[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pag77

Re: [EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Post by pag77 »

ok, please delete city Annapolis, MD and re-enter search/add "Annapolis, MD"
then again check the radar
AineBanana

Post by AineBanana »

pag77 wrote:ok, please delete city Annapolis, MD and re-enter search/add "Annapolis, MD"
then again check the radar
I've done that three times in the past week, but I did it again just now. And it seems to have fixed the issue. :D Thanks

(On screenshots: I know where the machine saves them, but nothing was letting me load them, so they were useless.)
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

If you mean to put them on the forum, I think you need to upload them to like Photobucket or similar site, then you can insert the link to your image. As to viewing them, any photo editor like Photoshop or similar should be able to open the image that the MAC creates.
The MAC defaults to .png file format, but you can change it following the information here:
https://www.lifewire.com/change-locatio ... ts-2260844
sideburns

Post by sideburns »

I just upgraded to the latest version of Forcastfox, and I'm only given two options for where the information is displayed, both of them wrong. One is a small button showing current conditions on the Status Bar, and the other is showing both the button and forecast bar, inside the browser's main window. What I want is what I had before: the forecast bar showing on the status bar, and nothing else unless I use the mouse to request more info. How can I get this back? If it matters, I'm running Firefox 54.0 (64-bit) on Fedora 25 with Xfce, all fully updated.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

It's not showing for me; It's masked by a password program which overlays it at the bottom of the display
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
cindyl10

Post by cindyl10 »

I can't get my weather to show up on either my status bar or the Status-4-evar bar like it used to. I've gone to customize to see if I could move it anywhere, but it disappears whenever I do that. Now it just shows up by itself going across the top of my status-4-evar bar. What can I do?
Starhugger

Post by Starhugger »

I've used Forecastfox for many years. It recently changed its format -- how and where it displays information. It now displays the main information in the top toolbar, and there is also a small icon in the lower right corner of the screen that can be expanded by mousing over it. While this may be handy at time, it is extremely annoying because if there is something else there on the page, there doesn't seem to be any way to view it. I do things on the Internet where important information is often exactly in that position, so this is extremely annoying. I haven't found any way to turn this icon off, so that it doesn't block that corner of the screen. Is there a way to do this? If not, can this please be added as a feature? I don't want to stop using this add-on, but if I can't unblock that corner I may have to. Thanks in advance.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Starhugger wrote: I do things on the Internet where important information is often exactly in that position, so this is extremely annoying...

... I don't want to stop using this add-on, but if I can't unblock that corner I may have to.
World won't end if you do, slick. Worst comes to worst just put your head outside the window and see what the weather is doing.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

If any of the last few posters have the stamina and intestinal fortitude to read back over the last half-dozen pages they will see that the recent changes are not the choice of the developer, Oleksander (pag77). With the release of Firefox 57 in November of this year there is a major change in the way that add-ons work. Nearly all of the current add-ons available to Firefox users will just cease to operate when they use that version whether the user likes it or not. For example, I currently have 28 add-ons on my list. Of those 28, only 3 have so far been updated to work with FF v57. This is not of Oleksander's making; it is a result of the powers-that-be at Mozilla deciding that they should take Firefox in a direction that is probably unwelcome to most of their user-base. No doubt developers of all of the other add-ons are equally frustrated. All Oleksander has done is to prepare Forecastfox for the November 2017 revolution.

Oleksander has already made some very significant changes to his "new" Forecastfox as a result of the comments in the last half-dozen pages of this topic to try and reach the least painful solution for users of the add-on. Forecastfox will never be the same as it was before the changes imposed by the Mozilla Foundation but please give Oleksander credit for doing his best to make Forecastfox as user-friendly and readable in the brave new world as it always used to be.
notanotherreg

Post by notanotherreg »

Please, the 7-day popup in the lower right most often covers up the arrow for the scroll bar. I NEED that arrow and keep struggling to navigate without it. Please let it be moved by us to somewhere else or delete it entirely if it can't be moved. I'm on Windows 7 on a laptop. Otherwise I love the extension.
Starhugger

Post by Starhugger »

Gone Postal wrote:If any of the last few posters have the stamina and intestinal fortitude to read back over the last half-dozen pages they will see that the recent changes are not the choice of the developer, Oleksander (pag77). With the release of Firefox 57 in November of this year there is a major change in the way that add-ons work. Nearly all of the current add-ons available to Firefox users will just cease to operate when they use that version whether the user likes it or not. For example, I currently have 28 add-ons on my list. Of those 28, only 3 have so far been updated to work with FF v57. This is not of Oleksander's making; it is a result of the powers-that-be at Mozilla deciding that they should take Firefox in a direction that is probably unwelcome to most of their user-base. No doubt developers of all of the other add-ons are equally frustrated. All Oleksander has done is to prepare Forecastfox for the November 2017 revolution.

Oleksander has already made some very significant changes to his "new" Forecastfox as a result of the comments in the last half-dozen pages of this topic to try and reach the least painful solution for users of the add-on. Forecastfox will never be the same as it was before the changes imposed by the Mozilla Foundation but please give Oleksander credit for doing his best to make Forecastfox as user-friendly and readable in the brave new world as it always used to be.
Thanks for your reply, GP. Yes, I've been aware that the changes were a result of Firefox changes. I appreciate Oleksander maintaining the add-on, even in its changed state, since it's been a good one and I'm glad to still be able to use it. I'm painfully aware that Firefox Developer (57) has disabled almost all of my add-ons, and as a result I've had to go back to regular Firefox (54) for the time being.

For the moment, I was mostly hoping to find out if it's possible to disable the icon in the lower right corner of the screen while keeping the icon in the top toolbar still working. :-)
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

Go to ForecastFox settings and click on the "No" button against "Show forecast bar"
Starhugger

Post by Starhugger »

Gone Postal wrote:Go to ForecastFox settings and click on the "No" button against "Show forecast bar"
Thank you!! That worked. :D
sideburns

Post by sideburns »

[quote="Gone Postal"]If any of the last few posters have the stamina and intestinal fortitude to read back over the last half-dozen pages they will see that the recent changes are not the choice of the developer, Oleksander (pag77).[/quote]

And if you'll read my post, you'll see that I never blamed the developer. I simply reported on something that I consider to be a problem and asked if there's a way to get back the old behaviour. Judging only by your post, the problem is that the Firefox devs have decided that they know better how the software should be used than the people using it. If so, it may be time to give serious consideration to other browsers.
85rx-7se

Post by 85rx-7se »

Sorry to say, but a lot of software is like that. Windows 10 / Chrome / Firefox and many other programs (like the idiotic Ribbon & washed out colors in MS OFFICE) to name a few. Yahoo Email & Yahoo Finance Portfolios comes to mind as well. The coders think they know what everyone wants, but they do not. We all want the ability to customize the display format to some degree, be it for convenience or better viewing or ease of use. What is good for say a tablet or smartphone, is not always the best for a laptop or desktop. Same thing with bland color schemes. Look at Win 8 for a good example of a classic screw up. Most people do not want tiles taking up the whole damn screen. Give us the choice of tiles or program lists.