[EXT] Norwell history tools

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pirst

[EXT] Norwell history tools

Post by pirst »

Last edited by pirst on May 20th, 2015, 1:59 am, edited 9 times in total.
Philip Chee

Re: [EXT] Norwell firefox browsing history extension

Post by Philip Chee »

pirst wrote:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/norwell/

Displays all browsing history sequentially in a logfile format. Show referer information and browsing breadcrumb info.
Keyword search. Datepicker to select any date in your browsing history. Less than 4kb in size
find it under history menu
How about making your addon compatible with SeaMonkey?

Phil
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Philip Chee wrote:
pirst wrote:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/norwell/

Displays all browsing history sequentially in a logfile format. Show referer information and browsing breadcrumb info.
Keyword search. Datepicker to select any date in your browsing history. Less than 4kb in size
find it under history menu
How about making your addon compatible with SeaMonkey?

Phil

Maybe this converter will be able to make it compatible with SM:

http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.1, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:Maybe this converter will be able to make it compatible with SM:

http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/

I haven't tested this extensively but the converted version seems to work in SeaMonkey. This only shows how easy it would be for the author to add SeaMonkey support!
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey
pirst

Post by pirst »

No plans for seamonkey.
Alfred001

Post by Alfred001 »

I'm having some problems with Norwell, when I type something into the search history bar and press enter nothing happens. The little magnifying glass at the end of the bar turns into an x after I press enter, as if it is working, but nothing ever happens.

The numbers to the right of the search bar showing the number of results etc. don't change either.
pirst

Post by pirst »

Alfred001 wrote:I'm having some problems with Norwell, when I type something into the search history bar and press enter nothing happens. The little magnifying glass at the end of the bar turns into an x after I press enter, as if it is working, but nothing ever happens.

The numbers to the right of the search bar showing the number of results etc. don't change either.

The search bar should turn into progress bar after you press enter (while it's fetching results). After search is complete it would go back to search bar with x instead of magnifying glass.

You didn't mention what version are you using. Norwell 2.0 is out.

I really can't say anything about your problem as you didn't mention if norwelll ever worked for you or it's just misbehaving recently and it might be related to something else.

If it's brand new installation and it doesn't work for you, try installing it in new profile. You can even try importing previous profile history.
Alfred001

Post by Alfred001 »

Ah, I'm using an older version. Did 2.0 come out today, because I installed Norwell yesterday?

How do I updated now? Do I just click on add to firefox at the 2.0 version's page or will this install another seperate instance of Norwell? Do I have to first remove?

The reason I'm installing Norwell is because I'm trying to find out when I first accessed a webpage, but I've found that firefox only has records of my history up to 17.11. of this year and I first accessed this webpage much earlier than that. I didn't wipe my history before that. Do you know if there's any way to recover the records from earlier than that?
pirst

Post by pirst »

No special procedure required for norwell. Update it just like any other extension. I don't think it's possible to recover deleted history records.
happyroot

Re: [EXT] Norwell history tools

Post by happyroot »

Version 2.2.3.1 is not loading my history. When I use the old version 2.2.1.2 and open the Norwell page I see some addresses right away. When using any version above 2.2.1.2 the addresses those addresses don't appear automatically and trying to use the history import tool doesn't work. I'm using Firefox 34.0.5 on Windows 64bit. I also tried on a difference Firefox profile with all add ons except Norwell disabled.
pirst

Post by pirst »

Does anything appear in 2.2.3.1?

What appears and how it appears in norwell on opening varied from version to version, but it was never blank. In few versions it displayed 1000 entries of history from the very begining, but almost all versions display todays history.
happyroot

Post by happyroot »

When I open Norwell (chrome://norwell/content/norwell.xul) it displays nothing, I just see a progress bar towards the upper center pulsing but no entries are displayed. http://i.imgur.com/oUgnytt.png
pirst

Post by pirst »

any errors in browser console (ctr + shift +j)?
happyroot

Post by happyroot »

This is what appears if I clear the log then open the Norwell page.

Code: Select all

uncaught exception: Invalid Date
no element found button_28:1
pirst

Post by pirst »

I'm not sure how comfortable you're with it, but try commenting out lines in historyQuery.js (around line 106):
so it looks like

Code: Select all

//   document.getElementById("cal1").dateValue=new Date();
//   document.getElementById("cal2").dateValue=new Date();

xpi file is just a zip file. historyQuery.js is inside. after you save it - restart the browser (if you edited in original location) or reinstall norwell.