[Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 6.1.0

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
historymom

Re: [Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 5.7.0

Post by historymom »

Thank you so much, patient question-askers and erudite and kind techies! I now have all my cats in full working order. I've used Red Cats (green flavor since forever, and I get just furious with Firefox for periodically disappearing them. I downloaded Firefox ESR (31.3, in Windows7) and the cats came back -- then put on Classic Theme Restorer (got the reload cat) and Throbber Restored (ball-cat appeared). My "throbber" cat has a blue ball, and I _think_ it used to be green, but he can have whatever ball he likes -- I'm happy. Lost him a good while back, and I missed him. I hope there's enough of a time buffer with the ESR that this will work for awhile.

Thank you, Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat for all your revisions and scrambling to keep up with the vagaries and disruptions of Firefox over the years. There are a lot of us out here who appreciate it immensely.
lconnole

Post by lconnole »

I use a MAC so I can not use the FF ESR. I wish. What about us folks. It wants us to update to 35.0 and I have fixed everything up to 32.0.3. When I attempt to update it says the theme is incompatible and I will not be able to use until one becomes available. I used add-on Disable Add-on Compatibility Checks 1.3 and it still wiped out my cats until I re-enabled cats again. Is there a fix or new version coming out?

As an FYI I do not have a userchrome.css file for being able to hack things.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
Just another FYI... :)

You have to create the file in the chrome folder.
ref; > http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css

Please note the capital C in the name.
userChrome.css
otherwise, it will not work.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
lconnole

Post by lconnole »

LIMPET235 wrote:Hi,
Just another FYI... :)

You have to create the file in the chrome folder.
ref; > http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css

Please note the capital C in the name.
userChrome.css
otherwise, it will not work.

I have tried this several times with no luck. See my earlier posts. I understand it must be a capital C, I just forgot that in my post, sorry. I have been trying to get this file created for a while and it will not create. I wanted it to use your hacks for color tabs. I know that most the answers I get are using this file to work around something, but my MAC does not have or use it. I appreciate all your work with the cats.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the height of tabs in the tabs toolbar. The problem appeared with Australis.

I tried to post my comments here, but my post was moved to the "Support" forum.

Please kindly have a look at this -> viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2915981&p=14040869#p14040869

Thank you.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Re: [Theme] Red Cats (green/blue flavor) 5.7.1b4

Post by Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat »

Okay guys, I'm truly sorry for making you wait so long for this update but I'm barely able to keep up with all the changes. Anyway, the first public betas are here!

Download Red Cats 5.7.1 beta 4 for Firefox 4.x - 38.0.x: green flavorblue flavor

@lconnole
You may want to try Stylish. Click on the Stylish icon -> Write New Style -> Blank Style -> copy and paste the code.

@JoeG
Are you using CTR?
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

My Firefox themes: Red Cats (blue & green flavor), Curacao
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat wrote:Okay guys, I'm truly sorry for making you wait so long for this update ...
@JoeG
Are you using CTR?

Thanks for the update. It appears to work fine, although it hasn't fixed my issue with the height of the tabs and the tabs toolbar.

Yes, I'm using CTR.

Thanks again, and have a nice weekend.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat,
Glad to have you back on-line.

I just tried your latest build & have a slight problem.

The image shows the comparison between versions using Firefox v30.
(NB: I run v35 but just in the default mode & settings....for trouble shooting on the fora.)

I'm wondering if JoeG has a similar display with Text + Icons?

As you can see, I use the Icons + Text option.
I just tried using just the icon or text options & they both function fine, with no overlap.
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

joeg

Post by joeg »

LIMPET235 wrote:...I'm wondering if JoeG has a similar display with Text + Icons?
It doesn't change anything. :roll:
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Thanks Joe.

I just tried it in v35 & there's no option for Text + Icons that I can see. Image
"They" musta changed stuff....again.

joeg

Post by joeg »

LIMPET235 wrote:Thanks Joe.

I just tried it in v35 & there's no option for Text + Icons that I can see. Image
"They" musta changed stuff....again.
You're welcome. Ummmmm, the setting is in CTR under "Toolbars 1".

As for the Fx Customize panel, as you can see, mine offers the icons+text, text ... choices.
However, this might be due to CTR adding entries to my about:config prefs.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Thank Joe, but as I mentioned, I do not run any extensions in version 35, so there's no options for Text + Icons.
:)

joeg

Post by joeg »

LIMPET235 wrote:Thank Joe, but as I mentioned, I do not run any extensions in version 35, so there's no options for Text + Icons.
:)
Now I know. :!:
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Post by Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat »

Um, wait a minute, I'm kind of lost.... are we talking about _two_ different CTR versions here? Joe & Limpet - what versions are you two using?
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

My Firefox themes: Red Cats (blue & green flavor), Curacao
joeg

Post by joeg »

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat wrote:Um, wait a minute, I'm kind of lost.... are we talking about _two_ different CTR versions here? Joe & Limpet - what versions are you two using?
Hi RFLC. I'm using the latest. Thanks for your help.