would appreciate any input.

&, thank you for the great Theme.
Love my cats.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
mvdejong

Post by mvdejong »

i have found a remarkable issue. Being a male version of the crazy cat lady, I've been using Red Cats (green flavor) for years, and patching the install.rdf in the .xpi has become routine when upgrading to the next version of Firefox. I currently just set the max. version to 99, when an actual incompatibility comes up, I deal with it then and there. And I might just have found one.

So, I've had versoion 5.8.0 working perfectly on Fx40 on both my home-tower (Windows Vista) and my corporate laptop (Windows 7). Having decided to switch to another employer, I now acquired my own laptop (ASUS N551JX), hoping that I could live with Windows 10 (I had to support some people with 8, which didn't make me happy). Of course, one of the first installations was Fx40, and the Red Cats. After the version-hack it looked OK, until I wanted to minimize the Fx-window. The 3 buttons in the top-right for minimize, maximize and close just aren't there anymore. The do reappear when I switch back to the default theme.

I can live with it, and just use the icon on the taskbar to minimize it, but it does slow me down because my first reflex doesn't work.