MozillaZine

[Ext] BackTrack Tab History

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pintassilgo

Post Posted August 21st, 2018, 4:02 pm

Thank you.

Today, XPCOMUtils.generateQI was replaced by ChromeUtils.generateQI (1484466), but since you taget DevEd I will not post this kind of thing anymore, unless it reaches DevEd.

AlexVallat

Post Posted August 22nd, 2018, 12:54 am

Thanks, no, that actually is super useful. I just got an email from Mozilla saying that they would not accept any updates to addons that were not WebExtensions from September 6th, so my new plan is to target the Nightly of September 5th! This fix, and any others between now and then, will go into a final update just before the deadline.

After that, we'll see what the further possibilities are. I had hoped to be able to do something WebExtension Experiment based, but unless there's any movement on (1460555) it's not going to work.

pintassilgo

Post Posted August 23rd, 2018, 7:14 pm

That's why I think that AutoConfig may be the future, despite being complicated to set up. It may be the only way to run unrestricted code.

---

pintassilgo wrote:The same for the two
Code: Select all
openLinkIn
in calibration code.

0.21 hasn't added triggeringPrincipal in openLinkIn (Auto-Calibrate button).
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1364392

AlexVallat

Post Posted August 24th, 2018, 12:10 am

I was trying to think of a solution to keep it on AMO, if at all possible. I know AMO doesn't allow Experiments on there, but I'm not sure of the policy on addons which are not experiments themselves, but depend on experiments. If that's not allowed either then it probably won't be possible to keep it on AMO at all, and I'll have to look for somewhere else to list it.

I'll make sure the auto-calibrate code works before the September 5th deadline.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases