[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
pag77

Re: [EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Post by pag77 »

Gone Postal wrote:Is similar text available for each of the following lines?
correctly?

Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

pag77 wrote:
Gone Postal wrote:Is similar text available for each of the following lines?
correctly?

That is absolutely spot on as far as I am concerned. I can't speak for anyone else but something like that would make me very happy. For preference I would choose the first of your options but they are all good.
Paul Allen

Post by Paul Allen »

That is absolutely spot on as far as I am concerned. I can't speak for anyone else but something like that would make me very happy. For preference I would choose the first of your options but they are all good.
I agree, except I would prefer the second (another option!), but they are all good.

Thank you for being so responsive.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Gone Postal wrote:For preference I would choose the first of your options but they are all good.
Paul Allen wrote:I would prefer the second (another option!)
ok :)

Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

pag77 wrote:
Gone Postal wrote:For preference I would choose the first of your options but they are all good.
Paul Allen wrote:I would prefer the second (another option!)
ok :)

You turn difficult problems into something easy! Excellent addition to the options.
Raspberries

Post by Raspberries »

Oleksandr

Thanks for posting how to close the big weather box that showed up in the lower right hand corner the other day. Finally I found answers!

We Forecastfox add-on users are pretty passionate about your add-on and I depend on it often every day for a variety of things.

Everything about it was perfect! I've used it for years and sent you an above recommended contribution a couple of years ago, which isn't something I'd normally do, but this program is the best!

Mozilla shouldn't mess with things that people love --- if I'm reading the problem with the sudden change correctly. The big box taking up room in the lower right hand corner was unacceptable, so hurray for that solution. I had disabled this add-on, but couldn't stand not having the weather at my fingertips, so I went to seek answers and found them here. (I see many people on different sites commenting on the change.)

Hopefully we can get back to the bar again, if Mozilla cooperates, which looks doubtful.

Thanks for all you do!
CaptinSpaulding

Post by CaptinSpaulding »

Have used this extension for many years, absolute must for me and love it. Recently it changed and it seems really nice with a lot more features which is cool too. But the feature I miss the most is being able to hover over the icon on my addons bar and it pop up the big radar map auto (the one that pops up when you hover over the new green radar button in the new forecast addon bar). I prefer not to use the new forecast addon icon bar and just want to keep the old style icon in the firefox addon bar. I realize that I can click the icon and it pops up the mini radar pic with all kinds of other new info but I was just wondering if you can bring back the big radar popup when you hover over the old icon in the addon bar. Living in a rainy place it was truly nice to see the radar quickly without clicking on anything. Thank you kindly.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

CaptinSpaulding wrote:..if you can bring back the big radar popup when you hover over the old icon in the addon bar.
sorry, it's impossible :(
WebExtensions not supported this feature
main button (button on toolbar) - it is only for click.
only for left click mouse.
no middle click, no right click, no over mouse - only left click
CaptinSpaulding

Post by CaptinSpaulding »

pag77 wrote:
CaptinSpaulding wrote:..if you can bring back the big radar popup when you hover over the old icon in the addon bar.
sorry, it's impossible :(
What a shame they do not allow that anymore. Thanks for the info.
Sny734

Post by Sny734 »

My firefox 53.0.3 started acting up for the last week. It gets non responsive and slow, crippled. The Win 10 task manager shows Firefox memory going to 2500 Mb and more. ANYWAY! skipping 3 hours tonight looking for what the problem is. Firefox 53.0.3 shows the last up date on May 30. About that same time I noticed this little umbrella icon show up as a new feature to Forecastfox (fix version) After 3,4, or5 days trying to figure out the problem I FOUND IT ! It is Forecastfox (fix version) When I disable it everything clears right up. I opened the Forecastfox (fix version) menu and toggled the Show forecast bar? to off and that was the problem.
Now being like everyone else I liked the 6 month ago version of Forecastfox (fix version) where I could hover to see the map. Why did you update/change it with out even giving us the option to refuse the update? How do we know what is screwing up our computers if we don't even know that there was an update to a program on our computer.
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Sny734 wrote:...The Win 10 task manager shows Firefox memory going to 2500 Mb and more....I FOUND IT ! It is Forecastfox (fix version) When I disable it everything clears right up.... I opened the Forecastfox (fix version) menu and toggled the Show forecast bar? to off and that was the problem.
are you sure?
I did some tests but can not reproduce your problem.
Please repeat the experiment
Sny734 wrote:Why did you update/change it with out even giving us the option to refuse the update?
Please read the description carefully:
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/foreca ... x-version/
=====================
!!!!! About version 4.x !!!!!
=====================

Sorry, but the statusbar/addonbar is missing in new versions of Firefox.
The current version of Forecastfox is the version for the new API: WebExtensions (supported Firefox and Google Chrome)

WebExtensions not supported "statusbar/addonbar" from xul-addons like as "Addon-bar restored", "Status-4-ever" , etc

These are the inevitable changes in Firefox - all Xul-addons is die in Firefox 57 (November 2017)
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2017/02 ... ilestones/

version 2.4.8 (last for XUL-technology) - is broken: City search does not work
I could not fix and make version 2.4.9, because 2.4.8 uses the outdated version of jQuery
jQuery 1.x is now forbidden by Mozilla, read more: https://bit.ly/1TRIyZY
and I had to choose - either completely rewrite code for WebExtensions (version 3.4) or completely rewrite code for a new jQuery (version 2.4.9)
I chose WebExtensions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for understanding!
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

I have seen memory-hogging on my W10 system with Firefox running as well but it might be a more general Firefox problem rather than a ForecastFox issue. My machine runs 24/7 but I have to close and reload Firefox every day as its memory usage gradually rises to unacceptable levels. I re-opened Firefox at 09:00 BST today and the memory usage was about 340MB. I have just checked (12:30 BST) and the usage was up to 425MB.

Disabling ForecastFox took that back to about 380MB. Re-enabling ForecastFox then re-starting Firefox took the usage back to 340MB again.

Of course the memory-hogging could be a consequence of some or any of the add-ons I am running (including ForecastFox) so it may not be Firefox core-code specific but my fix is to reload Firefox on a daily basis rather than letting the usage rise unacceptably. I can then continue to run the add-ons I wish.

Not saying this is what has happened with @Sny734 but it may be a possibility.
Mumio

Post by Mumio »

I love this extension, just love it...thank you for providing it! The redesign is fine by me, I am on Firefox 51.0.1 and it works very well. I do have a request though: humidity levels do not clearly identify how humid it is as well as the dew point number does (this one makes more sense because the more humid it is outside, the higher the number goes). Is it possible to add dew point as a choice/alternative in the options? [-o<
pag77

Post by pag77 »

Mumio wrote:I love this extension, just love it...thank you for providing it! The redesign is fine by me, I am on Firefox 51.0.1 and it works very well. I do have a request though: humidity levels do not clearly identify how humid it is as well as the dew point number does (this one makes more sense because the more humid it is outside, the higher the number goes). Is it possible to add dew point as a choice/alternative in the options? [-o<
I can make this option only for current condition:
Claud43

Post by Claud43 »

I really love the new 4.1 version. its really nice, Thank you so much for working so fast getting he new version out.